Bump!
  • SummerSmiles07
    SummerSmiles07 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • fitsssfit
    fitsssfit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    These sound delish! Did you know, though, if you don't grind flax seeds, they'll go right through you, undigested?! Just an fyi tip :smile: Thanks so much for the recipe... I'll try it! I like controlling what goes into me body... you rock!
  • joeysfacts
    joeysfacts Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I just tried this recipe and the protein rounds- since it seems many have been struggling being mature about this haha- were super gooey. I figured they were going to be too gooey just looking at the recipe, so I only used 2/3 cup of applesauce, not one whole cup, yet they were still too liquid to form into balls. I used spoon and put dollops of the "batter" onto a tray and now it's in the freezer. They flattened out since there wasn't enough to hold them together, but I'm hoping once they're frozen they'll be more edible. Anyway, I suggest using just a half cup of applesauce, or more peanut butter to hold them together, or more oats or more protein powder. I think the main problem is the OP didn't specify how much protein powder to use; every company has a different size scooper, so two scoops is very vague. Good luck!

Mine turned out pretty similarly runny. Still tasty, though! I used 2 scoops of Body Fortress chocolate/peanut butter protein powder, one of those single-serve cups of PB (I think it's a little more than 2T), a single serve cup of the applesauce, so about 1/2 cup, 1/2 cup of quick cooking oats, and 1T unsweetened cocoa powder.

I was hoping the mixture would firm up in the refrigerator so I could roll it into balls, but that didn't really work. They still spread out quite a bit after taking them out of the refrigerator and scooping them into balls before freezing. If these turn out well after freezing, I would probably use an ice cube tray to form them instead of adding more oats and more calories to get a stiffer "dough". The flavor is pretty good, so I'm glad I tried it.

Great idea with the ice cube tray. will def be trying that
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Tagging to make this later. Thank you.
  • coffee4me57
    Options
    Gotta try these, thanks!
  • deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Bump!
  • lismcm
    lismcm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing :)
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • ajmaupin
    Options
    bump
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Nice balls.
  • kirstenmaria
    kirstenmaria Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    bump. I was craving no-bakes last night and didn't have healthy ingredients; going shopping tonight!!
  • Maggs2742
    Maggs2742 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    These sound amazing, though do any of you have tried and good combination of ingredients for a house hold with chocolate and almond allergies?
  • KimP202
    KimP202 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bump, ty!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    mmm ur balls look delicious.

cheryl-cole-yes-gif5zjfd.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    better alternative than store bought crap.

homemade, no cook protein balls:

1/4 cup of oats
    2 scoops of chocolate protein powder (or your choice)
    2 tbsp of almond butter (with flax seed) or organic peanut butter.
    cup of apple sauce that is UNSWEETENED
    1/4 cup of shaved almonds (optional but i love adding these in)

mixed all together & stuck in freezer.

sorry, dont know the caloric count per ball. Im sure you can figure it out depending on which brands you use

237b5297-f589-419f-b421-d20168871b53.jpg

ur shaved nuts sound yummy too. gotta admit I'm partial to raw ones. the wonderful raw almonds are addictive to me. but i've never had the shaved ones mixed in like this so I'm gonna try it. do you mix with a fork or spoon?
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    tagging to try :drinker:
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    looks flipping delicious, BUMP.
  • 1alicia3
    Options
    bump!