Ode to Boobs

Options
13»

Replies

• Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Theres your problem! "Chest days" makes them smaller! You cant shape fat, which is what most boobs are.
    I lost all my boobs back when i lost alot of weight, boob job to the rescue!

So lifting heavy weights using my chest is making them smaller? Hmm

the argument can be made that the body selectively burns fat that is closest to the heart initially as a survival mechanism(protect the heart right?). This is just one of the reasons(hormone types being another major factor) that men tend to lose bellyfat(or android fat) faster than women can lose gynoid fat(think, hips, *kitten*, triceps etc)..... it is the distal relationship to the heart.

So sadly, yes, getting leaner will MOST LIKELY make your boobs shrink rapidly.
  • LaserOctopus
    LaserOctopus Posts: 121 Member
    Options

the argument can be made that the body selectively burns fat that is closest to the heart initially as a survival mechanism(protect the heart right?). This is just one of the reasons(hormone types being another major factor) that men tend to lose bellyfat(or android fat) faster than women can lose gynoid fat(think, hips, *kitten*, triceps etc)..... it is the distal relationship to the heart.

Interesting... this would explain why, even though I've shrunk a bit all around, I've lost the most fat across my shoulders and right under my boobs. It would also make it theoretically possible to drop a cup size or two (I'm already down in band size, that whole right-under-the-boobs thing), which pleases me.
  • wiscck
    wiscck Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I've always had big boobs, even when I was skinny, so mine aren't shrinking. I do have to keep buying new bras, though, because the rest of my torso is shrinking. I went from a 42DDD to a 38G. I'm getting smaller but my boobs aren't, and that means bras are getting more expensive and harder to find. *sigh*
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    My wife complained about losing her boobs so much I went out and bought her new ones to shut her up. LOL
    Did she then complain that you only thought of her as a set of boobs?

. . . I might be a little bitter. :grumble:
  • lebaker310
    lebaker310 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Theres your problem! "Chest days" makes them smaller! You cant shape fat, which is what most boobs are.
    I lost all my boobs back when i lost alot of weight, boob job to the rescue!

So lifting heavy weights using my chest is making them smaller? Hmm

I was asking if i get leaner, im asking specifically working my chest once a week. The poster said my problem is "chest days". So if I would have still lifted weights and did cardio, but not lifted weights on my chest they wouldnt have rapidly shrunk?
  • LaserOctopus
    LaserOctopus Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've always had big boobs, even when I was skinny, so mine aren't shrinking. I do have to keep buying new bras, though, because the rest of my torso is shrinking. I went from a 42DDD to a 38G. I'm getting smaller but my boobs aren't, and that means bras are getting more expensive and harder to find. *sigh*

This is what I fear will happen to me. Well, maybe not *fear* per se, so much as a figure of speech. Perhaps 'expect tinged with some fatalism' would be the more precise phrase... but yah. I don't expect I will ever drop below my skinny-phase DD size, even if I wanted to. Which, yes, means if I drop below my skinniest 34 band size, that cup size will go right back up, since the whole cup/band ratio is like that.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I pray the opposite to this everyday.

PLEASE GO AWAY ENORMOUS BOOBAGE. I DO NOT LIKE TO TIP OVER FROM BEING TOP HEAVY. AMEN.
  • N0lanator
    Options
    I'm only 34 B which sucks. :( I better not lose it or I will go mental.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    I pray the opposite to this everyday.

PLEASE GO AWAY ENORMOUS BOOBAGE. I DO NOT LIKE TO TIP OVER FROM BEING TOP HEAVY. AMEN.

I will be your support and keep you from tipping. Also amen.
  • wertgirlfor
    wertgirlfor Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I only like to buy VS bras, because I know their sizing and they're good quality. It sucks though, because I always lose weight in my top part first, so if I lose/gain any weight, the bras I have stop fitting well. I definitely need to go down a band size at least but I'll probably hang out to my old ones in case I gain 2 pounds in my boobs randomly xP
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    @quietbloom: I work with a plastic surgeon whose motto is "ridding the world of small breasts one pair at a time."

I love the guy, and he does great work. Ive sat in on a few of the surgeries...pretty amazing art those guys do.

Yes, it is an art form! And I do consider my surgeon to be quite artistic, no kidding. He is amazing.