Sabotaged by Toddlers

Options

Replies

• happyindian
    happyindian Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    totally my story....altho most days, i get up early and workout while hubby dear is at home , in case they wake up. Whenever, i try to do some toning exerciese, they wanna do it with me.
    But then i think, in a way it is gud tht they r getting the sense of exercising and healthy eating early on in their lives...unlike me.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I have 4 year old twin boys and this all sounds familiar. We are members of the local YMCA and they have babysitting while you work out. My boys have been going for quite a while and love it.

When they were young, I would take them to a baseball field that wasn't in use. It was great since they are almost always fenced in and large, so I would play with them, or set them up with baseballs and bats and I could run around the perimerer of the field.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mkyh9hh6ub1rhwl4ko2_r4_400.gif
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Yes!! My 13 month old tackles me when I'm trying to do yoga and also clinging to my legs or walking through them!
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Yep, I think toddlerhood went by in a big whoosh for me!

Our 11 year old son gave me a basketball for my b-day...so all those hours of leaving him with DH while I went to the gym have paid off...cause he thinks Mom is that fit!
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I usually workout in front of the tv while my 2 year old eats breakfast and watches Netflix on my computer 3 feet away. He's pretty good for the most part but lately he insists that I am creating a "bridge" just for him when I am doing some of the Insanity exercises or stretches. He also constantly gets in my way when I dance with the Kinect, which then adds another player or pauses the game. Drives me crazy. When we go for a long walk, he knows I won't let him out of the stroller but I bring snacks and let him play on my phone or his Leappad when the walk starts to bore him.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    redneck.jpg
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Two words: nap time.
  • Still1Workoutatatime
    Options
    Take them to the gym, toss them in the lions cage with all the other toddlers, and book it before they know what the F just happened. You're welcome.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Still1Workoutatatime
    Options
    redneck.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • saanaismom
    saanaismom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I think ur toddler's might have been training mine. My solution has been to bike to and from work, and they work out at lunch. My husband distracts her on the weekends while I sneak out for my long run. Actually, even though distracted she used to scream and carry on like someone told her santa claus was dead, but I kept on leaving her little *kitten* with her papa and she realized she has to embrace the run, now she cheers me on. However, she hates when I use the computer to log (I try to do all my logging at work) and I hear her little hater feet coming so I gtg!
  • Still1Workoutatatime
    Options
    tumblr_mkyh9hh6ub1rhwl4ko2_r4_400.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    What'll they become teens who can and do eat anything in sight tempting you with their junk food they insist on having in the house *sigh*
  • blondiebabe92
    blondiebabe92 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Well I know my mom would benedryl us for long car trips :laugh: When I babysit I sometimes create toddler jail with the gates and heavier furniture. I can see them, they have toys and I get my work done
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add except thank you for this because it's funny and true.

ETA: Now I have the Beastie Boys stuck in my head.
  • drmcglone
    drmcglone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!! This is too funny.......and the sad part......I CAN RELATE!!! :sad:
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    What can I say?!? It's sabotage...
    :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh:
    I totally feel your pain, OP. Mine sabotaged my graduate program by putting pennies in my computer's floppy drive and hanging on my arm as I was typing my thesis. When I let him drop the six inches from my forearm to the floor, he called 911 on me. :huh: #truestory

And now he's commuting to college, and even though he still lives in my house... for now... every time I see him is special. I went through "empty nest" HARD when he went out of state for a couple years. Mixed feelings about going through it again. Sure enjoying his presence in the house now, and not just because he spots my bench. :happy:

ETA: He also seems to get chatty about girlfriends, want to demonstrate his power clean, and/or have a network problem or a homework question, right after my warmup set of squats. Some things never change!
  • kimmysueneal
    kimmysueneal Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally someone who feels my pain!!!!!!!!!
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I know we're doing this for fun...but this a.m. I asked DS for a kiss and he said: Okay, Mom, if it is important to you.

It is amazing how you go from being the center of their world....to be an intrusion!