Doin' the dirty is an exercise, right?

Options

Replies

• Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Sparkpeople has it on their Q & A. They can give a better explanation than me, but it's not classed as a cardio on there either. This is because it's impossible to keep the same duration going, & raised level in heart rate consistent throughout.

Hey - you speak for yourself!!!

Aww man really?!! Damn it. Now I know why my ex said it was me not him! :sad:
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I wouldn't say it's a marathon, but one session isn't enough, so I know I'm burning some sort of calories. I wonder if certain positions burn more calories than the typical one might...

I don't mean to offend anyone, I mean...It's not taboo or anything.

It's not so much taboo as much as it's coming across as annoying.
    Instead of using the forum's "Search" function, you've flashed up a neon sign saying "lookeee here!!!" with your risque forum topic and your humble-brag question.

Congratulations, you've got the attention.......and you probably got your answer (which is that you probably burned more calories turning on your computer to type this post than you did "doin' the dirty".

Sheesh people. If it's so annoying and has "been done to death" why bother clicking on the title to post your comment. Just scroll to something more interesting to you.

The only thing annoying in any of these forums is the sheer number of sarcastic trolls trying to take center stage on someone else's thread.

It's difficult for anyone to find any advice worth using in any of these forums (not that this question is serious enough for serious advice) because of having to wade through all the smart remarks.

And if everyone has sex and everyone knows everyone has sex, how is she bragging about having sex? Are you not having sex and the mere mention of someone else having sex throws you into fits of jealous rage? :sad:

Well said!!!! Agree totally!:drinker:
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    I'd say more for guys than for girls tbh.
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I wouldn't say it's a marathon, but one session isn't enough, so I know I'm burning some sort of calories. I wonder if certain positions burn more calories than the typical one might...

Positions
    Man on top, woman on bottom (facing each other) 20 calories
    Woman on top, man on bottom
    (Many women find that in addition to its inherent sexual possibilities, this position affords a better view of the clock.) 25 calories
    From the rear (Mysterious variation) 40 1/2 calories
    Standing: Both partners of equal height 18 calories
    Standing: Woman 1 foot taller than a man 90 calories
    While in traction
    (very useful during ski season) 124 calories

Locations
    On a bar stool 20 calories
    Rear of a Honda Civic 38 calories
    In a phone booth, standing 14 calories
    In a phone booth, lying down 274 calories
    On an airliner, aisle seat 24 calories
    On an airliner, middle seat 42 calories
    On an airliner, window seat 30 calories
    On an airliner, in the lavatory 100 calories

So the obvious answer would be. Whilst in traction + horizontally in a phone booth = highest calorie burn :bigsmile:

This TOTALLY clears it up!
  • Snow3y
    Options
    Your burning calories and working muscles so it's a great workout! My favorite! :drinker:

Edited my comment to not be mean.
  • Snow3y
    Options
    I wouldn't bother. It's really not as many calories as you think.

This is similar to those who want to log 'cleaning' and 'meal preparation' under their daily exercise..

ikr... Anything to burn dem calories LOL
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    yup.
    around here it's known as 'the bonus plan'
    :laugh:
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I feel a 'Why is everyone so mean' thread coming

No Ma'am. Just felt bad for the OP. She is obviously a newbie (as noted by her thumbnail) and was genuinely curious.

But we won't have to worry about her posting anymore....she deactivated.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I don't share my exercise/cals burned on my newsfeed but I do log. I under-log ALL activity and sex is no different. If we're in the bedroom for 40 minutes and both break a sweat, change positions 5 times, etc...I will log 5 min aerobic activity low impact hehe
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    This is not a bad thread at all. Many people wonder what types of activities burn what.

There is a website that you plug in your stats: weight, height, gender, age. They have tons of every day activities to choose from; painting, playing piano, you name it, it's there. Everything you do burns calories. Hey, if I'm burning, I want to know and take it into account for sure!

I remember someone on the forum created another account so she could tell her story of how she burned 100 calories going solo.

It was wildly entertaining.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

It is on the mainboards, as the user shared try the search engine if any threads are still around. Most of this type of threads go downhill fast and get deleted.

There's a community guidelines you can read through so you know what's OK on the mainboards and what's not. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

17. No Profane, Vulgar, or Sexually Explicit Language
    No explicit, sexual, insulting or vulgar content including expletives, or sexual innuendo, will be permitted. This includes the use of non-alphabetical characters to approximate expletives or other objectionable language. Publicly visible text on MyFitnessPal should be work-place friendly.

We reserve the right to moderate a topic based on the intent of the sexual material it contains. Topics intended to titillate will be removed. Topics with medical or clinical themes related to sex or sexual health may be permitted, at our discretion.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I feel a 'Why is everyone so mean' thread coming

No Ma'am. Just felt bad for the OP. She is obviously a newbie (as noted by her thumbnail) and was genuinely curious.

But we won't have to worry about her posting anymore....she deactivated.

nm
  • smrising
    smrising Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    actually, i deactivated to reactivate. i really wasn't asking to get attention or be harshly ridiculed. it was pure curiosity...i didn't mean to cause such a scene, so i'm sorry for all the "mfp veterans" ...sheesh. you all obviously gave me the answer i was looking for..

and to all the positive comments, thank you and i appreciate it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Rear of a Honda Civic 38 calories

what about for a renault megane (sport edition)?
  • smrising
    Options
    i also wasn't aware that if i asked one wrong question i'd be summoned to leave this website by people who didn't like my topic. people make mistakes, my bad....
  • MstngSammy
    Options
    This is not a bad thread at all. Many people wonder what types of activities burn what.

There is a website that you plug in your stats: weight, height, gender, age. They have tons of every day activities to choose from; painting, playing piano, you name it, it's there. Everything you do burns calories. Hey, if I'm burning, I want to know and take it into account for sure!

I remember someone on the forum created another account so she could tell her story of how she burned 100 calories going solo.

It was wildly entertaining.

Ha! Damn! I missed it lol
  • MstngSammy
    Options
    i also wasn't aware that if i asked one wrong question i'd be summoned to leave this website by people who didn't like my topic. people make mistakes, my bad....

Yes by all means...don't ever go rogue and just post a random question. The search box is an absolute must!

But hey....just between you and me.....it doesn't matter if you follow the rules......they're everywhere.

Just a heads up. :flowerforyou:
  • smrising
    Options

Yes by all means...don't ever go rogue and just post a random question. The search box is an absolute must!

But hey....just between you and me.....it doesn't matter if you follow the rules......they're everywhere.

Just a heads up. :flowerforyou:

thanks for the advice, i'll keep it in mind. :)
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    were you not doin the dirty before you started losing weight?? then i wouldnt count it.
  • 1200lne
    1200lne Posts: 15
    Options

The search box is an absolute must!

When I first posted, it was on thread I searched on, and got told off for reviving an old thread.. theres just no win..