Make-Up at the Gym?

Options

Replies

• liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I do not wear makeup at the gym and most of the women who seem to be there at the same time do not either. But there is one woman in the morning who wears full makeup, the cutest workout outfits, and neatest 2 long blonde braids laying just right - so you can see her diamond earrings..

It must take her at least an hour to get done up that way before the gym and I get there at 6AM. She lifts heavy weights then cardio for 20 minutes and just rocks. We all find ourselves watching her because it's very inspirational.
  • workitoutwoman
    Options
    I'm too busy minding my own business and getting my workout on to notice what others are doing.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I work out after work... I almost always have full makeup. And it stays completely put because Urban Decay is awesome.

I *have* seen the makeup girls before working out though. They are gym flies.... taking selfies and the whole nine yards, tittering after the boys. Not my style, except that they get in my way. >.<

IDGAF what you wear on your face, just PLEASE wear drawers.
    LOL now THAT I do NOT do...yoga pants and a t shirt.
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    She must have really great stay-put makeup, I'd be afraid I would look like the Joker after an intense workout.

THIS.

I'd assume she came from a work break or after work or already had it on.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Dude, who caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaares??????
  • TheRealBruceWayne
    TheRealBruceWayne Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    lol.. People who go to the gym to look and feel better should never question what someone else at the gym is doing that may them look or feel better..

Hypocrisy much.
  • cleogirl82
    cleogirl82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Why does anyone CARE what makeup others wear or do not wear to the gym?

Agreed! They're not hurting anyone. Just don't look.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I wear make- up every single day, and I work out in the evening so I'm in full makeup and hair at the gym.
    My makeup is all mineral with great staying power so it doesn't affect my skin or my workout. Personally I could t give a damn what you're wearing in the gym. I have more respect for the girl with the drawn on eyebrows working her *kitten* off than a non made-up girl giving it 50% effort.

Lets all stop being special snowflakes and judge people based on what they do, not how they look. B!tching about them makes you a lot more superficial than Miss Bootyshorts and Eyeliner.
  • SmileCozYouCan
    SmileCozYouCan Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I rarely wear makeup, and when I do, its only clear mascara. So I don't really worry about it.

Don't wear makeup when you workout then, xD Simple.
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    If you want to wear make-up, if you don't, or if you forgot about it - it's all okay. Just don't shame people for their choice.
  • Scotch_Bonnet
    Scotch_Bonnet Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well as a makeup artist, I have to wear a full face of makeup including lashes EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. So if I want to work out I'm not going to wash my face off just because I'm afraid of sweat. Makeup should never be an excuse not to workout . It's funny you brought this up because when I went to the gym after school today people were looking at me crazy but it's a good thing I don't care about anyone's negative opinions. And btw, makeup is not that bad at the gym as long as you have a proper cleansing and exfoliation routine.
  • xXxFallen_AngelxXx
    Options
    Well if she doesn't end up looking like a mess afterwards I guess it's fine. I personally wouldn't do it though. :happy: :smokin:
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again some of us go to the gym AFTER work, so we have our hair done, and makeup on. Don't judge us :sad:
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    And this impacts your workout how again?
  • flashfangirl_102
    flashfangirl_102 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey im not judging her i was just commenting on the fact she was a very good looking girl i was just curious as to why some people do it when ive heard it is so hard on the skin ! and like i said normally i dont really pay attention to people but she just stood out is all.... not trying to be negative but i guess it came out that way. sorry if i offended anyone :/
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Dude, who caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaares??????

You've been on MFP long enough to know that, apparently, a lot of people do.
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    If you want to wear make-up, if you don't, or if you forgot about it - it's all okay. Just don't shame people for their choice.

Yes! I agree with this.

To me, as the saying goes, "To each their own". If you don't like to wear make-up, that's your preference. Maybe some people don't like going out without it, because they are used to it. I never leave without some make-up on, even if it's just mascara, or simple eyeliner with it & lip gloss.. I definitely wouldn't put face powder on if I'm going to sweat, but I have natural red hair, so I have really light eyelashes. Therefore, I wear mascara to enhance my eyes & I fill my eyebrows in.. I've never had make-up running down my face from working out, lol, so I don't see the big deal.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Hey im not judging her i was just commenting on the fact she was a very good looking girl i was just curious as to why some people do it when ive heard it is so hard on the skin ! and like i said normally i dont really pay attention to people but she just stood out is all.... not trying to be negative but i guess it came out that way. sorry if i offended anyone :/

I think you are fairly new here? I wasn't offended, but a lot of us on here are a bit defensive when it seems that people are being judged when going to the gym. This is in large part due to the fact that we see many people posting about fears about being judged when going to the gym, and therefor avoid it. I, for one, am of the opinion that generally any time someone works out, it's a good thing. In makeup, in sparkly spandex, or in street clothes, it's all good. Yes, even prancercize lady. She is, afterall, moving her hiney :flowerforyou:
  • flashfangirl_102
    flashfangirl_102 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

I think you are fairly new here? I wasn't offended, but a lot of us on here are a bit defensive when it seems that people are being judged when going to the gym. This is in large part due to the fact that we see many people posting about fears about being judged when going to the gym, and therefor avoid it. I, for one, am of the opinion that generally any time someone works out, it's a good thing. In makeup, in sparkly spandex, or in street clothes, it's all good. Yes, even prancercize lady. She is, afterall, moving her hiney :flowerforyou:
    yes i am new, and now i feel badly >.< i have so many fears about myself i was judgmental. After reading so many different things and seeing people's progressions on other threads, you're right, at least shes doing her best!
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

yes i am new, and now i feel badly >.< i have so many fears about myself i was judgmental. After reading so many different things and seeing people's progressions on other threads, you're right, at least shes doing her best!

Don't feel bad, it's all good :bigsmile:

I LOVE the prancercize lady, she is so awesome!