• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    3 mile short run today.
    exercise.png
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    What a tough spin this morning. I thought I was going to pass out!

exercise.png
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    10/7 10.39 mi bike ride
    10/8 5.14 mi run/walk
    + a few walks with the dog- 1.8 mi
    Total 102 miles

exercise.png
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Off to a kinda slow start. I better step it up if I want to get to 50 miles!

exercise.png
  • happylife2014
    happylife2014 Posts: 128 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    There are so many inspiring stories, pictures and giffs in this thread.

I'm still not running as I'm resting the right calf in the hope that it heals - going to see a physio in about 10 days to try and work out why my right leg is ALWAYS the one that has injuries - am I doing something wrong? or is it just the way I'm made? Hopefully a clever solution can be found as I really love running - even though I came to it late and needed to lose a couple of pounds to do it!!
    @K80FLEC - My initial inklings why you have a greater incidence of injuries on your right leg...and bear in mind I am *NOT* a medical professional, this is just a layman's opinion based on years of experience and reading about such things....is that you potentially either have a difference in length between your two legs, or a muscle imbalance. The former can easily be remedied through "orthotics" (a shoe insert) and the latter can be addressed through knowledgeable, professional physical therapy. Hopefully your upcoming appointment will shed some light. They'll probably do an X-ray to rule out any structural issues with joints (i.e., breakdown of cartilage, bone spurs/calcium deposits, etcetera) and examine for previous injuries that might have resulted in muscle adhesions. I don't know if you're going to a general M.D. or what, but hopefully whoever (whomever? lol) you see will have some experience in Sports Medicine...and better yet, be a runner themselves. And I'm completely in the same boat with needing to lose a few pounds. I know that's a huge source of my numerous aches and pains. Every extra pound multiplies the force of impact the body has to absorb and if there are any structural weaknesses in the body, unfortunately, they will be exploited and compounded. :ohwell:

So that's my mission right now....to persevere through this difficult phase and try not to aggravate or seriously injure anything else to the point of sidelining me until I can lose enough weight that running is more enjoyable (and pain-free) once again. :flowerforyou:

Good luck!
    Dave
  • mandysmom092711
    Options
    Rode 5 miles on the stationary bike today.

26.76/100
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    10/7 = 3.47

exercise.png
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Disappeared for a few days while we cleaned out gardens and put the veggies into storage or canned. But short walk in yesterday and a nice longer walk today. Slowly getting back on track!

exercise.png
  • dmvarner
    dmvarner Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Oct 1--6= 6.176 miles swam
    Oct 7 = 7.53 (1.26 swimming & 6.27 cycling)
    Oct 8 = 10.598 (1.088 swimming & 9.51 cycling)

Total= 24.309 / 150 miles
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    =======================
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

www.tinyurl.com/mgtpplu
    =======================

@TANYAMAC13 and @CHARLENEBERRY54 - Sorry it took me so long to get back to you....busy night last night and this morning....but WELCOME!!! I got you added to the list and I'll shoot you some info shortly! :smile:

@LINZNZEUSFITNFIGHT and @RAASY - YAY, you're on the board with some miles now! :drinker:

@TAM6VAN - I don't know which I hate worse....wind or hills. Great job! Just have to keep telling yourself what I do...."It's resistance training and it's making me stronger!" :bigsmile:

@GOLDIEJOE - Loved your Tony Robbins quote! So very true!! Side note: Anyone get the reference "Banana Hands"? :laugh:

@KAWOOKIE - Hey, even slow miles count! I can most definitely vouch for that with my uber-slow pace! :bigsmile: My favorite joke as I run past walkers at about 0.000001 mph faster than they're moving is to say, "You better hold on to your hats when I run by!" :laugh:

@TAXMOM9093 - Thank you for your encouraging note. It's completely okay for you to get mushy any time you'd like. In case it hasn't become obvious yet....I'm kinda a fan of the mush. Yeah, the big, mean, tough-looking, Harley-riding, former Jarhead...he's a just a big 'ol teddy bear. But let's just keep that our little secret. I got my image to protect... :wink::laugh:

@JESSIBELLEW - Yup, you're on track and back in the FESTIVE GREEN!! :drinker:

Today is the 8th so we're a little over a week into October. You should be roughly 1/4 of the way to your goal by now. If you are, great! If not, there's still plenty of time to get caught up....but you need to GET MOVING! :flowerforyou:

Dave
    Darkrider42
  • leambi
    leambi Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    20 miles done today.

exercise.png