Breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee with heavy cream and sometimes a hard boiled egg. That keeps me satisfied for quite a while. Sometimes a Quest bar, if I've only had the coffee and it's, like, 11am and I'm hungry or planning to work out before eating lunch.

If I eat anything higher in carbohydrate or sugar, I'm STARVING in an hour or two, so I avoid most of that in the morning (or all day, really, but that's beside the point!)
  • chadstrain1
    chadstrain1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Banana and black coffee, ~100cal total, and is enough to keep away stomach growling.
  • ruthlesswr
    ruthlesswr Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    2 whole wheat eggo waffles, toasted, and about 1.5 tablespoons of peanut butter. This is warm and yummy and very filling for me. This plus coffee, vitamins, etc comes in at around 330 calories.
  • japar
    japar Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Two faves:

1/ Oatmeal cooked with water - then add berries in season or craisins in fall/winter. I like to thin it a little with skim milk after I cook it and I have now replaced the skim milk with vanilla protein and water shake - delicious! I also drink the remainder of the protein drink (Isolate). Total cals 237 (1/4C oatmeal-75cals, 1/8C berries-32cals, 1 serving of Body Fortress Whey Isolate-130cals) and 33G of protein.

2/ 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg scrambled with a handful of spinach, 1/4-1/2 bell pepper, some mushrooms, and onions and for a real treat sometimes add low-fat provolone. 192 cals and 23G of protein w/o the cheese; 242 and 28 with.
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the ideas everyone :smile:
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup quick oats cooked with 1 cup water (nuke for 1 minute)
    mix in 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce, sprinkle cinnamon and add stevia to sweeten
    168ish calories for the bowl and pretty damn filling. if you are hungry still a hard boiled egg with it should do the trick i usually have a hard time finishing it
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    or 2 eggs cooked over easy on a whole wheat english muffin with light laughing cow cheese (any flavor).
    couple scrambled eggs with sauteed mushrooms broccoli peppers and onions mixed in topped with salsa and a little shredded mozzarella
    3 pancakes (150 cals) topped with pb and maple syrup, side of fruit
    400g of watermelon is 120 cals
  • gringuitica
    gringuitica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    A MFP'er once mentioned a banana pancake on a breakfast thread, and I have since made it dozens of times. Delicious, not too eggy (I don't really like eggs), and very filling.

1 medium-large banana
    1 whole egg
    2 egg whites

Beat it all together, cook in a skillet (like a pancake). Top with 100 g of strawberries (or blueberries or blackberries), and you have a delicious breakfast for about 250 calories.