Replies

• skinnydreams1997
    skinnydreams1997 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    i will have to make these somtime!
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I abhor dates... I mean, if there was a food put on this planet to piss me off, they are it. it's like rotten black chewing gum that's been stuck to my kid's shoe and run through the dirt for 6 years. I tried LaraBars, and seriously did the Tom Hanks spitting out the caviar thing from Big

10-moviecap-big.jpg

I'll just stick to my regular brownies, and not eat all 9 of them.

kthanksbye!

LOLs

I love you!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    People argue and belittle each over brownie recipes? Mind=blown :laugh:
    You must be new here; welcome to the internet. :p

On the contrary, I've been a member for years under different profile names, I'm just astounded by the moronic behaviour, it seems to have approached a whole new level of stupid.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    This recipe needs to be in the spotlight... Can 5 people just make these things and comment back. I know they're great. I dont have a title to my diet either, I just eat whatever the F I want to. These are good. Go make them.

ETA:
    When I drop F bombs in my endorsement you ought to do whatever the F I'm suggesting
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I make these all the time and love them! They are NOT low calorie or diet brownies or any of that nonsense. But I think they're healthier than brownies from a boxed mix. They are comparable in calories and sugar to box brownies, but there's healthy fat from the nuts, and lots of fiber from the dates. And the cocoa makes them really chocolately and rich.

I've also made them with almond four, if you prefer the taste of almonds over walnuts. Next time, I want to try macadamia nuts since I love those. BTW - you don't have to use Medjool dates. Those are very expensive and hard to find in my area. I just used regular Dole pitted dates I got at the grocery store, and they came out fine.

I was skeptical at first, too, until I tried them. They are easy to make and require no baking, so I don't have to suffer through heating up the kitchen in the summer by using the oven. Give them a try - you might be surprised.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    ya, I was skeptical too.. I was actually making them for someone else. Agreed, they're not low calorie, but, they are a good way to get your fats in. Great micronutrient profile as well.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I had been avoiding dates because I thought that there were too many calories in them. I'm in for a totally awesome date dessert.
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    lol are people really getting their panties in a twist over brownies? if they were special brownies they would prolly be even better!

i love using dates, i made something similar with dates, carob (can use semisweet chocolate or dark chocolate) chips and unsweetened coconut flakes. as bars they looked like turds so i rolled them into balls (they still looked like turds) but they tasted very similar to a samoa girl scout cookie without all the added processed stuff.

i think 3 ingredient brownies are awesome, and even if the calories are similar to a brownie mix at least it is better ingredients. glad you found a tasty recipe! i don't have any coco powder though so next time i am at the store i shall pick some up and give it a go!

thanks again for sharing
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    As long as they're not made with cyanide, why the hell do people care what others make their brownies out of?