What's your end date goal?

Options
Do you have a rough end date in mind as to when you want to achieved your goal weight?
How much do you have left to lose before then ( only if you want to say )

:)

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i dont have an end date, I just keep changing my goals...

I will be doing this for life...
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options

Yep this. With the 95% failure rate for long term weight loss success I plan on always working towards goals, so I can be part of the 5%. Losing weight is just a small piece of this whole process.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I have a "I would like to be X amount of weight by X time", but that's arbitrary as it's more important for me to feel fit and focus on some NSVs. That being said, I will likely be that weight by that time, but it's become less important than overall getting fit and becoming stronger.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I don't really know what I want to weigh and don't plan on stopping exercising or anything once I find that perfect weight/perfect amount of toning... I know I need to lose atleast another 30-35 pounds but I'm not in a rush and don't want to set huge goals and not hit them. I'm happy losing a pound a week and just getting stronger.
  • MizSookeh
    MizSookeh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    First Goal - 30 by 30 - 30 kilos by my 30th birthday (June)
    Second Goal - 15 by '15 - another 15 kilos before 2015

After that, I'll need to see how I'm looking. :)
  • erinsl27
    Options
    January 15th 2014. I'm about 35lbs away...not sure it's possible. If I have to go into Feb that's cool too.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this for life now, I had a goal date and it didn't happen. I've found that setting time limits or weight goals only slows me down because I get discouraged if I don't meet it!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

Stop it with this Common sense this is no place for it ;-)
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    THERE SHOULDN'T BE AN END DATE!! When you reach your goal, then it is just manitenance. We have to make sure we don't slip back to where we came from. We want to either stay at our target goal or go ahead and lose more, if we need to.

Basil
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    when i started i calculated that i would be done by november. I see now that it doesnt work that way. I thought i would just lose a pound a week until november. Things have slowed down for me now so I think it is best not to think of an end date goal. As long as we keep at it, we will get there when we get there.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I think after 2 years on MFP I will be at 180-ish. That is my ultimate goal. I know it's much higher than most, and it is of course subject to change.

Started losing weight Nov 2008 was at 307

Started 3/25/13 on MFP at 262

Currently at 218
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    No end date. I'm eating better and exercising the rest of my life. I do have a goal to lose weight, but if I never make it to it, I can revel in the fact that I am living a better lifestyle striving for it.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Initially I wanted to lose all the weight in a year, so that meant 42 pounds by mid-January 2014...(Yeah, my third time around here, and final time, as I'm doing it forever and ever, LOL)

When I started lifting last February I also did a lot of reading, and now all my scale-related goals are kind of out the window. My short term goal is to drop as much body fat as is healthy for me to do so by Thanksgiving-ish, because I think that I'd like to bulk for 4-6 weeks (over the holidays, of course, haha) and then cut after the first of the year.

My long term goal is now to achieve a certain look/level of fitness, and as long as my clothing fits me? I don't really stress too terribly much over what the scale says these days. (Although it IS kinda cool to see the numbers go down on those occasions when they do, LOL...) I'm not really putting a time-frame on it, though, given that I think this is going to be one of those lifestyle-things that I will continue to do until I can no longer pick up a barbell. :wink:

ETA: I only have about four pounds left till I hit my original goal, and I am able to wear clothes I haven't worn since 2003 (including my wedding dress), so even if the scale doesn't move one bit between now and November, I'm totally cool with that.
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I want to be at my goal the day before yesterday. Looks like this is going to take a bit longer than I'd hoped. :wink:
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

There is no end date - except my DOD. This is my life now. And I LOVE it!
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    My goal 3 years ago was to loose 100 pounds in 7 months,
    it took me 8 months and I lost 100. I have
    spent the last 2.4 years trying to keep it off.
    My now goal is to get back to 117
    Goals change, sizes change, you go with it but never let yourself go back to where you were.
    I will never be over weight again.
    My weight goes up not due to over eating but lack of exercise.
    The two go together.
    This is a life style choice!
  • catita1025
    catita1025 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Agree with all who said there is no end date! This is now my life style. I have numerous short term goals...long term is to continue great habits with no end date in sight!
  • smithed812
    Options
    When I got my BodyMedia armband it determined my "end date" as March 14, 2014. I have 29.6 lbs to lose in 164 days. It is doable but I don't really care as long as I continue to make progress and improvements.
  • astange83
    astange83 Posts: 105
    Options
    I'd like to lose the final 10/11 lbs by the end of the year, but I know from past past experiences its doesn't end there I can't go back to where I was before eating the way I was.
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    My end date is August 9,2014 my 35th Birthday but honestly I'm not to concern with meeting my goal. At first I was but now I'm just happy with being less weight than I started with it.