Should thighs rub?

Options

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Im sorry i cant help my self.

Thighs rubbing together always feels so good for both you and your partner.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I'm right in the middle of the healthy weight range and my thighs rub.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    My thighs have always touched at the top (I think), I would never have a thigh gap (like that triangle) but I do wonder if I squat like a boss and got down to under 20% bf% if they would still. I don't know that I can remember that far back lol
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    It's completely normal. Thigh gap is only achieveable for people with wide-set hips - or people that are dangerously underweight.

This.
  • mag131
    mag131 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    It all depends on genetics, bone structure, fat distribution, etc.

Even when I was underweight years ago my thighs touched. The only reason I might possibly have a thigh gap now when I reach my goal weight is because my hips spread so much with pregnancy/childbirth. lol
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person. I myself will never achieve the lovely "thigh gap" that some women work so hard to get.
  • ztaitaifufu
    ztaitaifufu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    occasionally touching if you are standing a certain way is totally normal for a lot of women with hips of a smaller width or low degree angle, but i'd say if they are touching when you walk and run, esp if it;s uncomfortable or sticking together then that's not good. all our bodies are different and healthy looks different for different people, but i'd say it's safe to say that if you body parts are invading each others space it's not a good sign : )
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    It depends on bone structure... not weight. Even at my thinnest, which was a very healthy and fit weight (145 lbs)... my thighs touched.
  • hamminit
    hamminit Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    my thighs touched when I weighed 105 lbs in highschool - some people's just do
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I dont know much about or care about this "thigh gap" people always talk about, but I do know that my thighs have always rubbed to the point of wearing holes in my pants between my thighs (i have always been obese). Now that I wear skirts sometimes, if I do a lot of walking that day, my thighs get very sore and chafed. I would sure like for those issues to go away as my thighs get smaller!
  • chantelp0508
    chantelp0508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Even at 95lb, my thighs touched
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    it is normal for them to touch.

That being said, for the longest time, my pants would develop holes in the inner thigh from them rubbing together ( chub rub). Over the last few years, my legs have gotten toned and muscular. In January bought 2 pair of yoga pants, and 9+ months later, there is NO sign of chub rub! :bigsmile: A thigh gap isn't something I want...but I LOVE not having chub rub ruin my pants.

Chub rub! Haha! I totally feel your pain (see previous post)
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    It's completely normal. Thigh gap is only achieveable for people with wide-set hips - or people that are dangerously underweight.

It does depend on your bone structure, to an extent, but I don't have wide hips AND I'm not dangerously underweight and I have "thigh gap." My mom has wider hips and is only a few pounds heavier than me and she doesn't, and my sister also has wide hips and USED to have a "thigh gap," but doesn't anymore.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Your thighs should reside between your hips and knees.

As long as they are doing that, they are normal.
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Your thighs should reside between your hips and knees.

As long as they are doing that, they are normal.

:drinker:
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 with a small-to-average hourglass frame and my thighs touched even when I was 95lbs. I grew up riding horses and doing a lot of heavy work with my legs (farmwork, horse shows, etc) and I have super-developed thigh muscles since I was a kid. Unless I allow my muscles to atrophy on purpose, I don't I will ever have a thigh gap :laugh:
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    My legs are built really weird. My KNEES touch. I know this is totally dorky, but when I was in marching band in school you were supposed to put your feet together and "mark time". I couldn't do that because with my feet together my knees rub. I"M DEFORMED!!! :sad:

lol:laugh:

Personally I think the "thigh gap" is kinda gross. I've seen some pics where it's extreme and my first thought is "that looks alien-like!"

I'm about healthy, not skinny
  • Solomino
    Solomino Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oh I can't wait not to have chafing.
    :tongue:
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    There+is+a+difference+_c33a956aa99fd9de70c4f2d85aaf9110.jpg

which is sexier to you? lol
  • new_beth_2013
    new_beth_2013 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    This doesnt make sense. What is considered "normal" anyway? All our bodies are beautiful creations NOT MEANT to look like a cookie cutter of the person next to us.

This is like asking if big boobs is normal...:huh: