fruit!!

Options
2»

Replies

• jeanywren
    jeanywren Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a friend on ww and she says you can have up to 8 cups of fruit and veggies a day. One fruit is one cup sort of. That said, she limits her fruit to two a day and the rest veggies. Makes sense. I asked her how you get 8 cups in a day and she says that 6 cups of veggies is not that hard with a salad and a stirfry for example. She is doing amazing but I noticed she does not eat much meat, whick I questioned.
  • loriepaulin
    loriepaulin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I agree with Amy here. Fruits and veggies are just fine for you and healthy at that! They have natural sugars that our bodies know what to do with. Enjoy and eat away!!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Why is it that with weight watchers if you eat any fruit ITS FREE!?? no points, they can fill up with all the fruits and veggies they want !!! but with this plan all fruits and veggies still go against you. I want an apple but I don't want to give up 96 calories for one! that's a lot!! dam -_-
    :noway:
    :wink:
    Because they got it wrong. However, I'm going to take a wild guess that the points system does not afford enough calories anyway, thus the calories from the fruit won't hurt you.

Fruit and vegetables have calories just like any other food. You should not have to give up anything to have a piece of fruit, as long as you stay within the correct calorie limit for you to lose weight.

Have you set up your profile in MFP yet to calculate your calorie limit to lose weight? You never eat less than that calorie limit because, based on how many pounds per week you want to lose, MFP calculates the calorie deficit for you.

yup...this.
  • sharde8691
    sharde8691 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm not crazy about the weight Watcher's program, but eating as many raw fruits and veggies a day is not bad. Eating a big apple that is 96 calories is sooo much more beneficial than eating a cookie that is 200 calories. I personally don't limit myself when it comes to raw fruits and veggies, seems like I am better at losing weight when I fill up on those.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    WW is a great program. The reason Fruits and vegetables are free is - Has anyone really eaten so many fruits and vegetables as to be overweight? I don't think so. If you have to go over your points or calories WW says to go over on fruit or vegetables. I agree. :flowerforyou:
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Fruit and vegetables are 'free' in the Weight Watchers program because they have already calculated the calories onto your points total. They assume 5 servings of fruit and vegetables and automatically deduct it from your daily points total before they give it to you :smile:
  • danprin1
    danprin1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have done WW in the past so I know of their point system... You can have 5 "free" servings of fruit/veggies a day, but past that any fruit or veggie has to be counted.
  • kare4acure
    Options
    Thanks to everyone, all this advice was very very helpful to me. I am enjoying an apple right now :P I did like the idea of eating my apple while I go for a walk lol
    thanks again.
    :)
    :heart:
  • kare4acure
    Options
    I will , thanks !