11 Reasons You’re Failing To Lose Fat

Options

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I believe I do count calories with a good approximation

No, you don't. If you did, you wouldn't be complaining of zero progress.
    and I know I'm eating much less than moths ago, when I was actually losing weight and having the same life, same workout. But I guess these are useless information, if I can't prove it with an accurate daily log on My Fitness Pal.

By all means, continue with the "I'm doing everything right and still not losing" attitude that's been so successful for you. Admitting you messed up would be tough on the ego, so don't bother. Just tell yourself we're all wrong and stupid and Just Don't Understand and continue to fail.

Don't worry, my ego is doing great. I've suffered from depression and anxiety for the past 25 years. I haven't left the house for 4 years (or maybe 5). I've never had friends and my parents pay for the food I eat and weight. I'm not doing anything right. Nothing at all. I'm the stupid one, I'm actually much worse than that: I'm weird, broken and a loser. There are so many wrong things with me. You have no idea how I regret writing here, I never write anywhere and don't talk to anyone, execpt my sister, because I have social anxiety and I'm sure I'll regret this response.
    Block jonnythan and be done with it.

I wish blocking people made what they said somehow less correct. If only...

Sorry, that was mean. Let's all strive to be more enabling and hand holdy and less honest.
    Yes, badgering strangers on the internet is so admirable.

I wasn't aware anyone here was striving to be 'admirable'.
    Or helpful, it seems in many cases. Just...better, and "right".

I happen to find many people who are accused of badgering very helpful.

By contrast I find those who insist that things must be stated nicer or with some degree of handholding, as if we aren't all adults and must be cuddled when told the truth, to be very unhelpful.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

and I know I'm eating much less than moths ago, when I was actually losing weight and having the same life, same workout. But I guess these are useless information, if I can't prove it with an accurate daily log on My Fitness Pal.

By all means, continue with the "I'm doing everything right and still not losing" attitude that's been so successful for you. Admitting you messed up would be tough on the ego, so don't bother. Just tell yourself we're all wrong and stupid and Just Don't Understand and continue to fail.

Don't worry, my ego is doing great. I've suffered from depression and anxiety for the past 25 years. I haven't left the house for 4 years (or maybe 5). I've never had friends and my parents pay for the food I eat and weight. I'm not doing anything right. Nothing at all. I'm the stupid one, I'm actually much worse than that: I'm weird, broken and a loser. There are so many wrong things with me. You have no idea how I regret writing here, I never write anywhere and don't talk to anyone, execpt my sister, because I have social anxiety and I'm sure I'll regret this response.

Sorry, that was mean. Let's all strive to be more enabling and hand holdy and less honest.

I'm sure you do.

I'm done here.

but for the sake of tuesday levity:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/badgers
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Appreciate the interesting article. Spent some time reading other articles there. Feel like I learned some things.
  • losingw8now
    losingw8now Posts: 105 Member
    Options

It's certainly not one of my priorities at least.

Then you have achieved it!! These forums are to help each other out - which is admirable. Putting them down for asking for help is not!!
  • Achrya
    Options

Then you have achieved it!! These forums are to help each other out - which is admirable. Putting them down for asking for help is not!!

It's always nice to have my achievements acknowledged.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

It's always nice to have my achievements acknowledged.

o9xduyc9x345hm7p1b75nrmk6o947gjlzyd5.gif
  • bethedney
    bethedney Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? (You need to drink between 1/2 -1 oz per pound of your ideal weight)
    Also calorie cycling might help your situation. One day a week have what you want to eat. Just make sure you don't forget the water and exercise that day.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Is that truly the only reason these forums exist? No mention of education or betterment or sharing of ideas (to name just a few of dozens of other possibilities)? Just a vague "to help each other out"?

If that's truly the case, I need to find a different forum in which to post.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Is that truly the only reason these forums exist? No mention of education or betterment or sharing of ideas (to name just a few of dozens of other possibilities)? Just a vague "to help each other out"?

We're all here for the same reason!
  • Achrya
    Options

Dancing badgers?
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

We're all here for the same different reasons! :P
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Dancing badgers?
    yes
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options

By contrast I find those who insist that things must be stated nicer or with some degree of handholding, as if we aren't all adults and must be cuddled when told the truth, to be very unhelpful.

Well bless your little heart. Let me badger to you to show some compassion.
    Obviously the person we are talking about has more issues than weight, instead of backing off some people turn into wolves on here. Dancing badgers are so much nicer. Everyone is different, and everyone learns and comes to realizations differently. Can't we all just get along? I wish I knew how to do gif's, imagine an image of a dancing badger and big wolf doing the cha cha here. :happy:
  • Achrya
    Options

Well bless your little heart. Let me badger to you to show some compassion.
    Obviously the person we are talking about has more issues than weight, instead of backing off some people turn into wolves on here. Dancing badgers are so much nicer. Everyone is different, and everyone learns and comes to realizations differently. Can't we all just get along? I wish I knew how to do gif's, imagine an image of a dancing badger and big wolf doing the cha cha here. :happy:

Be my guest. I would like to forewarn you that I don't ask questions about my intake (I actually picked a number then then lowered/raised it until I found a point that worked for me on a consistent basis) I don't overestimate my burns, and I lose weight/inches on a consistent basis. When I do ask for advice I don't argue with the people who give it to me, but rather I take it in the spirit it was given and don't imagine tones that I can't hear or motives that I can't prove. Even if I don't take the advice I appreciate what has been given and am grateful for every person who takes time out to answer my question. Most of the advice I've received here hasn't been 'nice' or 'kind' but it's been honest, to the point, and based not in someone's desire to make me happy/tell me what I want to hear, but to tell me what I need to hear.

it isn't the well meaning "OMG you guise are so meannn" people on MFP who helped me get on and then stay on track, it's the people who tell me the simple truth who have done so.

With that in mind if you think you have something to badger me about, go for it.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I've been eating around 900 calories (sometimes less) for almost a month, I've done 40 minutes (sometimes up to an hour) of stationary bike every morning before breakfast and in the last week I've done 4 days of the 30 day shred.
    I'm also 40 kg overweight.
    Haven't lost a pound. So, I guess I'm still eating too much. Will 800 calories do it?

Actually, you aren't eating enough...

lol you didn't read that article did you.

On 900 calories you will lose weight, you are miscalculating your intake.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Not in for thread drama, just in because I want to save the link in my recent posts for future citation. Thanks to the OP for posting! :flowerforyou:
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    What a silly thing to write. Surely if your using My Fitness it tells you when you complete your diary that your consuming to few calories. By eating such a minimal amount your actually putting your body into starvation mode which is why your probably putting on weight. Before you start dieting maybe you should do research rather than asking silly questions. Faddy diets don't help all you need to acheive the best results is a well balanced nutrional and exercise plan.

you don't put on weight by eating too little, it is against the laws of physics.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    dancing badgers I saw.....
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    You people are exactly as I remember you months ago. So cute.

Thanks for the article... exactly my experience. Me, my hypothyroid and my Mirena IUD... still lost weight being meticulous about measuring and counting calories, and simply exercising more.

I went on maintenance during the summer, had a blast dating new people who probably would have never taken a second look at me when I was 70 lbs heavier, and back again to get to goal weight.

**wave**
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    In for the calolories