Sugar Cravings are Killing ME

Options
2»

Replies

• flashfangirl_102
    flashfangirl_102 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Im a dessert chef so im around the stuff all the time haha... i read that cinnamon on top of watermelon helps a lot, and i bought a bunch of dried fruit that ive been snacking on for the past few weeks. those protein balls sound amazing! Ive never really been a big meat eater and had anemia when i was younger. my dilemma really is trying to not eat the "bad sugars", found in chocolate bars and whatnot. Thanks so much for all the helpful posts! Given me a lot to think about
  • jamaica111
    jamaica111 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i find eating a piece of lindt 70% dark chocolate really works. i don't even eat a full square, it has become intense for me. just 1/2 of a square is satisfying. And it is creamy too.. really good quality dark chocolate.
    hope that helps
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    My sugar cravings are gone. My appetite has readjusted and I feel great. I'm doing the Fast 5 Life. Check it out online with a free reading of the summary of the program. You can also down load the whole book, its small, for free.
    Good luck
  • mag131
    mag131 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    ha so its like cold turkey for cookies instead of smokes! Thanks a lot everyone :) im not a hue meat eater, but how else can i get more protein into my diet?

I like to incorporate protein when I have sweet cravings. Some things I snack on are an apple with peanut butter, apple with cheese, cottage cheese mixed with a slice banana and cinnamon, protein shake with a tablespoon of peanut butter, raw almonds with berries, trailmix, protein balls, and protein bars(the lower the carbs the better).

Also, since I've been eating 1g of protein per pound of body weight a day my sweet cravings have diminished greatly. Try starting the day with eggs/egg whites and sausage..that keeps my hunger and cravings at bay all day. I'm a vegetarian so I have a Morningstar maple flavored veggie sausage..I highly recommend them!
  • Mikej77
    Mikej77 Posts: 112
    Options
    http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=XN-1110

Saves my wife and I more times then I can count
  • dbfiori
    Options
    Hang in there, after three to four days into your new eating plan you will go through withdraw hang in there after the fourth day yoiu should be smooth sailing.
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    When I crave sweets I eat an apple. Even though it seems like it won't help a chocolate craving, it actually does. Either that or I do some exercise like Walking with Leslie Sansone or just get out of the house and walk and get some fresh air. If I go cold turkey it takes a good 3 days to stop the cravings. Go take all your clothes off and stand in front of a full-length mirror. It will quell the cravings instantly, lol.

OMG this is GENIUS. :heart:

Edited to add: I also find that once the sugar is out of my system, I start craving fruit instead of candy and desserts. Hang in there, and try the "naked in the mirror reality check" - I can't help but think that it would work every dang time.
  • thelitas
    Options
    For me, I try to distract myself from the craving by doing something else. It doesn't have to be exercise or anything related to your goal of weight loss/getting fit, but if I say, start cleaning the house, I tend to forget about the craving and get more concerned about the activity I'm doing.

If I can't handle it and have to eat something, I don't buy in to the eating fruit nonsense. Fruit may be sweet, but for me, it's not going to kill the craving. What I make instead is a variation on the low carb ricotta cheese dessert in Phase 1 of South Beach- it's just a little bit of ricotta, a drop or two of vanilla, and a little bit of Splenda. It's more filling than yogurt, but it does have a slightly grainy texture, which I think makes it taste like vanilla bean ice cream.

There are so many variations to this dessert that you can make if you just search recipes.

Good luck!
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    also this is advice from Dr. Oz......he said to only ever take 3 bites of dessert

hah - Oz might want to rethink that one...he has no idea how big my mouth is or how big of a bite I can take! :yawn: I can probably down a whole cake in three bites :bigsmile:
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while give in, but make sure that it is a special treat. The other day I had two donuts (mmmm) but I won't indulge myself for another week or two.
This discussion has been closed.