Quest Bars

Options
Hi everyone, I just really started using myfitnesspal about three weeks ago and am really trying to diet and exercise on my own without going to one of those high protein places to loss the weight. I keep hearing about these "Quest Bars" Can someone tell me what there are and where to get them? Are they suppose to be used as a meal replacement or as a snack? Thanks!

Replies

• Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    They are awesome protein bars. You can get them at GNC or online.
  • danyleewell
    danyleewell Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Do you eat then as a meal replacement or snack?
  • talisamb
    talisamb Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I use them as snacks. The calorie ranges usually from 170-210 depending on the flavor. They are very high in protein and fiber
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I use them as snacks too. Love them!
  • lattarulol
    lattarulol Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I usually eat them in the morning before my 5:30 workout, then eat a smallish breakfast when I am done. I have found that I have more energy when I eat them vs when I don't. Yummy flavors so try them all to find the ones you like. Also try them cold and also warmed up in the microwave a bit (like 10 seconds or so).
  • justformel
    justformel Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I just found these at a Hy Vee grocery store if there are any around you. :happy:
  • Dr1nkbleachndye
    Dr1nkbleachndye Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Vitamin Shoppe has them as well as GNC which someone already posted, and you can find them online obviously.

I eat one every morning and essentially am using it as a meal replacement for breakfast. They are awesome. Chocoloate Chip Cookie Dough, Peanut Butter and Jelly, and Chocolate brownie are the best flavors I have tried, in that order.

Great Protein to Carb ratio, and they taste good
  • susieoj
    susieoj Posts: 181
    Options
    They're awesome, I love the new white chocolate raspberry, and the apple pie and the cookie dough the best:) so good and low net carb count too
  • The_Gent_65
    Options
    I eat about three a day, I love them. They taste good and the fiber count is incredibly helpful...
  • Punkin7411
    Punkin7411 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I will use this or similar bars late afternoon before I leave work to hold me until I can get home later in the evening and have my healthy dinner.
  • markheusser
    markheusser Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Best bars ever
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I have been eating them as breakfast too, I have tried almost all of them and think they are all edible but the cookie dough and chocolate peanut butter are my favs too. More flavor is you microwave it for 10 seconds before eating - no more though or it melts pretty bad :)
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have been out of them for weeks now and the withdrawal symptoms are finally going away. :laugh:

In all seriousness, they are awesome awesome protein bars. They would never be enough for me as a meal replacement but they are an excellent protein packed snack.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Chocolate Brownie, & Strawberry Cheesecake are my favs.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    They're incredibly expensive but delicious ($2+ a bar). I hate the lemon and the strawberry one. Apple pie is amazing.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    GNC has them. Normally buy 3 get one free. Also, you should look for coupons.

I'm not sure if this one works yet...:http://www.retailmenot.com/view/gnc.com#print.5089050
  • ruthrowlett1
    ruthrowlett1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    ABSOLTELY AWESOME!! Chocolate Chip cookie dough - YUMMMMM. I purchase from Amazon or directly from Quest. Buy a variety pack and find your favorite.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I usually eat them in the morning before my 5:30 workout, then eat a smallish breakfast when I am done. I have found that I have more energy when I eat them vs when I don't. Yummy flavors so try them all to find the ones you like. Also try them cold and also warmed up in the microwave a bit (like 10 seconds or so).

Me too! I eat this while making my kids' lunches, then I go upstairs to work out. About 2 hours later I have my "real" breakfast :)
  • Rief3
    Rief3 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I have them as a snack. I have to warm mine up for about 18sec.( make sure you take them out of the wrapper first though) otherwise the texture gets to me. They are an awesome source of protein for the calories.
    My favorites are: chocolate peanut butter, chocolate brownie, Chocolate Chip cookie dough, cinnamon roll and vanilla almond.
  • LisaR86
    LisaR86 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    LOVE the Quest bars! I usually have them for breakfast, they're pretty satisfying & stick with you..,GNC sell tons of them...I think you either like the texture or don't...Saw that someone warms in the microwave, sounds like a good idea. I tend to stick with the same flavors, choc chip cookie dough, choc brownie, cinnamon roll..Theres' a lot to choose from
  • cpsf73
    cpsf73 Posts: 27
    Options
    I love them! Mixed berry bliss is my favorite! I usually have them as a to-go lunch... I also eat them for breakfast when I'm running late.