What can I do at home?

Options
2»

Replies

• happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym. I try and mix it up, like others have said refresh your DVD collection with something new. I run, play volleyball twice a week and inbetween I do P90X. Even though I've been through P90X twice, I know I get results with it, so now I just mix it in with my other activities. Exercising is not always fun or something we want to get up and do, but we usually feel great afterwards and look better!
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    i have a 10 month old and a 3 year old at home .. I lift at home. Got a couple sets of weights. I've built myself a small library of work out videos ..started off with 30 day shred. I work out while my kids are awake just make sure the baby its gated off..and sometimes i burn extra cals because I have to be a ninja when she wants to climb all over me but i make it work :)
  • kateistoned
    Options
    http://www.fitnessblender.com/

Totally free workout videos that range from pilates to HIIT to strength training.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Look up "You Are Your Own Gym"
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    You can do everything at home!!

Lots of great online ideas. My fav is Zuzana - ZWOW on Youtube

I also found a great book. Called - You are your own Gym. Some great ideas for how to set up a body weight training program that uses little to no equipment.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    You could buy some dumbells and an exercise ball, those aren't too expensive. You can look up zumba routines on youtube. I know a girl who makes a playlist for zumba videos, and does them at home, or you can just turn up the music and dance around the house. Actually, I've learned that kids are the best form of exercise of all! They love to run, and be picked up, thrown around, and be held upside down, lolol. My son likes to climb on me when I'm doing planks, pushups, and situps. Just adds a little more weight. :D
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I also found a great book. Called - You are your own Gym. Some great ideas for how to set up a body weight training program that uses little to no equipment.

I recommened the same book above. Got shot down by the interwebz because apparantly advice isn't worth following unless it's free.
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Check out this book:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0345528581/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Can't vouch for it myself, but have seen strong recommendations...

No. You don't need to buy anything. There is so much free stuff on the interwebs by way of workouts and info.

Whatever Ms. Contradictory, two other posters in the thread have now recommended the same book I did.

Sometimes free advice is good. Other times you get what you pay for. Sometime paid advice is cr*p. Other times experts who really know their stuff won't give it away for free. I'm just throwing out options, I trust the OP to decide for herself.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I used home workout videos. Also, if you have a wii try Zumba, or Wii Fit, also there is one called My Fitness Coach that gives you a different workout everyday..you never do the same thing.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Check out this book:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0345528581/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Can't vouch for it myself, but have seen strong recommendations...

No. You don't need to buy anything. There is so much free stuff on the interwebs by way of workouts and info.

Whatever Ms. Contradictory, two other posters in the thread have now recommended the same book I did.

Sometimes free advice is good. Other times you get what you pay for. Sometime paid advice is cr*p. Other times experts who really know their stuff won't give it away for free. I'm just throwing out options, I trust the OP to decide for herself.

I am sorry I didn't shoot down the other posters in the same way that I shot you down. I thought that once was enough.

I agree, we can all decide for ourselves where our money is best spent, once we have considered all of the options available to us.

Do you really think that the OP would not look at your link because I said "No."