why do men cheat?

Options
Honest answers please.

If your woman cheated on you would you stay or let her go?

I feel sometimes society expects us women to deal with cheating men because hey..they are men. My opinion, but I am curious to see others opinions!

Added:

I am completely aware that BOTH mean and women cheat probably equally.. I don't know the factual numbers. I am asking b/c I just see it so often with friends and family and all I am hearing is that "well all men will cheat anyways so may as well stay.: Do I think this is true? probably not.. but I just wanted to hear a man's point of view. Do all men cheat? is this a lie or the truth? What makes them go for it? are they the same reasons women cheat or can men do it b/c hey, they are men (like some put it) this post is NOT to offend or make sexist views I am just wanting to know. this is a chit chat forum and I am very well welcome to post my question so please be respectful b/c I am respectful to you! Thanks

Replies

• suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    men cheat for the same reason that women cheat. Boredom in a relationship, lack of trust, lack of interest, a crazy urge, etc.

Maybe some hot young thing of the opposite (or same?) gender crossed their path.

Part of feminism is saying that men and women are equal. Not the feminazi view that women are better than men. By creating this thread implying only men cheat (which is incredibly incorrect, like oh my gosh) you fall into the feminazi category. Cool.

And nobody expects women to accept cheating men - do you remember the big Weiner thing (heh), when everybody was looking to see how his wife would react when he was running for NYC mayor? Everybody expected her to ditch his *kitten*.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    in for the answers.......

but cheating is not limited to men.....just sayn'
  • cheegerz
    cheegerz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Uhh, I would guess that men are no more likely to cheat than women. It's not a gender-specific attribute. Just a ****ty person attribute. I know far more women who have cheated than men. I'd say it's pretty equal. And as far as the "why"... there are too many reasons but no real GOOD reason. I've always subscribed to the idea that if you're unhappy in your relationship, do yourself and the other person the courtesy of ending it before you go out and hook up with someone else. Unless you're one of those people who likes to "have their cake and eat it too", in which case, you're a pretty low person and there's really no hope for you.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Don't even start--seriously. Cheating is not limited to men. Women cheat too.

What's with the sexist posts lately? :grumble:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    In for the lolz...

Men and women BOTH cheat equally.
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    If only people had the decency to end the relationship before cheating hey lol.

Both sexes cheat it's just something that happens and if it's going to happen then it will happen. Not sure I could forgive and forget after being cheated on once before in fact it emotionally wrecked me when my ex slept with my so called best mate. I turned into a right idiot due to it, Tried to forgive her but could not forget and it eats away at you with questions about what happened and jealousy and other things. Relationship ended not long after.

Really don't want to go through that again.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
  • Smudge_
    Smudge_ Posts: 17
    Options
    sloots gon sloot
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Sexism aside, I think it has a lot to do with insecurity, thinking the grass is greener on the other side, immaturity, control, stupidity, etc. I will not stay with someone who cheats.
  • kon_e3
    kon_e3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    In to quote The Weeknd "She might have been the one, I let it go for a little fun"
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    In for the lolz...

from what i read men cheat more...

from an evolutionary point it makes sense.

heres an example

https://webspace.utexas.edu/pe2929/Eastwick/TidwellPSPB.pdf
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    In for the lolz...

heres an example

Men are caught more. :laugh:
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    In for the lolz...

heres an example

mabye but they also attempt and want to cheat more.
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    People cheat because hey have a lack of respect for themselves and the person they are with. If you respected yourself you would never lie on such a grand scale.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    In for the lolz...

heres an example

what rubbish
  • BrandNewFabulousMe
    Options
    men cheat for the same reason that women cheat. Boredom in a relationship, lack of trust, lack of interest, a crazy urge, etc.

Maybe some hot young thing of the opposite (or same?) gender crossed their path.

Part of feminism is saying that men and women are equal. Not the feminazi view that women are better than men. By creating this thread implying only men cheat (which is incredibly incorrect, like oh my gosh) you fall into the feminazi category. Cool.

And nobody expects women to accept cheating men - do you remember the big Weiner thing (heh), when everybody was looking to see how his wife would react when he was running for NYC mayor? Everybody expected her to ditch his *kitten*.

I disagree. Yes women do cheat and often im sure but never once did I say women were better than men. Im speaking of a personal matter. My family member married for 11 years found out her husband cheated. Friends and other family told her to fight for her marriage and stay bc no matter what they say most men will cheat anyway. I just wanted to know a few male perspectives. Thanks anyways tho!
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    People cheat because they want to , they think about it ... then do it. More often than not they aren't bothered about being caught and some believe it's something that should be forgiven

If people cheat with you... they'll cheat on you and more often than not... once a cheater always a cheater
  • BrandNewFabulousMe
    Options
    Sexism aside, I think it has a lot to do with insecurity, thinking the grass is greener on the other side, immaturity, control, stupidity, etc. I will not stay with someone who cheats.

Thank you. I understand that both sexes cheat probably equally I'm just wanting other opinions. I'm just curious to know and you answered with an answer point blank. thanks
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    In for the lolz...

heres an example

what rubbish

dont be daft...read the report.