Has anyone else felt sick after eating unhealthy foods?

Options
So I've been pretty consistent with eating clean and healthy foods for a number of weeks now, I do allow myself "unhealthy" foods once a week or every two weeks. I find that I feel pretty sick after eating highly processed or sugary foods. Has anyone else found this after long stretches of eating primarily healthy foods?

Replies

• nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    We've been eating almost 100% clean here too for about the last two months. I've not deviated, but I know that hubby has tried to eat a few "normal" things every once in a blue moon while at work and seriously regretted it afterwards....he said it was like instant nausea and heartburn. He's started turning down food offers just because he doesn't want to feel like crap afterwards. Now we are too afraid to even attempt to eat out.......instead we spend the money that we would have spent at the restaurant to buy fancy ingredients and make our own fancy meals and desserts...and eat them "al dente" on the patio. I don't think I could bring myself to eat something not "clean" now....simply for fear of the physical consequences.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Oh, definitely. My body no longer agrees with anything fried or greasy. I can't even finish whatever food i'd eat that was bad for me. I get..poop issues and just feel disgusting afterwards.
  • karmah2771
    karmah2771 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have had this happen to me because my body wasn't used to it anymore. I have also discovered that certain foods taste better "in memory" than they do in real life. So not worth the waste of calories.
  • withoutaname
    withoutaname Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yep. I had to eat pizza yesterday (free food at work, I was hungry, forgot to bring something healthier) and now today I am definitely not handling it...
  • zagon_the_ultimate
    zagon_the_ultimate Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    in a word.....NOPE!
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Nope, enjoyed them.
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Yup - every time I go astray I get a bad stomach ache... That being said, I did find few restaurants which make food that really agrees with me - so I do go out about once a week and have a nice (calorie heavy) dinner, because I enjoy the experience :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    So I've been pretty consistent with eating clean and healthy foods for a number of weeks now, I do allow myself "unhealthy" foods once a week or every two weeks. I find that I feel pretty sick after eating highly processed or sugary foods. Has anyone else found this after long stretches of eating primarily healthy foods?

Yes! I eat pretty much what I want, but if I eat too much sugar I feel icky as heck. I make sue I eat a sugar treat now and again if it's within my calories, but I no longer eat a bunch.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    *glances at nutella mug cake*

Nope.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    It's a common reaction to eating a type of food you've not had in a long time. Has nothing to do with being 'healthy' or not.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,639 Member
    Options
    Probably no different than someone who hasn't had alcohol for awhile or someone who trains too hard when starting/restarting over after a good time off. My point is the body adapts to whatever it's being consistently exposed to for a period of time and thrown off when something "new" happens.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. Feel like I swallowed a brick. This does work well though. I try what I get a get a craving for, then later remember why I don't eat it anymore. Had a cheese burger about 6 weeks ago. Still remember that enough not to have tried another one.

I ate 1/4 of it, and about 5 shoestring fries. Finished the scraped patty for the proteins
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,639 Member
    Options
    It's a common reaction to eating a type of food you've not had in a long time. Has nothing to do with being 'healthy' or not.
    This.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    That just proves that "clean eating" makes you weak.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. Feel like I swallowed a brick. This does work well though. I try what I get a get a craving for, then later remember why I don't eat it anymore. Had a cheese burger about 6 weeks ago. Still remember that enough not to have tried another one.

I ate 1/4 of it, and about 5 shoestring fries. Finished the scraped patty for the proteins

Are cheeseburgers unhealthy?

Whelp, I'm screwed.
  • brook4980
    Options
    It's more a guilty feeling for me than a sick feeling
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I feel most well-being after candy...
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    Yes, but I felt that way before I gave them up that's why I gave them up. Feel great now. More energy, skin is better, sleeping better, heartburn is 100% better, stomach doesn't bloat and so on......
  • The_Gent_65
    Options
    Same here
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I feel better than ever after a big fat greasy burger. It's what plants crave.