Has anyone lost 20 pounds in 3 months

Options

Replies

• heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I lost 19 lbs in just under 3 months, but I am 30% body fat so it comes of quicker on me than it would on you
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I lost over 20lbs in 10 weeks.. Did a ton of cardio, counted pts.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 in 12 weeks, but I was not at 15% BF, I'm pretty sure.
  • red0202
    red0202 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes I did...I lost 30 pounds in 3 months (193lbs to 163lbs)... all by :

1) healthy eating
    2) logging everything i ate
    3) drinking plenty of water
    4) walking 6+ km everyday (roughly 1 hour a day)
  • chirosche
    chirosche Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Any one lost 20 pounds in 3 months im at 15 percent body fat and I need to lose about 20 pounds . A good success story would help me alot

15% body fat? 20 pounds to lose? With that BF, you must be pretty lean??
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm down almost 60 pounds in 9 1/2 months (first 15 or so before I joined MFP) so it is possible. Like others, I started out well into the obese category so I had a LOT to lose.

Healthy eating. Regular trips to the gym, and this summer I started biking to and from the commuter train on work days.
  • MrsWilliams0618
    MrsWilliams0618 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am down 20 pounds in about 3 months, I started back in april and then fell off the wagon for a few months, I got back on in July and am exactly 20 pounds down, I cant tell a huge difference looking at the pics myself, I think maybe mostly in my face...

SW:194
    CW: 174
    GW:140ish

6abd1119-a7f6-4c10-9948-44f06d0b1905.jpg
  • ablot63
    ablot63 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i lost 25 lbs in 3 months but with lots of stalls and slowed weight loss. i'm losing reallyyyy slow now but there comes a point where losing weight isnt the goal anymore but toning is
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    I lost 20 in just over a month... Not obese just really cracked down on food choices and exercise. I've been working towards my goals for the past 2.5-3 years now and felt stuck forever but decided to eat very clean and it did the trick. I'm 5'11" and down to 156lbs. With some hard work ahead I'll make it to 150 before the holidays :) aka goal weight. My diary is open so feel free to peek. I do have one cheat meal every 4-7 days which can explain things like tequila and beer lol
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    If you are already at 15% body fat then 20 pounds in 3 months is probably not healthy or realistic. Like most people in this thread who are saying yes, I lost 20 fast but started at 300. weight loss and maintenance is about patience and being healthy long term, it's not a race.
  • Dr1nkbleachndye
    Dr1nkbleachndye Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I easily could have, but I only ended up losing 18 in a 3 month period I believe.

I started my diet refusing to do cardio, to make a point to my friends, family, people at my gym, and anyone who asks how I lost so much weight.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that had I had done cardio I could have lost over 20lbs.

My TDEE is crazy some days and can vary as much as 700 cals on a workout day. I do tunnel construction in manhattan for a living so it can get pretty intense. My typical maintenance is around 2900 cals, but it can be up to 3600 cals on some work/workout days. It's really easy to lose weight when your cal intake is between 1700-2200 for the day. Problem with what I do for a living is a low carb diet does not suffice. I need carbs in the morning or else my body drags a&$ all day. Which is fine because you want your carb intake to be higher just before the periods of the day where u exert the most energy.
  • jill00043
    Options
    Kate- what helped you lose weight? What type of exercises did you do/start out with? I'm overweight and I tend to lean more towards biking, walking & jogging in place (if at home watching tv). Any feed back would be helpful!
  • sallievp
    sallievp Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I lost 21 pounds in exactly 2 months...from 161 pounds to 140 pounds...1200 cal a day and moving around more...I found it quite easy as had a goal of seeing my family after 2 mths in India :-)
    Good luck, you can do it!
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    one of my friend lost 30+ pounds in 2 months with jogging and calorie counting!!
  • icecreamdreams
    icecreamdreams Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    user deactivated the profile, sounded pretty fishy to begin with.
  • RonW956
    RonW956 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I dropped from 211 to 177lbs in 4 months by walking/jogging and eating clean
  • Goalsoalgoals
    Options
    I lost around 20lb in 3 months, for the first month or so I stook to eating 1200 calories and eating back half excersize calories, then for about 5 weeks I ate around 1000, but didn't eat back the calories from excersize (not in anyway healthy!) I fet desperate to lose weight for a holiday, anyway it worked and I lost about 2 or 3lb every week. I have since gone back to eating a net amount of1200, and didn't gain any extra from changing my diet back, although I do only lose about 1 lb a week now. I run about 20 minutes 5 days a week and walk about 40 minutes or so just about every day. Started at 160lb, currently 127lb
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I lost about 15 in three months. My ideal is about 175 lbs., and I was about 195 lbs. then. Took about three months to lose fifteen of it, and about six more months to lose the last five, lol. I wasn't going after that last five like crazy, though-- just sort of sticking to a mild calorie deficit and working out. Still, it's crazy how much fat loss slows when you only have a few to go.
  • lauramblair
    lauramblair Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am just over 20 pounds right at 3 months. I wasn't obese but definitely overweight. I do 1200 calories per day and exercise a minimum of 40 minutes per day, ~4 times per week.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    ive lost 34 since july 22nd. i started at 278 though.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!