5 Weeks into Strong Lifts and No Results!

Options

Replies

• BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    5 weeks just isn't a long time. Look at all the lifting success stories - the vast majority went months before seeing "miraculous" results. Take regular measurements to assess progress but give it time.

BTW I looked back to see why you are getting the "." responses. It's childish as Burro says but you should probably do a bit of self reflection yourself.

Patience is the key

Patience!!! I've been waiting since the day my son was born! 22 months ago!!! But i know, i really know that patience is needed...it's hard but it is needed.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Strong Lifts and because I've been doing it fairly consistently for the past 4+ months, I've gone from barely surviving a 5K "girly" mud run in July to completing an 11 MILE, British-special-forces-designed, muddy obstacle course yesterday. I still can't run worth a damn, but the obstacles were MUCH easier.

Either you're doing it wrong, or you're trolling....

edit: and I'm no where near ideal weight, so if I can do it......
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Strong Lifts and because I've been doing it fairly consistently for the past 4+ months, I've gone from barely surviving a 5K "girly" mud run in July to completing an 11 MILE, British-special-forces-designed, muddy obstacle course yesterday. I still can't run worth a damn, but the obstacles were MUCH easier.

Either you're doing it wrong, or you're trolling....

Neither. I just figured out i am progressing! A nice lady pointed it out to me in a PM. I am lifting heavier weights - progress! I am having less fluctuations in weight - progress!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I have taken the advice from people on here. Advice that i got from asking many many questions and sometimes more than once. I've done this consistantly for 5 weeks. Yes my cals are up and down the past week - ever hear of calorie cycling???? Im still at a deficit people!

And ya Lorina! Thanks for that post! I do realize i got some results! I AM lifting heavier weights now! But the results im looking for is a flat belly and fat reduction so my *kitten* and thighs aren't so flabby. I havn't seen any results there. But again (on the bright side!) I am lifting heavier. Thanks for the post....

Everyone else going on about my history and stuff. LOL. "shakes head"

I'm sick and bored, so I'll bite.

1) How much weight are you moving in each of the lifts? How much were you moving 5 weeks ago? I started with 45lbs and now im 120lb deadlifts, 65lb squats - had to deload - no squat rack & i do front bars so its really hard to lift the weight off the floor and up to my shoulders. Bench press is 60lbs on a machine - i don't have a bench so... and OHP is 50lbs.

2) What is your weight right now? What was your weight 5 weeks ago? My weight now is 150lbs, 5 weeks ago 150-155lb depending on what time of day.

3) What is your average calorie intake over the past 5 weeks? prob 1700cals a day. I usually calorie cycle though. have really low days, moderate and like 1 high day.

4) Describe your routine, in detail, including off days, cardio, and general daily activity level.
    M W F STrong Lifts, Badminton Tuesday night, walk, jog or elipitical once a week. Office job with few hours waitressing on side.

Right. What about questions 1-3? Do you actually want help or not?
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I have taken the advice from people on here. Advice that i got from asking many many questions and sometimes more than once. I've done this consistantly for 5 weeks. Yes my cals are up and down the past week - ever hear of calorie cycling???? Im still at a deficit people!

And ya Lorina! Thanks for that post! I do realize i got some results! I AM lifting heavier weights now! But the results im looking for is a flat belly and fat reduction so my *kitten* and thighs aren't so flabby. I havn't seen any results there. But again (on the bright side!) I am lifting heavier. Thanks for the post....

1) How much weight are you moving in each of the lifts? How much were you moving 5 weeks ago? I started with 45lbs and now im 120lb deadlifts, 65lb squats - had to deload - no squat rack & i do front bars so its really hard to lift the weight off the floor and up to my shoulders. Bench press is 60lbs on a machine - i don't have a bench so... and OHP is 50lbs.

2) What is your weight right now? What was your weight 5 weeks ago? My weight now is 150lbs, 5 weeks ago 150-155lb depending on what time of day.

3) What is your average calorie intake over the past 5 weeks? prob 1700cals a day. I usually calorie cycle though. have really low days, moderate and like 1 high day.

4) Describe your routine, in detail, including off days, cardio, and general daily activity level.
    M W F STrong Lifts, Badminton Tuesday night, walk, jog or elipitical once a week. Office job with few hours waitressing on side.

Right. What about questions 1-3? Do you actually want help or not?

she answered in your quotes. I also had to do a double take.
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Serious question...why are there some many blank (edited) responses? DOes OP do that or is everyone editing/deleting their own responses
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
  • jonnythan
    Options

Ah I see the answers now. Thanks for the tips guys.

So you're progressing on the weight you're lifting. That's progress. That's the entire point of Stronglifts.

As for weight, "150-155" is quite the range. Given the info you post here, it's impossible to know if you've actually lost weight or not. If you have lost weight, then keep eating as you are. If you are not losing weight, drop the calorie intake. But you need to know what your actual weight over time and actual intake over time are in order to adjust properly.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Serious question...why are there some many blank (edited) responses? DOes OP do that or is everyone editing/deleting their own responses

My guess is because OP wasn't receiving any replies to her questions, so someone bumped it with a "." to bring it back to the recent forum topics list...

...and then others followed...

...but that's just my best guess.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    black_dot.gif
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Oh, I see... that's quite a few ppl invested in bumping this thread. lol. thanks. :)
  • theredfro
    theredfro Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    More likely people are taking the piss.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Oh, I see... that's quite a few ppl invested in bumping this thread. lol. thanks. :)

The first one, that is...

...and then from there, well, we MFPers are an easily impressionable lot.

:smile:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I'd put my money on peer pressure.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

I'd put my money on peer pressure.

Wasn't the case for my "." post...

...I was offered $5 to do it.

(Wish I had that kind of money to throw around influencing others to do my bidding...but I don't, so I'll gladly take someone else's $$$.)
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    ...i cant
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Friend of mine has a great suggestion: hire an actual trainer. And once you do, pay him or her absolutely whatever they ask for, because I guarantee you they will be earning it.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Friend of mine has a great suggestion: hire an actual trainer. And once you do, pay him or her absolutely whatever they ask for, because I guarantee you they will be earning it.

:laugh: It's funny because it's true!
  • FatNorm2713
    Options
    Sometimes it just takes longer, each person is different. Hang in there and the results will show! I know, I have been lifting for a long time and finally with some weight loss I have some muscle definition starting to show. So be patient, keep working and soon you will see your hard work pay off!