How much Do YOU workout ?

Options

Replies

• DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I lift weights M, W, and F. I usually run on Tuesday and Thursday. Most Saturdays I either run or weight lift depending on how I feel. Most Sundays are rest days but when I get restless I will take a long walk.
  • alwaysgreen17
    alwaysgreen17 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I typically have been working out 5x/week. I burn about 1400 calories on average/week. What I actually do in terms of exercise will depend on my mood...I don't have a "set" plan. I will walk, jog, take classes (zumba, turbo kick, body pump or yoga), Insanity, play tennis, hike, lift dumb bells etc....
  • jamienapolitano
    jamienapolitano Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    30-100 minutes cardio daily, bench press every other day and I do curls and lats on the opposing days 2x 4x8 ( don't know how long it takes but I rest 30-60 seconds between sets ) and I walk 1.6 miles daily
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Run 2-3x for 30-60 mins
    Strength 3-5x for 15-30 mins.
  • Getawayfromthecake
    Getawayfromthecake Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    12 hours a week, 6 days a week. I try to do two hours a day.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I do 30 minutes of strength training and 20-30 minutes of cardio 3 days a week. And the rest of the week it's about 30 minutes of cardio and some calisthenics
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    My god, the OP works out a lot.

I do about 45 minutes of weights three times a week, and about 30 minute cardio workouts on three of the other days. Sometimes sprinkle some yoga on it here or there.
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    30 cardio 6 days a week
    45-60 mins weights 6 days a week

1 rest day which I usually spend thinking about how I would like to be at the gym
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    That seems rather excessive.

I work out 5-6 days a week for 30-100 min.
    No , just dedication ..
    i prefer to eat less than work out more. But some people enjoy food or working out. I enjoy sleep. I am dedicated to sleep, so I am dedicated to eating less so I don't have to use my time working out quite as much.

its weird to me that people equate working out with the ability to eat more or less food. working out for me is just about getting stronger, faster etc...
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    5-6 times a week for 30-45 minutes.
  • dantanjah
    dantanjah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I do 60 minutes of cardio 6 days a week plus yoga on day 7 and I am just starting to add weight training 1 day per week for 20 minutes.
  • WinterfullyPINK
    Options
    I try to workout (walking 4.0 MPH) at least 45 minutes every day, and jogging about 10-15 minutes every day, and I also do both Modern and Tap dance styles for 45 minutes 2-3 times a week. I do crunches and pushups and wall sits when i feel like it, =)
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    In a week I usually do
    Spinning x 1
    Circuit training x 1
    Boxing circuit x 1
    Personal Training x 2 (Lifting and circuit training)
    Swimming x 1
    Walk/Run x 1

In a couple of weeks, I'm upping my swimming to twice a week and will do lifting twice a week.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    30ds 7days a week 2-4 times a day
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    30 min of cardio followed by 75-90 min. of lifting depending on if it's a squat day or if we get in early in the morning (more time if we work out first thing) 5x a week.

Sometimes if I have extra energy I'll throw in a vigorous dog walk of 3-4 miles or a run or a bike ride.
  • NinjaMaid
    NinjaMaid Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    6 days a week 50-120 minutes of cardio
    Strong class 3 days a week 30-50 minutes.
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    1.5 - 3 hours of rock climbing, 3 or 4 sessions per week. 1.5 hours of Wendler 5/3/1 lifting + cardio, 3 days per week. Usually some sort of bike ride (15-30 miles) or a run (5-7 miles), 1 day per week.

My sessions usually burn between 1000 and 2000 calories, depending on duration and intensity.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    That seems rather excessive.

I work out 5-6 days a week for 30-100 min.
    No , just dedication ..

Not really.... Want a cookie?
    Lol i guess "obssessed is just a word that lazy people use for 'dedicated' ."

Who said "obsessed" and yeah.... because I don't over train I'm totally lazy. Santana_rolling_her_eyes.gif
  • Caerful
    Caerful Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi

I do Zumba Gold 6 days out of 7 for at least 60 minutes. That's because I decided to teach it and I'm learning choreography and getting fitter. I'll be delivering classes soon and will probably do 120 minutes twice a week and 60 minutes 3 other days. I have a day off and another when I teach theatre improv, voice and singing and do lots of steps and walking.

Zumba Gold is medium intensity exercise with a short cardio section. This is working for me as my BP is low. I hope to get fitter and will put more exercise into the mix. I've been using my Fitbit One with MFP for 11 days.
  • Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    Options
    Mon-Wed-Fri, 90 minutes of weights, 30 minutes cardio. Tuesday, Thursday @ 90 minutes of cardio, Sat 60 minutes of cardio, Sunday rest. I also walk 15 km 5-6 days a week.