Couch to 5K: Starting Monday Oct 11 -- Join Me!

Options

Replies

• ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    got my sports bra and might get my shoes tomorrow which meeeeeeaaaannnnsss.... I might get to start the program! Its going to take me longer than 9 weeks b/c I also get bad shin splints but im gonna try the stretching thing and ... Im quiting smoking !!! YAY!! As soon as my shoes get here I am selling my cigs to my sisters LOL
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    today is the day when i start my c25k i can't wait til i start it today and find out how many calories burned :-) i'm also doing jillian michaels 30 day shred level 2

WOW both!!! You are ambitious!!! Jillian kicks my butt!!!
  • wardiemelissa
    Options
    Great job everyone!!!! Keep it up and remember to take it one day at a time!!!!
  • ahsongbird
    Options
    well hubbs wants me to get really good shoes so i have to wait til the first (when we get paid) to start jogging :(
  • zoey116
    zoey116 Posts: 75
    Options
    I'm in!!! I didn't find this thread till today but I had already started week 1 day 1 yesterday :) I wasn't able to run all of the intervals so I am going to keep repeating it untill I can run ALL of the intervals. :)
  • carolww
    carolww Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    W1D2 in the bag. I download the app for the iphone, so was able to listen to my music and do the running when I was told to. 60 seconds is a long time... but 90 seconds just flies by. Why is that??

Just looking ahead... it seems to ramp up quite abruptly on W5D3...eg. 20 minutes running!!!!!
  • hdumpty
    Options
    Hi,

Is the 5 minutes warmup part of the 20 minute workout?

Thanks,

H
  • ahsongbird
    Options
    Hi,

Is the 5 minutes warmup part of the 20 minute workout?

Thanks,

H

Yes it says for a TOTAL of 20 minutes : )
  • junedunebug
    Options
    I'm totally in! :)
  • carolww
    Options
    I don't think the 5 mins walking is part of it. According to the iphone app thingy it goes like this
    5 minutes walking
    20 minutes of run 60 walk 90 (8 cycles)
    5 minute walking cool down

Total of 30 minutes
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    W1D2 in the bag. I download the app for the iphone, so was able to listen to my music and do the running when I was told to. 60 seconds is a long time... but 90 seconds just flies by. Why is that??

Just looking ahead... it seems to ramp up quite abruptly on W5D3...eg. 20 minutes running!!!!!

I I hear ya! The 60 seconds feels like forever, but the 90 seconds seriously flies by! I'm just catching my breath when I have to start running again..lol
  • Jalah
    Jalah Posts: 14
    Options
    So I just attemped my first day of week 4 on this program earlier this week and it literally kicked my tail! Tonight I am going to try again and I'm hoping that it won't be as difficult!

When I first started, I was scared of week 2 but it seems like every time I get to my 3rd or 4th run on a week it is better. It is kinda shocking to me. I've never been a runner so it is a slow progression for me but I'm trying...

Good luck to all of you! Hang in there...I promise you will have days where the run/walks feel amazing!
  • carolww
    Options
    So W1D3 is complete. I really didn't feel like doing it, but once I got started it was fine. How is everyone else going?
  • TrainerJulie
    Options
    I finished Week1 on Friday, and I started Week 2 tonight. I know that we're supposed to take a day off in between, but Tuesday just won't work for a workout for me, and we're going out of town Weds-Sat morning, so I kind of want to do day 2 tomorrow. This is my 3rd round of this program (although I've yet to finish it), so I feel confident I can do W2D2 tomorrow and not kill myself!

I hope everyone is doing OK! Keep it up!
  • wardiemelissa
    Options
    I completed my second 6 mile run yesterday! Was very exhilerating to run over an hour and 15 minutes and complete 6.57 miles! Everyday brings me closer to my ultimate goal of SOMEDAY completing a marathon...I'm halfway to a half marathon!!!! Congrats to all of you and your accomplishments this week!!!!
  • TrainerJulie
    Options
    I completed my second 6 mile run yesterday! Was very exhilerating to run over an hour and 15 minutes and complete 6.57 miles! Everyday brings me closer to my ultimate goal of SOMEDAY completing a marathon...I'm halfway to a half marathon!!!! Congrats to all of you and your accomplishments this week!!!!

Ok....you rock!
    I'm not sure I'm up for a marathon, but would like to do a 5K at some point.
  • alli1570
    Options
    I just finished week 1 day 3 tonight but Im going to repeat week 1. For those with shin splints...I used to get them horribly because I ran on my toes -- I played softball as a teenager so my only "running" was sprinting between bases. I had to train myself to land heal first and roll through my foot, then they went away. Of course now I have other foot/leg problems because of my weight...but at least I dont have shin splints!! :)

Good luck everyone!
  • carolww
    Options
    W2D1 done tonight. The "walk now" prompts came just in the nick of time, but it was manageable.
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I did w2d2 yesterday and I didn't do nearly as well as I shoudl've. I had to pause myself twice but I was also pushing a 30 lb child in a 10 lb stroller, doesn't that count for anything?? I guess I just have to do my jogging on days when my little munchkin is at grandma's because I cant handle her and the running together at this point. I also felt so bad about the way I did yesterday so I went for a walk with my aunt and made her do w1d1 with me and we both did great!
  • carolww
    Options
    Innerglow - child in stroller counts for a LOT!!! Good for you for getting out there. Impressive weightloss too - 39lbs!!