SHORT GIRLS -- What are your biggest "problem areas"?

Options

Replies

• WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    "I have a bubble butt and big thighs"

^^Same here^^

Since I've lost weight, my thighs have gotten small enough that they don't eat my shorts when I walk, so that's nice. I wear White House Black Market shorts, so maybe the cut of those helps, too.

As for toning up, I'm thinking we need to figure out what exercises that Kim Kardashian and Jennifer Lopez did to tighten up. I'd say squats and lunges. I wish I had actual proof of quantity and frequency, but I'm just not "there," yet. I'll be interested to see what others say :)
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options
    My biggest problem, even though I've had a ton of success with counting calories, is that I can't seem to reach my goal height.

It sucks

LOL! Me, either.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options
    At ballet the teacher always tells you to suck in your belly button and tuck in your butt, and when the teacher checked everyone individually I always got the remark to tuck in my butt. But... I just...couldn't.

^^Haha! I took ballroom dancing and realized quickly that I was never going to be able to tuck my butt in enough. (In addition to having a bubble butt, I am also duck-backed. Go me! haha)
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    5' , 115lbs

stomach & thighs. Squats are helping the thighs - at least they're firm now. The stomach, well, I'm working on it. :)
  • mizzcasual
    mizzcasual Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 , I have a short torso and long legs nearly everyone else I know has a long torso and short legs they appear slimmer.
    My problem area is my stomach I used to only lose inches it took about 6 months before I started losing weight. I'm not that heavy just average only have about 1.5st to lose now started at 2st. My stomach is just so slow and also the saddlebags . My legs aren't too bad but I do hate my thighs.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'2" and it's my belly. i don't see myself as hourglass, OR pear shaped. i'm shaped like a watch lmao.. i just feel like it all pools in the mid-section. my butt/thighs/arms could be cleaned up but are more or less okay (to me). i have no shame..here is a picture from a couple months ago:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/valalltogether/weight loss/153_zps3eca67ff.jpg
  • KMiYong
    KMiYong Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    first of all - you're very pretty!

now to the topic- I have a friend who's your height and has the same 'problem' you described.
    to me it seems you're just a pear shaped girl, and there's nothing to be ashamed of about it!
    do exercise to tone your legs and bum, and you'll be fine :) also, go ahead and wear shorts, and feel free to feel pretty :) not everyone has a tigh gap, and they all wear whatever they like. and if you're looking for a gap, I could direct you to an article about exercise that could help you with it ^^

good luck!
  • varsha321
    Options
    Im 5'2! and I weigh about 157 and most of that extra weight is on my butt. Its huge in a not so nice way and my thighs!! Cant really wear shorts or dresses above my knees. It makes me too self conscious! And of course i have a bit of a tummy too. Im working on loosing all the extra fat!
  • WildlyCurly
    WildlyCurly Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem area starts from the top of my head and continues all the way down to my toes. :sad:

But in all seriousness I'd say my arms. I hate them! They're fat and huge and way longer than the rest of my short self. They were always huge even when I was skinny. Second problem area is my stomach. I have the body type of a Smurf: short, round stomach, huge long arms. It doesn't help that I like wearing blue... I am 5'1 and 211 lbs, so I actually look like a smurf that ate 4 other Smurfs :laugh: But I am working on it...
  • lisal11
    lisal11 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm just shy of 5'3". Typical hour glass figure. Waist is tiny but behind and thighs are a problem. I also have grandma's "batwings". Absolutely despise my upper arms!
  • hamminit
    hamminit Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    ummm .. you can roll me down a hill lol
  • Hannah_W90
    Hannah_W90 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 3 and I weight about 134 lbs. I feel chubby at this weight, but cant seem to shift it. The lightest I got to was 129 lbs. My problem areas are my tummy/sides and my upper arms. My muscles get stronger when I work out, and they feel harder, but the fat on top of the muscle isn't shifting.... anyone else have this problem??
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I seem to be missing more than one critical attribute for this thread. I feel discriminated against.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    SHORT GIRLS -- What are your biggest "problem areas"?

Their height
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Always having purchased clothing needing alterations.
    But short people live longer
  • Cinloykko
    Cinloykko Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" (sometimes 5'2" if i wanna lie to myself. Lol
    My problem areas are definitely stomach and thighs. For someone so short, I inevitably have short stubby legs that lead up to fatter thighs for the sake of holding up my booty ;-) I embrace it though. What i cant stand is the flabby stomach area.

Oh, and don't get my started on my flabby arms! Short fat limbs everywhere! Hahaha.
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    5 feet 0 inches even on a GOOD hair day. :laugh: However, hubby :hearts: to remind me per a pic of me at a kids park next to a height chart that I'm REALLY only 4 ft 10 1/2 ". :Laugh: i'm sticking 5 ft even and that's that. :wink:

Probably areas have always been hips, butt and thighs, even when I was dancing and swimming in Jr/HS. However, mostly weight was an issue after I started dating my hubby. :laugh: We'd liked to eat out and drink every weekend. To be in :heart: and young. Haaaa. Lost 40 before we got married, but gained it back and then some with two pregnancies, c-sections, and babies. :cry:

Regardless, of my bad genes on both sides of my family, I know when I'm active and watch what I eat, I can and have lost weight in the past. I also have an hour glass shape. Even though I'm still heavy, I have a smaller waist. That part I :heart: 1/2 way to goal I'm still bottom heavy, but NOTHING like I use to be. :wink:

GL everyone. Keep fighting!

Xoxo

C
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I'm big all over. I, too, have the lovely "bat wings," the turkey gobble double-chin, back fat, stomach, and thighs. Heck, even my feet are fat! LOL But my stomach doesn't stick out - it hangs over! Excess skin that I'm afraid will probably require surgery, even if I lose weight. Like I have money for that...
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    armpit fat/back area...its annoying.. let me know if you have ideas !
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem, even though I've had a ton of success with counting calories, is that I can't seem to reach my goal height.

It sucks

Yeah, it's a bummer man. =P

Really though, it's hips/butt for me. Never get smaller, just more defined.