Smoothie Lovers Please Read!!

Options
124»

Replies

• stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    This is a copy and paste from another mommy blog- I cant vouch for all the medicinal claims but I know I love this smoothie! I dont strain mine, though, I drink the pulp too... so here it is....

The SINGING CANARY strikes again!

This time it pecks off fat and helps reveal a leaner you. It sings a happy anthem of golden weight loss victory. Can you hear it croon?

“Drink me up... fill another cup…
    Feel the ease of your jeans zipping up.”

Any drink that THM concocts will always have the ulterior motive of attacking excess, unhealthy fat deposits on your body. The SINGING CANARY, though multi-talented as an adrenal healer and cancer fighter is foundationally a slimming sipper. It is 2 quarts of sustaining liquid, low in calories but dense in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It satiates with nutrients which help curb cravings. Every sip is flooded with health nurturing as well as fat blitzing power.

The first reason this sipper is a fat nipper is because it is laced with turmeric. Turmeric intake is directly associated with increased healthy fat loss and decreased insulin. Curcumin, a plant based polyphenol found in turmeric, helps regulate the body's metabolism. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory mechanisms actively fight against obesity.

High levels of inflammation are associated with obesity due to the presence of immune cells called macrophages in the body's fat tissue. These cells produce cytokine molecules that inflame the organs of the body. Turmeric taking center stage in the SINGING CANARY suppresses the number and activity of these nasty, inflaming, cells.

In a Columbia University study of turmeric, researchers discovered that mice that were fed turmeric had reduced incidence of diabetes and were not susceptible to weight gain. This turmeric administration was clearly associated with fat weight decline in their drop in body weight. This simply means their fat cells shrunk, not their muscles or a bunch of water weight loss.

A study by Agricultural Research Service (ARS) funded scientist and colleagues showed that dietary curcuminoids in turmeric could stall the spread of fat-tissue. It accomplished this by inhibiting new blood vessel growth, called angiogenesis, which is necessary to build fat tissue. The turmeric fed mice had less blood vessel growth in fat tissue. Turmeric starves fat cells.

Another research conducted at Tufts University in Boston discovered that curcuminoids found in turmeric reduced weight gain and total body fat. They divided eighteen mice into three groups which were fed a low fat, high fat, or curcumin enhanced, high fat diet. At the end of the study the body weight and fat distribution were measured. Even though food intake was not restricted, the mice that ingested the diet with curcumin had reduced weight and total body fat. Blood glucose, cholesterol, triglyceride and liver fat were also reduced.

The inclusion of lemon in the Singing Canary adds strength to its weight loss abilities by reducing hunger. Lemons also control blood sugar by slowing down the absorption of sugar into the body. The inclusion of the therapeutic grade, lemon essential oil kicks this up an extra notch.

The Extra Virgin coconut oil which gives the SINGING CANARY its orange creamsicle dreaminess and helps to melt fat by raising your thermogenic temperature. The Middle Chain Fatty acids in coconut oil are metabolized into immediate energy not fat, so you’ll feel like moving more which burns even more calories.

The inclusion of whey protein helps curb hunger cravings and turns on your fat shedding hormone - glucagon.

Here’s the recipe if you’ve somehow missed it…

Ingredients:

2 lemons
    4000 mg Vitamin C (buffered ascorbic acid powder or tablets or whatever is in your cupboard that does not include sugar or dyes)
    1 tsp. non irradiated turmeric powder
    1 flat, tsp. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
    2 tsp. Whey Protein Powder (look for CFM whey protein isolate)
    3 generous pinches of high mineral salt like Celtic Sea Salt
    3 splashes vanilla extract
    Pure Stevia Extract to taste
    Optional 4-8 drops of Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil Of Lemon

Directions:

1.Peel only the yellow rind off two lemons using a sharp pearling knife, leave as much of the white pith intact (the bioflavonoids in the white are an important, healing component of the drink). Slice each lemon into four chunks, take out the seeds and throw lemon pieces into your blender with 3 cups of water. Blend well.

2.Time to sieve this liquid because as you’ll want your Canary smooth and creamy. The easiest way is to pour the ingredients through a nylon mesh bag into a bowl or pitcher. You can purchase these bags at a paint store very inexpensively. Squeeze the bag well and allow all the lemony goodness to ooze out. This part is super fun. It’s worth a trip to the paint store for a few of these bags as you can make homemade cheese and almond milk with them. If you want to make this drink now and you don't have a bag, then use an old nylon stocking or a fine sieve. That’ll work.

3.Pour your fresh juice back into the blender. Add all the other ingredients and blend really well.

4.Fill a two quart glass mason jar with ice to the tippy top and then pour your SINGING CANARY juice over the ice. If it doesn't reach the top then add more water to your jar.

5.Put on a lid on the jar and shake like you are a professional drink mixer. Un cap... taste and ... OWN IT!!!!! Quite a bit of stevia is required to combat the strong flavors of lemon pith and turmeric and to balance out the Celtic Sea Salt. If your Canary has too biting a flavor, add a little more stevia and/or vanilla.

Note for pregnant women - Turmeric is considered safe during pregnancy when consumed as a food. There is some concern that it may possibly stimulate the uterus to cause contractions when used as a supplement however ginger has similar properties and concerns and it is often suggested by doctor’s to treat morning sickness for pregnant women. It is common for 3 tsp. of turmeric to be suggested as supplement dosage. We think the 1 tsp. in the Canary is a safer dose for pregnant women as that is the amount that people in India consume on average through food. But we are not doctors. Each pregnant mama should consult the advice of her physician. If concerned, pregnant women can always reduce the amount of both Turmeric and Vitamin C to 1/4 dose or not drink the full two quarts per day just to stay on the cautious side. The full dose of vitamin C is not recommended for pregnant women.
  • ars1300
    ars1300 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I love this one!! One scoop vanilla protein, 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk, 1/2 cup orange juice, a few cups spinach, and ice. Yum like a green orange Julius!
  • upscalelifedownscalebutt
    Options
    Love smoothies!
  • newtothishelp
    newtothishelp Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's too late, but I want to join? Just started having one in the morning for breakfast and live it, but would love some good recipes!