Friends needed... diet and no *kitten* starting TODAY!!

Options

Replies

• Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    yeah.... I dropped my fagott back in 1996

Well pick it up, wipe the fluff and dust off it, get some more gravy and eat it properly, stop playing with your food!

*kitten*_zps11a3052a.jpg

Learn something new every day! I'll have to look these up!

Good luck OP on your life style quest!

Here's a recipe from one of our odder celebrity chefs - personally, I hate them :sick: but that's just me! Maybe my mum just bought cheap ones that weren't nice! I seem to remember them feeling a bit grainy in the mouth. Also I've never like offal in general.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    It's actually a very, very common term in Europe.

Is "*kitten*" used to mean "gay" there as well or is it more commonly associated with cigarettes? Just curious

Cigarettes.

We're aware of the US meaning, but if you say the word *kitten* in the UK the first thing we think of is a ciggie. And it probably lacks the shock value here - rather like your fanny pack which will sound innoccuous to you, but does make us do a double take when we hear it! So a thread with that title has no shock value to us.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options

Is "*kitten*" used to mean "gay" there as well or is it more commonly associated with cigarettes? Just curious

Cigarettes.

We're aware of the US meaning, but if you say the word *kitten* in the UK the first thing we think of is a ciggie. And it probably lacks the shock value here - rather like your fanny pack which will sound innoccuous to you, but does make us do a double take when we hear it! So a thread with that title has no shock value to us.

..what does fanny pack mean to you guys? I've never known there was a double meaning for it.
  • tyb03
    tyb03 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I concur! I was just intrigued to see what she menat soI selected it. Hopefully, others do the same.
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options

Cigarettes.

..what does fanny pack mean to you guys? I've never known there was a double meaning for it.

Fanny pack sounds ridiculous to me too and I'm American.
  • sway1080
    sway1080 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi, anyone else out there giving up smoking on the same day as starting diet? helllpppp!! lol x

Hey! :)
    I didn't start the same day but I quit smoking first, quit about 6 months ago, started diet and exercise about 5.5 weeks ago...it takes a lot of dedication but you'll feel so much better, just don't deprive yourself TOO crazy with food, eat the things you like but in MODERATION and try to incorporate more veggies and lean protein :)
    Good luck :)

49315971.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    oh dear.. that subject line -while I know what you mean- is gonna draw some commentary..
    omg, I know.
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    Haha want this title in my news feed
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    "TOPIC: Friends needed... diet and no *kitten* starting TODAY!!"

What is that supposed to mean???
  • ticiaelizabeth
    ticiaelizabeth Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing at the beginning of september, and everyone thought i was crazy. I am now 4 weeks smoke free and down 10 pounds. It can be done with some hard work and dedication. Best of luck to you xx
  • jannem16
    jannem16 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    First got my attention for "friends needed" then saw the rest and sure wasn't thinking about smokes. : ]/ (Forgot about cigs being called that.)
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! It's a tough road to do what you're doing, but you'll be so glad you started! In a short period of time you'll look back and say "Wow! It's been two years since I had a cigarette", or "It's been ten years!" and it will feel sooooo good!

Plus you'll save a lot of money!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    the no *kitten* caught my eye.... thats all
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I don't smoke, but I'm trying to give up Coca-Cola - may I join you anyway?

:smile:

Oh, I feel your pain!!!! The nectar of the Gods :drinker:

(I know, awful for me and I shouldn't drink it so don't bother telling us how bad it is please)
  • jannem16
    jannem16 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Best wishes to you. :smile: :tongue: :drinker:
  • cettefemme
    cettefemme Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A fanny is a...front bum in the UK, not a butt like it is in the US ;)

"TOPIC: Friends needed... diet and no *kitten* starting TODAY!!"

What is that supposed to mean???

Read the thread :P '*kitten*' is British slang for cigarettes. We don't really use it as a derogatory term for homosexuals over here.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Today is day 8 for me, dieting, upping the exercise and no *kitten*. I am using an e *kitten* and well, it is going okay, much better than I thought. Thankfully the weather is deteriorating and I cant smoke at work so no going and standing in the rain for me...

Feel free to add, I know I am going to need support along the way.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options

for ladies.....
  • cettefemme
    cettefemme Posts: 9 Member
    Options

for ladies.....

That's the one ;)
  • The_Gent_65
    Options
    Best wishes doll, those are two tough ones to conquer