More Things people do on the treadmill that bug you..

Options
13»

Replies

• mrsslls
    mrsslls Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    zuEkq.gif
    [/quote]

Ooooo. Gott try that one!
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    1. there is a whole section of 35 treadmills at my gym, 95% of the time less then 50% are taken, that means you DONT need to get on the one right next to me
    2. if you are next to me you have no reason to look at my treadmill to see what speed or incline im on.
    3. Bro dont try to talk to me, im here to run my *kitten* into shape, my mouth doesnt need a workout.
    4. wipe down your machine when you're done,. its nasty to touch a screen before you realize someone elses sweat is all over it
    5. dont talk on your phone, do that **** outside.
    6. there is no reason to stand behind me. NO reason, and dont pretend you're looking for freakin birds, you were looking at my bum and we both know it.
    7. when someone is on the one i always use (in the corner of 2 large open windows looking out at the hills) but thats more about poor timing then the actual person that is using it.
    8. when someone gets off, wipes down, takes their stuff, walks away.. then someone gets on it and the person comes back and says "hey uh im still using that" like no you freaking werent if you were you would have left your stuff.
    9. how the tvs in front are always on news or sports. like not everyone likes to run to captions of news and sports.
    10. dont talk to me about my "running form" ive been doing it this way for sometime and i dont need help from someone who isnt trained to help me.

and yeah lots of things bother me that people at my gym do. but really its just cause im *****y, and whiny. :) but at least i can admit it
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    treadmill-dancer-guy_thumb.gif?resize=560%2C315

LOVING this guy! I wish he worked out at my gym. Lol.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    I do not understand what is weird about running on a treadmill.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    I actually saw a guy skipping on the treadmill at my gym. It was funny. I guess he was trying to make his workout less boring, and I welcomed the entertainment.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I think it's kind of crappy to judge people who are walking OR running on treadmills.
    I completely understand behavior pet peeves, like talking on the phone, but being bothered by walking? Seriously?

Maybe for those like me, who have never been "runners", EVER, need to alternate between walking and jogging to *build up* to running.

I don't give a crap what people think of me if I'm walking on a treadmill, or when I run (for ridiculously short periods of time).
    At least I'm moving my *kitten*. That's all that matters.

Well said!
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    1) I walk in the treadmill. I don't run or jog, anywhere.
    2) I will walk sometimes at a high incline and/or change speed and I do hold down to the sides; not to make it easier to exercise, but to make it harder to fall down.
    3) I will take the treadmill that I prefer, specially if is under the ceiling fan, and if somebody doesn't like it TS. I don't chat when I am working out.
    4) Cell phones are not allowed at my gym. If you get a call, better step down and go to the lobby area. If you don't, I will tell you the rules or call the monitor and have you "gently" removed.
    5) I go to the gym to workout, not to get annoyed by what other members do in the facility, as long as they are working out. If they are just sitting down, talking, and not using equipment that I need, I will politely ask you if "you are done," or call the monitor (see #4).

Lmao@ have you gently removed!
  • kaylarunshappy
    Options
    Well, I disagree. I think treadmills are for both running and walking. What I find really awful is how some people are so rude sharing their thoughts. We are all grown ups, we should be able to politely disagree.

^^^^^
  • flashfangirl_102
    flashfangirl_102 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It's been a while since I've been to the gym, but I don't think there was anything that actually 'bugged' me, though I did used to wonder about the people who could read while on the treadmill. I just couldn't understand how they pulled it off.

As for the OP, I actually understand completely unexplainable irritations.
    i once tried to study for a law exam at university while being on a treadmill, fell, and twisted my ankle.... never went back D:
  • melting_glass
    melting_glass Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Guy 1: "BRAH! DID YOU SEE THE F*CKIN GAME LAST NIGHT?? DO YOU BELIEVE THAT *kitten*?!"
    Guy 2: "YEA YEA OH MANNNNN WTF HAPPENED BRAH!! .. ONE SEC ONE SEC *pics up phone* HEY BABEEEE WHATS UP .. YEA IM AT THE GYM YEA YEA I KNOW YEA NAH IM JUST GETTING PUMPED UP FOR YOU BABE HAHA YEA OK YEA HAHAHAHA YEA"
    Guy 1: AHHHH HAHA
    Guy 2: AA!
    Guy 1: RAA! HAHA

or wearing a ton of cologne/perfume.

Stop it.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    treadmill-dancer-guy_thumb.gif?resize=560%2C315

Someone I work with tried this on the TrekDesk at work. It did not end well.
  • phurst00
    phurst00 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Why would you need to go to the gym and get on a treadmill just to walk? Go walk at the mall, its free, it smells better, and you won't occupy equipment that other people need to use for running.

Wow, judgmental much? I personally like to stretch, then walk the treadmill for a bit to help me warmup. I do it at a decent rate and at an incline. Treadmills are NOT just made for running!
  • joecmoore1
    joecmoore1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I get irritated because there is no room for both my beer and my cigarette in the cup holder! :P
  • HeadsPoppingOutOfCups
    Options

Why would you need to go to the gym and get on a treadmill just to walk? Go walk at the mall, its free, it smells better, and you won't occupy equipment that other people need to use for running.

Wow, judgmental much? I personally like to stretch, then walk the treadmill for a bit to help me warmup. I do it at a decent rate and at an incline. Treadmills are NOT just made for running!

Also, what kind of empty malls do you have nearby? The mall here drives me crazy trying to get pass crowds of teenagers nearly stopped in the middle of the walkways and strollers cluttering up everything. Honestly, last time I went to the mall I didn't even end up going to the store I came for because it was so effing crowded I got pissed off and left. This was only about two weeks ago, so no, not Christmas time or anything like that.

And the "outside" thing? It was 94 degrees here today, in October...
  • jennyc1270
    jennyc1270 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'll admit it.....

I am one of those people that will get on the treadmill next to you if it is one of the few with the air conditioner vent or fan above it. Sorry. I like the cool air. I have also been known to talk on the phone. Unfortunately my job requires me to be on call 24/7/365 and I refuse to let it get in the way of my work-out. Fortunately the calls usually are short.

Seeing that dude dancing on the treadmill makes me sad because it reminds of of an old guy with way too much cologne that fell off one next to me and broke his femur.