5 Weeks into Strong Lifts and No Results!

Options

Replies

• vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Friend of mine has a great suggestion: hire an actual trainer. And once you do, pay him or her absolutely whatever they ask for, because I guarantee you they will be earning it.

Oh I totally agree ^^
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I saw when you posted this before. You are doing something wrong. I won't bother trying to explain.

But, incidentally, I think you're very attractive.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you should give BeachBody a try. They have a bunch of exercise videos and coaches that will probably work with you on your eating too. They also have forums you can ask questions on :flowerforyou:
  • theredfro
    theredfro Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This thread is weird, man.
  • VixenInTraining
    Options
    160wx8k.jpg
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I have taken the advice from people on here. Advice that i got from asking many many questions and sometimes more than once. I've done this consistantly for 5 weeks. Yes my cals are up and down the past week - ever hear of calorie cycling???? Im still at a deficit people!

And ya Lorina! Thanks for that post! I do realize i got some results! I AM lifting heavier weights now! But the results im looking for is a flat belly and fat reduction so my *kitten* and thighs aren't so flabby. I havn't seen any results there. But again (on the bright side!) I am lifting heavier. Thanks for the post....

Everyone else going on about my history and stuff. LOL. "shakes head"

Ok, now that we understand the results you are looking for, 5 weeks is probably too soon to have a rock hard *kitten*, 6 pack abs and perfect thighs.

These are the results I've wanted two. I also have not obtained them by being inconsistent with my eating and training. Going on 2 years now, not just 5 weeks. I am not surprised I have not obtained them.

CONSISTENCY AND PATIENCE.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I noticed you said you're trying to lose weight after your first pregnancy.

Did your body change very rapidly in five weeks? Did your breasts sprout to their full increase, did your hips expand dramatically, and did your stomach cause you to only wear maternity pants in the first five weeks?

No? It took longer?

Growing a baby takes less concerted effort from you than lifting weights for six pack abs and a tight butt does. Five weeks and showing strength? You're progressing.

Come back in another nine months and see if you've actually not had any "results" (remember--increase in strength IS a result, and lowered bf% often comes from your body needing to repair and maintain LBM). But make sure you're actually monitoring your food, actually practicing proper form, and increasing resistance to your body.
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Serious question...why are there some many blank (edited) responses? DOes OP do that or is everyone editing/deleting their own responses

My guess is because OP wasn't receiving any replies to her questions, so someone bumped it with a "." to bring it back to the recent forum topics list...

...and then others followed...

...but that's just my best guess.

The "." is because OP has apparently run this subject into the ground and not followed any advice and people are tiring of answering the same thing over and over. At least this is what I get from it (i've read the whole thread to this point)
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    160wx8k.jpg
    :laugh:
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Friend of mine has a great suggestion: hire an actual trainer. And once you do, pay him or her absolutely whatever they ask for, because I guarantee you they will be earning it.

Yep. OP should really be paying someone to go in circles with her.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    nvrmnd.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    This thread is weird, man.

Yep!

OP, 5 weeks isnt long enough... fat loss when you are already as a healthy weight is sloooooow... its vanity fat you are wanting to get rid of.... take monthly pictures for comparrison and just keep at it!
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I have taken the advice from people on here. Advice that i got from asking many many questions and sometimes more than once. I've done this consistantly for 5 weeks. Yes my cals are up and down the past week - ever hear of calorie cycling???? Im still at a deficit people!

And ya Lorina! Thanks for that post! I do realize i got some results! I AM lifting heavier weights now! But the results im looking for is a flat belly and fat reduction so my *kitten* and thighs aren't so flabby. I havn't seen any results there. But again (on the bright side!) I am lifting heavier. Thanks for the post....

Everyone else going on about my history and stuff. LOL. "shakes head"

I'm sick and bored, so I'll bite.

1) How much weight are you moving in each of the lifts? How much were you moving 5 weeks ago? I started with 45lbs and now im 120lb deadlifts, 65lb squats - had to deload - no squat rack & i do front bars so its really hard to lift the weight off the floor and up to my shoulders. Bench press is 60lbs on a machine - i don't have a bench so... and OHP is 50lbs.

2) What is your weight right now? What was your weight 5 weeks ago? My weight now is 150lbs, 5 weeks ago 150-155lb depending on what time of day.

3) What is your average calorie intake over the past 5 weeks? prob 1700cals a day. I usually calorie cycle though. have really low days, moderate and like 1 high day.

4) Describe your routine, in detail, including off days, cardio, and general daily activity level.
    M W F STrong Lifts, Badminton Tuesday night, walk, jog or elipitical once a week. Office job with few hours waitressing on side.

Right. What about questions 1-3? Do you actually want help or not?
    LOL, the answers were written in right after the question. It was only answer #4 that got "misplaced" out of the quoted area.... Just look a little closer.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    I don't give a hoot who is sick and tired of my questions and i DID take the advice from the people after all the questions. I took the advice and have been DOING it for the last 5 weeks. And I AM consistent with lifting and I AM consistent with my eating - how consistent can u be while calorie cycling???

Anyways, since I took the advice and followed it for 5 weeks I really thought I would see something more but now ive figured out that getting stronger is really progress then this is gonna be what keeps me going "ya! I got stronger in the last 5 weeks" "Im gonna keep going to see if fat loss will happen cuz that's all i really want...."
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    chasing_tail_cat.gif
  • sapphireblue11
    Options
    Are you getting enough protein daily? You can find protein calculators online. Here's a link for one: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/caltp.htm (copy, paste in your browser). I think you'll be surprise by how much protein you need to build and define muscle mass. Muscle can only be built with protein.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    Are you getting enough protein daily? You can find protein calculators online. Here's a link for one: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/caltp.htm (copy, paste in your browser). I think you'll be surprise by how much protein you need to build and define muscle mass. Muscle can only be built with protein.

I used the calculator u suggested and it worked out to 102g protein. I usually eat a little more than that per day so im good. thanks!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I don't give a hoot who is sick and tired of my questions and i DID take the advice from the people after all the questions. I took the advice and have been DOING it for the last 5 weeks. And I AM consistent with lifting and I AM consistent with my eating - how consistent can u be while calorie cycling???

Anyways, since I took the advice and followed it for 5 weeks I really thought I would see something more but now ive figured out that getting stronger is really progress then this is gonna be what keeps me going "ya! I got stronger in the last 5 weeks" "Im gonna keep going to see if fat loss will happen cuz that's all i really want...."

It was about 3 months before I noticed any change in the way my body looked. And even then, there were only very, very small changes.

Why are you calorie cycling?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    haven't seen any mention of change in measurements? It's highly likely that despite being the same weigh (ish) you will actually get smaller if you are eating around maintenance (or small deficit) and lifting heavy as a beginner.

Just a reminder, if you are losing weight you are in deficit. If you are maintaining weight, you are at maintenance. If you are gaining weight, you are in surplus. Objectively look at your logging for the last 5 weeks and see where you need to adjust if you wish to lose weight. (eat less or move more)