Worst Halloween Candy

Options
13»

Replies

• laura11248
    laura11248 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    In the past I too have bought candy I do not care for...nerds...laffy taffy...etc. I was thinking this year I would have cold bottles of water. The trick-or-treaters get very thirsty after trick or treating and munching down some of their candy.

Funny as I was typing this, my 8 year old said..."What...water...I don't think I will come to our house!" I may need to re-think this! lol
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I love halloween, and I love peanut butter pumpkins...However I will not eat a million of them lol. I go out with the kids and leave huge bowl sitting on my porch. I let my oldest one pick out a gallon size bag of candy once she gets home, and that it what she gets to eat on. The little one I have to go through myself and pick out what she can have..The rest I donate to the oldest ones cheerleading group to throw during the xmas parade, take some to work and leave it in the break room and donate some in those food boxes for food banks :P....
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Great article!!! I let my kids pick out their favorites and then we send the rest of the candy w/ my hubby to work on November 1st. I don't keep it in the house for an extra day! :wink:
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Better way to survive Halloween: Don't buy candy. Buy pencils, stickers, and play doh to hand out instead!

Oh gosh, well all know candy has no nutritional value but I refuse to be the miser who hands out pencils and stickers. My kids rarely get candy throughout the year and Halloween is one day I'm gonna allow them that treat. Mind you, they do get a lot so it's my job to limit the quantity.... Still, pencils and stickers? If I were 8 again, that'd make me cry.
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options

I give the candy a day or two then take it to the school and foist it off on the teachers :D

Boo to that! I'm a teacher so your candy is the stuff I'm trying to avoid! :laugh: And really, no pun intended with the boo! haha
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    You can also donate any leftover/extra candy --several charities will take them.

There is also a program that dentists are participating in all over the country where they will give $1 to $5 per pound of candy that is brought in--so you can get cash for your candy!! Just check your area to see what days and dentists are participating.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I loved stickers & play doh as a kid. I would've flipped if I got them. Give the candy to mom, I'm playing with my play doh!

then again my mom made me stop trick or treating when I was 10, and do candy duty every year thereafter, so I got to be a little bitter over the years, but I'd still have a blast with pay doh & stickers!