Working Moms...

124»

Replies

• happylife2014
    happylife2014 Posts: 128 Member
    I wake up at 430AM Mon-Friday. I work out from 5-6AM. Make breakfast and put all pre packed lunches on the counter with ice packs. I wake my 3 kids (10,9 and 6) at 630. I go get showered/dressed/made up/ hair done while they get dressed and eat. I take them to school at 8. I work 9-6. I walk 0.75 miles on each of my 15 minute breaks (2) and I walk on my lunch hour for atleast a mile. I then go home and have dinner. I work out for another hour. The kids have already done HW with the babysitter and put themselves to bed. I also run a cake decorating business and usually have to work on orders 2-3 nights per week for a few hours. I then pack my and my bf's lunch for the next day...kids packed their own with the babysitter. I prep dinner for the next day so my bf just has to make the final prep for it when he gets home from work the next day (season meat, put in slow cooker, prep veggies etc....) I take a quick shower to get the sweat off me and then go to bed by 11/12 each night. so i make do with 4-5.5 hours of sleep. I know a lot can't do that but i do. and yes....i agree that i'm insane.

WOW!!!! This is amazing and inspiring!! I do about the same daily with 3 kids, except I don't get up at 5am like I should to work out, I don't sleep well at night so I try and squeeze it in at night, which doesn't always seem to work for me either as I'm much more busy at night.. This is just what I needed!!!! You rock!! Keep up the great job!!
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    My exercise routine is 3 x a week Zumba (m, tues, thurs) for an hour. Wed and Sunday, sometimes Friday my friend and I walk 3.1 miles on the local track. I work 8-5. Kids are 15 and 12. Zumba is great because it's during his football practice. However with little kids it's great too, because our class has a "babysitter" on site for $1! you really can't beat that. I think walking with a good stroller in tow is a good idea too. During football season I have a lot of "crockpot" meals planned to free up time! I only cook every other day and cook enough for leftovers on the days I don't cook. Typically on weeknights I'm in bed by no later than 10!
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    I am a mother to a 10 & 7 year old and wife to a husband that acts about the same age from time to time, I work full-time, part-time student, and coach a softball and basketball team. Our only free day is Saturday which leaves me to clean the house and do the house stuff UNLESS we have a tournament scheduled for that weekend. We have a home weight lifting set so I lift while the kids are either doing homework, my husband is cooking (he loves to cook :heart: ), or while they are outside playing. I normally walk on my lunch break at work for 30 minutes and I will get my cardio in while at my youngest's soccer practice. I also run with my softball/basketball girls. Luckily, I have children old enough and active enough that love to workout with me.
  • niricava
    niricava Posts: 89 Member
    This is something I need to make part of my schedule like you all are doing. Very inspiring! Thanks for the ideas on how to "fit it in". My daughter is 8 and has soccer practice twice a week. I'm thinking I should take that hour she works out and make myself work out too!
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    It's funny how certain things just fall into place. Where there's a will there's a way.

I am a single mom of 2 with 2 jobs. One full time, the other I do on my own time. I am not a morning person. Ever. I tried, but I notice that when I get up early I don't have the energy in the evenings to help my kids with home work or other activities. I am lucky enough to have a friend watch my kids at my house while I work my full time job. My oldest is 8 and she has time after school to do her homework and chores. My youngest is 3 (4 in 25 day *sigh*) and he is old enough to do simple tasks on his own. I am big on making my kids clean up after themselves and my daughter does chores like wiping down the bathroom with cloroz wipes and putting away the dishes. These things have helped clear up a ton of time for me! I can still get the house clean, but my focus isn't soley on keeping up with the house.
    Since my friend stays home with the kids, I am home by 5 and can quickly cook, or I use my crock often for meals. I also prep meals on Sunday's to make the load during the week easier.
    To work out, my daughter and I like to jog while my son tags along on his bike. We have to stop pretty often for him to catch up, but it's better than nothing. I also joined the Y becuase my daughter was getting interested in youth sports. They also have art classes just right for my son's age. They can take a class while I work out. I also take advantage of their family swim times. I take the kids to the pool and play with them. I also don't allow myself to feel guilt for wanting to go to the gym. I go every Wednesday for zumba with my best friend. This is not something I am willing to give up. After that I work around what the kids have going on.
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    I wake up at 430AM Mon-Friday. I work out from 5-6AM. Make breakfast and put all pre packed lunches on the counter with ice packs. I wake my 3 kids (10,9 and 6) at 630. I go get showered/dressed/made up/ hair done while they get dressed and eat. I take them to school at 8. I work 9-6. I walk 0.75 miles on each of my 15 minute breaks (2) and I walk on my lunch hour for atleast a mile. I then go home and have dinner. I work out for another hour. The kids have already done HW with the babysitter and put themselves to bed. I also run a cake decorating business and usually have to work on orders 2-3 nights per week for a few hours. I then pack my and my bf's lunch for the next day...kids packed their own with the babysitter. I prep dinner for the next day so my bf just has to make the final prep for it when he gets home from work the next day (season meat, put in slow cooker, prep veggies etc....) I take a quick shower to get the sweat off me and then go to bed by 11/12 each night. so i make do with 4-5.5 hours of sleep. I know a lot can't do that but i do. and yes....i agree that i'm insane.

WOW, I am tired just reading that!!!

lol, i am too but it's my reality. i honestly feel more tired and grumpy if i DON'T get the work outs in. since you're tired....take a nap for me lol
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member

WOW!!!! This is amazing and inspiring!! I do about the same daily with 3 kids, except I don't get up at 5am like I should to work out, I don't sleep well at night so I try and squeeze it in at night, which doesn't always seem to work for me either as I'm much more busy at night.. This is just what I needed!!!! You rock!! Keep up the great job!!

Thank you
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    I get up at 4:30 in the morning & go before the family wakes up
  • lauramblair
    lauramblair Posts: 74 Member
    I get up at 4:45 am and either go running or go to boot camp. I love my Saturdays when I get to sleep in and go at 7 am! :)
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    I am up and working out from 5:30-6:30 a.m., then from 6:30-7 I help my son get ready for school and either I or my husband runs him over to school. I pack my lunch, shower, check my schedule, and get any dinner prep (crockpot, defrost, etc.) taken care of and try and be on the road to work (9-5) by 8:40 a.m. I'm usually home by 5:30 and get dinner taken care of, laundry put in, etc. My son's comes home from soccer at around 7:30 p.m. and we eat then.

I'm a member of my company's gym but they have NO barbells or cages, so I bought a squat rack for home which I've been using for my heavy lifting sometimes in the evenings.

I need to be better about going to bed at 9 p.m., but there is always so much to do--including taking some time for myself.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    I have a toddler, a full time job, 2 hour a day commute 2, and work out 3-5 times a week.

1 time a week during lunch break.
    on weekends when DH watches the baby
    After baby goes to sleep. Sometimes I have to work out at 11pm, when there was no other option. I still do it.

Before, I had many excuses of why I was too busy and too tired and had no time.

Unfortunately, no matter how valid of how true your excuses are, you'll still be fat or out of shape.
This discussion has been closed.