How many carbs are you eating?

Options
I use to eat 1200 - 1300 calories and a lot of the calories came from carbs. I lost about 15 pounds, but it didn't stay off when i tried to maintain. I've gained most of the pounds back and now trying to lose it again. Just confused... if carbs weren't hindering my progress then why do they seem to be now? I have cut my carbs down to 40 percent rather than 50-55 percent and hope that it'll work out.

Replies

• dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I use to eat 1200 - 1300 calories and a lot of the calories came from carbs. I lost about 15 pounds, but it didn't stay off when i tried to maintain. I've gained most of the pounds back and now trying to lose it again. Just confused... if carbs weren't hindering my progress then why do they seem to be now? I have cut my carbs down to 40 percent rather than 50-55 percent and hope that it'll work out.

How long did you diet on 1200-1300 calories? What did you calculate your maintenance calories to be? Did you immediately jump to maintenance, or was it a gradual increase in calories? Did you change your routine i.e. workout less or stop working out all together? More information will be helpful.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    You might have estimated your maintenance too high.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    300-400g of carbs on an average day. More some days when I decide IDGAF.
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I only spot check my carbs but I know I average over 200 a day. I eat a lot of veggies, fruit and whole grains and those are carb dense. I've never had issues with carbs.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I eat all of them. :)
  • comrade_questions
    comrade_questions Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My goal is set to 160 or so, but most days I end up eating more than 200. Ain't no thang. I lost 21 pounds before trying to keep my carbs around 150-200.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i typically stay at or below 100g. but, i don't pay that much attention. i really like mango, and other fruit. and beer.
  • backtoabike
    Options
    20 grams today, and still not hungry.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Did I meet my protein goal today? If yes:
    Step 2: Did I meet my fat goal today? If yes:
    Step 3: Sweet, eat all the carbs.

Assuming you don't have health-related dietary restrictions, you're only eating too many carbs if you're not getting adequate fat/protein as a result. The same goes for the other macronutrients.
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Right now, probably around ten. Not hungry.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

How long did you diet on 1200-1300 calories? What did you calculate your maintenance calories to be? Did you immediately jump to maintenance, or was it a gradual increase in calories? Did you change your routine i.e. workout less or stop working out all together? More information will be helpful.

Yep all of the above......

I am currently average around 400 grams a day over the past year....... (I am on a 40/30/30 spit with carbs leading the way)
  • aarilynn
    aarilynn Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Did I meet my protein goal today? If yes:
    Step 2: Did I meet my fat goal today? If yes:
    Step 3: Sweet, eat all the carbs.

Assuming you don't have health-related dietary restrictions, you're only eating too many carbs if you're not getting adequate fat/protein as a result. The same goes for the other macronutrients.

Ok this makes sense. Today I focused on my protein and fats more and I was left with more carbs than usual.
  • ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of legumes, fruits and veggies, so I usually eat around 350-400 grams of carbs a day on a 2500-3000 calorie diet.
  • Ciarad7
    Ciarad7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This week 280g. Trying to work my way up to 300g. Currently eating 2500 cals.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I try to stay below 100g. But, I don't freak out if I go over because of fruit, beans or veggies.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    between 100-200 per day. Mostly from whole fresh fruits and veggies.

If what you are doing isn't working try something else.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    250-300g a day.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options

Agree ^^

I have my macros set to: carbs 40%, fat and protein 30% each, but my average real intake on my weekly pie chart is more like
    34/33/33

(Carbs eaten are about 120-160 a day, I think.)
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Ha, once I have enough protein and fat I fill the rest how I want. I think I average between 160-200 grams a day

My macros are set 40%p/30%f/30%c
  • MerlinWilliams
    MerlinWilliams Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    About 30g/day for me.