Looking for Primal Friends!!!!

Options
I have been learning and practicing the primal way of life for approximately 50 days.:drinker: Let me tell you that it is the best thing I have ever done with my life besides marrying the man of my dreams and having my two amazing healthy children.:blushing: I have lots of wonderful friends on MFP, but very few who have the same dieting views that I have. Just looking for some primal friends so that I can compare notes, ask questions, check out their diaries, obtain new recipes and just have a common view with when it comes to my eating habits. Add me :wink:

Replies

• platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    Hey there! I'm always looking for a primal buddy... Let's get this done together! :-)
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I am here with you guys also..............

I was formerly on this site as Lean Lioness and also July24Lioness.

I am the outspoken one who believes the low carb lifestyle is the way to good health, being able to effortlessly lose weight and have loads of energy!!

There is a general low carb thread on the boards that is very informational and not biased toward or against any 1 particular plan!!

And I have my own forum dedicated to the Primal and Low Carb Lifestyle...........
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Thank you all!!! So much!!!!!
  • platoon
    Options
    Sooo excited! I just posted a few things related to the primal lifestyle, but received little response. I'm glad others believe that this lifestyle is perfectly sustainable with a little creativity and discipline. :-)
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Funny thing is............ It actually hasn't taken any discipline for me since the first week. It just feels natural and makes since now. I am very excited as well. NOT very many people feel the way I do about this and they look and talk to me like I'm insane!
  • platoon
    Options
    Me too! :-)
  • EternalMysteria
    Options
    I'm not doing the primal diet, but I am vegan. I am curious about it though.
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Options
    helloo!! We follow a paleolithic way of eating 6 days a week in this house! I do have a spike day to rebuild glycogens as I do a lot of running but like you I found this so easy from day 1 xxx
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    I'm not doing the primal diet, but I am vegan. I am curious about it though.

AKA: Caveman diet. lower carb, higher fiber and protien and fat. I'm sure you could taylor it in some ways, but it's highly dependant on eating meat.
  • LisaJayne71
    LisaJayne71 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    What exactly is the primal diet? I'm guessing it's more than just low carb?
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Options
    If you can catch it and kill it or pick it you eat it :) xxx
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options

fruits, veggies, lean meats, nuts and berries. no wheats grains or rices. HIGH protien and fiber. When my nutritionist first talked about it. I was like "WHAT? are you insane" but now............ I love it. Never hungry, so much energy, effortless weightloss. Very satisfying.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    this sounds interesting. pretty much what i try to do.

so what carbs can u eat? lol these are my weakness but i have noticed that when i cut down i lose faster
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    this sounds interesting. pretty much what i try to do.

so what carbs can u eat? lol these are my weakness but i have noticed that when i cut down i lose faster

The fruits and veggies that I eat have the carbs. I try to stay around 50-80 NET carbs a day, over 25 gms fiber and at the very least 100gms of protein. And seriously when my nutritionist told me that I would get over my sweet tooth, carb, bread, brownie, icing cravings within a week or two. I thought she was a lunetic. BUT after a week. I'm was good and I didn't die. lol I can go buy HOT FRESH doughnuts for my coworkers and not even be tempted to reach into the box while the smell is filling my car. That to me is insane-BUT it's true.
  • platoon
    Options
    It's really the protein that makes me happy! I am very rarely "starving". And the fact that you can still have "normal" dishes (with primal substitutes, of course), makes this lifestyle AMAZING! :-)
  • Grokette
    Options

No, not more than low carb...............

Simply low carb. It is low carb in its simplest form.

meat, eggs, nuts, seeds, berries, veggies, veggies and more veggies. Small fruit intake (think having fruit for dessert)

I am beginning to coach people in my area where I live and 3 people where I work.

I am well versed with both Atkins and Primal Blue Print so I am helping people along..........
  • gnakazawa
    gnakazawa Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo....friends after my own heart!!! It's awesome to see other paleo types are on this site!!! Love it...
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    What exactly is primal?
    Is it anything like HCG or Adkins that you were doing? If not how is it different? Just curious
  • Grokette
    Options
    What exactly is primal?
    Is it anything like HCG or Adkins that you were doing? If not how is it different? Just curious

Primal (Paleo) eating plans are similar to Atkins................very similar, but more strict.

I am still doing HCG, I have just developed my own eating plan though.
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info, I'm gonna google and find out more :)