Replies

• Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Butter,
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    100g is not lw carb, it isn't even necessary to eliminate all grains from your diet.

Cook your food with healthy oils and munch on nuts and peanut butter.

Veggies have tons of fiber and If you can fit them in with your goals, beans are also a good choice.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I agree, 100g isn't that hard, it's what I find my body works best on.

Skip the toast and cereals for breakfast, have eggs instead. Vegetables have very little carbs but will help you with the fibre goals.
  • mich1902
    mich1902 Posts: 182
    Options
    Tuna chunks in spring water, drained has no carbs, very little fat, like 0.2g per 100g and has 26g protein per 100g.
  • mrsnjneer
    mrsnjneer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    THANKS FOR YOUR POST.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    And the reason they gave you for doing this is..........

Because the trainer knows eating low carb will attain fast scale weight results and make him appear a master nutritionist

For the win!

This was my thought too. Trainer will have some great B&A to show potential clients after this. Too bad most of it is not sustainable for long term.

Also, shirataki noodles are low carb, but only good in Asian noodle dishes in my opinion.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    100g of carbs a day really isn't low carb AT ALL. I found when I lowered my carbs I realized I wasn't eating enough protein.

Start looking at food labels, especially "Fat Free" or "Low Fat" items, for example yogurt. Instead of fat there is sugar for flavoring. Sugar=carbs

For snacks, try almonds, pistashios, or cashews. Make sure to portion them out so you don't underestimate. Check out Blue Diamond flavored almonds.

You could even eat bread with 100g of carbs a day. But instead of having an english muffin for breakfast, pretzels for a snack, a sub sandwich for lunch, and spaghetti for dinner, change your snacks and instead of putting your sub ingredients on bread put them on a salad.
  • deathtaco
    deathtaco Posts: 237
    Options
    If you're cutting calories for fat loss, proteins and fats should be your main priority macros due to muscle preservation and hormone control. Yes, carbs are more muscle sparing than proteins are, but that's a little irrelevant for the average person.

So all the people questioning the 'low' carbs she's on haven't even asked what her daily calorie limit is. Maybe it's only 1800 and the trainer wants her protein and fat levels to remain moderate/high to avoid muscle loss and hormonal issues.

OP:
    Don't worry about which foods are low or high carb. Just make sure you don't binge out on carbs early morning...or you're gonna have a bad time haha. I like to keep my carbs closer to dinner when I'm on <100, just so that I get the maximum fullness before bed and aren't up all night being hungry.
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    inb4 keto vs non-keto ****storm
    100 carbs won't put him in ketosis.

I think you'll find that if you mostly try to stick to meats, veggies, oils, cheese (hard cheese have fewer carbs) and steer mostly clear of too much bread and sugar you'll hit that 100 carb number pretty close. You can throw in a piece of fruit and some starchy potatoes/carrots/etc and still hit 100 carbs.

Oh and if you are looking for recipies, paleo stuff will generally be pretty low carb with whole natural foods. I like stupideasypaleo. Also pinterest!
  • davepearson86
    davepearson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Add me and misskriss3, we are low carbers and that may give you a good idea for what to eat when low carbing.

Your trainer is absolutely correct, under 100 carbs a day will get you dropping weight, BUT under 50 will get you into some serious weight loss. Just need to realize if you take the carbs OUT you're putting the FATS IN and don't go overboard on the protein since it converts to glucose in excess so you might as well have drank koolaid instead of that steak.