Since I started "dieting" it annoys me when people ....

Options
linsey0689
linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
Ask me if whatever I am eating is part of my diet. This annoys me because I have got through this far without you help I don't need it now if I was a bowl of ice cream so be it.

Ask how I lost weight. Then once I explain it they tell me that they hate exercise and can't starve themselves everyday. When I said nothing like that.

Tell me about how the blank diet worked for them but the gained it back. Or how there friend lost 20 pounds doing it. Well that's nice but this diet and exercise thing seems to be working for me.

Ask me why I want to lose anymore weight I look good where I am. Okay I am still in the 220s at 5' 8" come on now. Or when people say I was meant to be big.

people tell me to stop losing weight because every pound I lose they gain two.

Oh and when people ask if all I eat is salad? Or if I only eat 500 calories a day.

I think most of these are pretty funny and wanted to share them. Please share with me what people say to you :)

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Try telling people you lost weights by lifting weights and eating right. They look at you with this "**** that" look.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    I'd share, but I'm not dieting. This is my lifestyle, how I eat and how I take care of myself. It ain't changing.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    The one thing that annoys me is when family members intentionally attempt to sabotage my diet. I know I am responsible for what I put in my mouth but when someone comes home from shopping and buys stuff that I have decided not to eat and then they continue to snack on things that I can eat - it smacks of disrespect.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    They want to hear that you bottled up some leprechaun farts and take a whiff of them every morning and that majickally makes the weight just fall off. Then they can blame their weight on the fact that they can't find any gassy leprechauns, not on the fact that they lack drive.

I don't get that stuff a whole lot, probably because I don't have much left to lose and it's just not very noticeable anymore. But people I don't see often like friends and family back home ask if I've lost weight every time they see me. It's nice I guess, but I've pretty much been at the same weight for a couple years at this point?
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people start commenting if they see me eating better or exercising, and here is why:

When I have called myself fat or lazy over the years (both true!), I was always hushed up "don't say that about yourself" "no you're not" "you look fine!" and "you're healthy so I think your weight must be fine"

These same people then want to know "how much have you lost?" "how much are you trying to lose?" and make comments like "good for you, don't you feel better?" "are you always hungry though?" "are you doing it on your own?"

I say MYOB. You wouldn't let me acknowledge that I had an issue, so stay out of my solution!
  • linsey0689
    Options
    I'd share, but I'm not dieting. This is my lifestyle, how I eat and how I take care of myself. It ain't changing.

That's why I put it in quotes I'm not dieting either but I didn't have room to type Since I started living health/making a life style change it annoys me when ...
  • EmilyAnn09
    Options
    I'm sorry, but did you just say people tell you that you are "meant to be big?" You should reply that they are "just meant to be an idiot."
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Cat food is nutritious, inexpensive, widely available, and can be taken anywhere without refrigeration. Except to cat shelters. I won't make that mistake again.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    ... start to turn right at a red light and then stop even though they have plenty of room to complete their turn before oncoming traffic.

:angry: :grumble: :angry: :grumble: :angry: :grumble: :angry: :grumble: :angry: :grumble: :angry: :grumble: :angry: :grumble:
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I would say that what annoys me the most is if I have to walk by a fast food restaurant... I cannot stand the sight or smell of fast food and red meat.
  • shaydon80
    shaydon80 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Make excuses. I can't stand hearing people make excuses.
  • linsey0689
    Options
    I'm sorry, but did you just say people tell you that you are "meant to be big?" You should reply that they are "just meant to be an idiot."

Yes all the time. Or that's what looks good on mine frame. Or that's what your family is. Okay my start weight was 285 don't tell me I looked good at that or that is what I should be because I am not going back there anytime soon.
  • sassabella
    Options
    Ask me if whatever I am eating is part of my diet. This annoys me because I have got through this far without you help I don't need it now if I was a bowl of ice cream so be it.

Ask how I lost weight. Then once I explain it they tell me that they hate exercise and can't starve themselves everyday. When I said nothing like that.

Yeah at work everyone keeps asking me about how I did it. I'm like "well, I exercise a lot and eat really well". Then they kind of just look at me and go "oh, yeah I hate exercise" or "I like chocolate too much". Its kind of like...well then you obviously don't want it enough then because unfortunately if you want to keep it off you need to be more dedicated than doing a lemon detox or shake diet or whatever else bull**** diets that are going on out there.
  • gourmetgal77
    gourmetgal77 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am finally to that point as well -- took me a while to get there, but I am there. Still "splurge" once in a while, and sometimes a little more than others. Now to maintain it and continue toning.
  • ihateyoga
    ihateyoga Posts: 111
    Options
    My family call me fat when I'm 130 lb at 5'5. They are very critical about weight. Just because a lot of Asians are around 100 lbs, they expect me to be as tiny.:grumble:
  • BeckyMBisMe
    BeckyMBisMe Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I was eating lunch with some co-workers the other day. One gal said to me, "Is that all your eating? Are you actually full?" When I told her yes she then asked "full, full? Like you can't shove in another bite?" :huh: I told her no, but I'm trying not to do that anymore. She was rather disgusted. And that kind of attitude explains why I now eat alone most days. :glasses:
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Try telling people you lost weights by lifting weights and eating right. They look at you with this "**** that" look.

RIGHT? I had that same reaction at a family gathering years ago. I was extremely fit at the time. My cousins didn't want to hear that I worked out and logged my food. Yeah, no magic pill, y'all.
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Start anything to the tune of this:

"You're sooooo lucky because you're naturally slim and don't have to work at it while I've tried everything and excuse excuse excuse excuse..."

Um, I work really f---ing hard, thank you.

At least that one I try to take as a compliment since I'm supposedly making maintainence look easy from an outside point of view. Because seriously, this shiz is tougher than losing :grumble:
  • shannongoneau
    shannongoneau Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    When people don't think I'm eating enough. I usually explain I eat 6 meals a day and probably eat more than they do.

the second thing would be when people know I'm eating healthy and they say "hey lets go to _____" (insert fast food place)
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    They want to hear that you bottled up some leprechaun farts and take a whiff of them every morning and that majickally makes the weight just fall off. Then they can blame their weight on the fact that they can't find any gassy leprechauns, not on the fact that they lack drive.

Oh this is good... When people ask me how I lost weight, I'm gonna use "leprechaun farts" as my magic dieting trick! :-D

Conversation with thin girl at work:
    TG: "you still dieting?"
    Me: "yep."
    TG: "you aren't hungry all the time?"
    Me: "nope. I'm feeling pretty good, actually."
    TG: "I just ate a sweet roll. It was good."

Alrighty then!
    Lol