hips but bottom heavy? Pear hourglass rectangle?

Options
I'm wondering what of you have narrow hips and a big butt your measurements are 31-23-33 with 33" shoulders is it an hourglass rectangle or pear? What shape would that be considered?

Replies

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1084228-how-do-i-know-if-i-have-wide-hips-or-not

did you not get the answer in these six pages?

Also this is not a success story :noway:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1084228-how-do-i-know-if-i-have-wide-hips-or-not

did you not get the answer in these six pages?

Also this is not a success story :noway:
    ^this:angry:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    And for the 300th time...

RECTANGLE
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

RECTANGLE

^^^^^
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Octagon.
  • Ideal362433
    Options

RECTANGLE

Even though her hips are 10 inches wider than her waist.

Sorry it's short. I meant to mention the woman I am talking about used to be 175 lbs. now she's 91-94 lbs.

Her measurements used to be 30-22-32 before her weight gain to begin with.
  • Ideal362433
    Options
    All sites I've looked on say if your hips are 10 inches bigger than your waist then you're not a rectangle shape.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    All sites I've looked on say if your hips are 10 inches bigger than your waist then you're not a rectangle shape.

Why does it even matter? It's not like we win a special prize for being a pear, hourglass, rectangle, etc.
  • firstsip
    Options

Why does it even matter? It's not like we win a special prize for being a pear, hourglass, rectangle, etc.

But how else can you know what hole you'll fit in?
  • Ideal362433
    Options

It's just both of us have been curious if there was an exception? That's all in this case?
  • Ideal362433
    Options
    Because if she's not an hourglass or pear she can't be a rectangle her hips are too big compared to her waist.
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    If your hips are WIDE and you look like an hourglass shape form straight on you're an hourglass. Otherwise you are a rectangle with a big butt. Either way it means your weight isn't on your midsection so it's 'healthier' fat! :)
  • BeefyBFit
    BeefyBFit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Octagon.

I agree....octagon.
  • firstsip
    Options
    Because if she's not an hourglass or pear she can't be a rectangle her hips are too big compared to her waist.

I don't understand half your posts here. Are you talking to yourself, or forgetting to log into a different account?
  • Ideal362433
    Options

I don't understand half your posts here. Are you talking to yourself, or forgetting to log into a different account?

Nope I'm talking about my mom who's actually on here too.

I'm not a troll.

I said her hips are too big compared to her waist but her hips themselves are narrow. If you can't picture what that looks like maybe you need to get out more so you'll see what I'm actually talking about. For now there's nothing I can say further to make you understand.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    If your hips are WIDE and you look like an hourglass shape form straight on you're an hourglass. Otherwise you are a rectangle with a big butt. Either way it means your weight isn't on your midsection so it's 'healthier' fat! :)

this
  • firstsip
    Options
    It would seem your question has been answered, i would have gone with anemoneprose and her response. But can't help noticing so many angry women..... Chill. Yes it's in the wrong forum... no need to pms at her about every little detail.. Do something more constructive with your time. It's all about encouragement... hugs and MFP =)

Are we reading the same thread?
  • Ideal362433
    Options

http://www.insideoutstyleblog.com/2008/09/body-shapes-explained-h-shape-rectangle.html

http://www.thechicfashionista.com/rectangle-body-shape.html
    For Joyofclothes, she doesn't have less defined waist. She doesn't have a flat butt. Her tummy is not average but small 25". For fashionista she gains weight in her thighs not all over her body. hips and bust aren't similar dimensions. For inside out, her shoulders are the same size as her hips. However, her waist is not 9 inches or less smaller than her hips/shoulders. Her hips/shoulders are 10 inches wider than her waist instead.

She is short which shortens her definition but it still exist proportionately for her waist.
    http://youqueen.com/fashion/dress-for-your-body-shape-rectangle-shape/

http://www.joyofclothes.com/style-advice/shape-guides/the-rectangle.php

Basically if you get my point it's confusing to me what she is as it stipulates apart of the rectangle body shape is lack of waist definition and the hips/shoulders and waist are close in dimension this is not the case. Basically she's kicked out of the rectangle category.
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Why do you care so much as to keep asking this over and over again? Is there some special contest you want to enter that only allows a certain shape to participate?
    Sorry, that's snarky I know, but this feels a bit ridiculous.

If there's a contest, I WANT IN!
  • Grace215lbs
    Grace215lbs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Why do you care so much as to keep asking this over and over again? Is there some special contest you want to enter that only allows a certain shape to participate?
    Sorry, that's snarky I know, but this feels a bit ridiculous.

Yeah this isn't about me at all. Just stop. If you can't comprehend, that this is a different thread, then, it seems lame you are amused by repetition.

I would say you're hourglass but that's just my opinion

I wouldn't even reply to have the people posting here as they didn't help, wrote something rude or just wasted time.

Best thing to do. A, avoid the forums, b, Block users that are just posting to clearly get there post numbers up, or post rude comments to feel good about them selves or C, Don't worry about it. There are many rude people on the internet. It's where cowards go to abuse without anyone stopping them. Peace.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!