Tim Hortons,eh?

Options

Replies

• sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Now I HAVE to stop there on my way to work..
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

It tastes like cookies. Coffee cookies. It's awesome. But if they put sugar and cream in it it's around 550 calories. I'd rather have cake.

550 cals in a drink??? :noway:

Yes, I'd rather have coffee-flavoured cake!
  • PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    Daily Tim's girl checking in.

Pumpkin spice muffins are back. They are soooo good! Unfortunately, I'm working on my own muffin top & won't be indulging.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I've never actually been to a Tim Horton's but i know in other coffee chains, they usually do a sugar free version of all their syrups, if you can ask for that? It doesn't really make any difference to the taste, especially if you are having it with coffee :)

I don't think there's any sugar-free options (aside from a double-double with twin!) ahah

You definitely got the FV Cappuccino. So good, so dangerous!! Even a medium double-double will cost you 210 calories. I make mine at home now, using the Tassimo discs and my french vanilla creamer, and half a tsp of sugar. Under 80 calories woo!
  • furniem
    furniem Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I used to drink them every day and would be on a sugar buzz for hours afterwards. It is probably the highest calorie and sugar filled hot beverage they have at Tim Hortons. Go to their website and check out the "nutritional" details about it.
    Better off making coffee at home and using a Fat Free French Vanilla creamer for 30 calories a tbsp.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    mmmmm Tim Hortons coffee....i order a lot of coffee from there and i've learned to check every.single.order. Only cause i hate being disappointed with my coffee. Like someone else said though, i believe their French Vanilla comes with cream and sugar. When you order flavour shots separately though, you can have your coffee whatever way you like it, with the shot just added in.
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I bought a Tassimo specifically to stop going to Timmies. I got TH t-disks and use coffeemate which is less calories than cream and making it at home means I avoid the bagels etc as well.

The problem is instead of 1 to 2 xl Timmies I now have about 3 to 4 coffees a day....

damn you, Tim Horton, DAMN YOU!
  • LyndaMRou
    LyndaMRou Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, I miss Timmy HoHo's. One of the drawbacks of moving out west.

You can still find them in Vancouver -- though not on every block like out east. Try moving to Singapore! No Timmy's except once a year when we go home! :-(
  • ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Well one thing I do know is their French Vanillia is a powder based drink, the coffee you got seems to have gotten a little messed up. I know the actual drink is powder based as my son is manager of one of the stores and I would assume that would be very high in sugar and have the cream in it .
  • As someone who works at Timmies I can tell you they messed up and gave you a French vanilla cappuccino. The flavour shots at Timmies are unsweetened.
  • xyz68x
    xyz68x Posts: 30
    Options
    Oh come on!!! Now I want some Timmys ... Guess I'll just have to walk across the street and get one :)

Edit: Nuts! It's raining too hard
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Oh come on!!! Now I want some Timmys ... Guess I'll just have to walk across the street and get one :)

Edit: Nuts! It's raining too hard
    Haha, here too. Only for two lousy weeks now!:sad:
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, I miss Timmy HoHo's. One of the drawbacks of moving out west.

You can still find them in Vancouver -- though not on every block like out east. Try moving to Singapore! No Timmy's except once a year when we go home! :-(

Out in our neck of the suburbs, Timmy's are sprouting up like weeds. There almost is one every other block now. And a Starbucks on the blocks where there's no Timmy's. It's kind of disgusting when you think about it.

I gave up on all of the Tim's specialty drinks a few years ago when I heard it's all just mixes and loaded with sugar. Call me a coffee snob, but I want real espresso in my lattes, not powder.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    We love to visit Tim Hortons when we are visiting family in Windsor! Yummy donuts! :love:

I used to love their donuts, but they taste different lately.
  • queenjane1023
    queenjane1023 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I so miss Timmy Ho's, I used to get a medium double double and honey wheat bagel for breakfast before work everyday. A long, long, long time ago.

Oh! I jsut looked at the website and I can order it online now. Best news ever on a slow Monday morning.
  • ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You need to be in Canada and have Second Cup, even though for me its just green tea. What that place has is just amazing compared to the others.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Daily Tim's girl checking in.

Pumpkin spice muffins are back. They are soooo good! Unfortunately, I'm working on my own muffin top & won't be indulging.
    I need to get to Tim's asap. I missed the Smile cookies, but I will not miss the pumpkin spice muffins.
    tumblr_mty7ckvJQs1sj3oxho1_500.gif
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    donuts are now partially prebaked and sent to stores to finish up. That's why they taste different now.

French vanilla capacino is a sugary mix. to cut down on the sugar content I do half french vanilla and half coffee. Little bit of fun and a little bit of guilt free. Works for me.
  • Kitzey
    Kitzey Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I love my Timmies and on occasion I still order a coffee w/ 2 cream, but most visits it's for a "chai tea" straight up! I remember the French Vanilla Cappuccino days, then I thought well I will do half FV and half coffee... sounds like it saves a lot right? Not enough! LOL Just not as satisfying either.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    tim hortons is the ONLY GROSS THING IN CANADA.