How is the gov. shutdown affecting you specifically?

Replies

• jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    It's not
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    I can finally take a break from paying taxes for those on welfare that abuses it.:devil:
    No, Congress is still getting paid.
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    My first time home buyer loan is being delayed. Very frustrating.
  • SummerLovesPhil
    SummerLovesPhil Posts: 242 Member
    I'm having to tell a lot of mothers with hungry babies to go to the food banks for baby formula because we can't help them with WIC. This blows hairy monkey balls.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    I can finally take a break from paying taxes for those on welfare that abuses it.:devil:

Bwahahaha..... This is a TRUE statement! :grumble:
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    I'm a little worried that I'll have to dip into my savings if I don't get paid. (Air Force)
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    I can finally afford decent insurance thank God!
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    I'm having to tell a lot of mothers with hungry babies to go to the food banks for baby formula because we can't help them with WIC. This blows hairy monkey balls.

This is so sad and it is BS that WIC is under fire. Especially when they will take care of starving children OUTSIDE the US.
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    I am so sorry for your loss, and for your financial difficulties right now! I'm very blessed. So far the shut down has not affected us in any way.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member

This is something I can sympathize with being a recent first time homebuyer. I'm sorry. =/
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    I do not have a job right now; and I am sitting around arguing with people on twitter way to much!! I hate twitter..
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    It doesn't affect me at all. Except that is p*sses me off that we have a bunch of idiots in Congress with the schoolyard attitude that makes them want to disagree with each other over every thing.

Yes I agree and in my PERSONAL opinion, they should all be impeached starting at the top. But let's not get into that.

For doing their job?

Congressmen are supposed to represent the people that elected them. If they ran and won on a platform that says their constituents want them to represent their issues and it results in a standoff, then they are doing their job. If they are being told in letters and phone calls by their constituents that they need to stand their ground, then they need to do that.

It's not like the senate where they aren't necessarily there to listen to the voice of the people as much as represent what is best for the country as a whole.

I think the problem comes from the great schism in the general population that allows these clowns to get elected to congress in the first place. Rural vs. urban, and conservative vs. liberal see things too diametriccally opposed for the House to get anything done.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member

This is something I can sympathize with being a recent first time homebuyer. I'm sorry. =/

Luckily I'm a first time buyer with a conventional loan that was approved the day prior to the shut down.
  • jonsey_s
    jonsey_s Posts: 222
    Being in the UK, not at all.

Government shut-down.....things must be working :happy:
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    It hasn't affected me one iota.

This is not the first time, nor the second nor the fifth. Most of this (not all, granted) is media hype.
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Good friend is on furlough from work. As he says, "It's like a snow day, but instead of snow, it's bulls&*@."

I work in medical research and the sequester's hit us pretty hard. NIH has had to be much more restrictive with grant money- we've already lost a few people as a result. I'm hoping the sequester gets pushed back pretty soon so I can keep my job. However, I'm not a parent dependent on WIC to feed my kids, so I'm one of the very lucky ones.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member

Well played.

Well played, indeed.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    inb4:

"Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums "
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member

3rn76b.jpg
  • jonsey_s
    jonsey_s Posts: 222
    Sadly we all get the Government we deserve....