Fat Burners?

Options
2»

Replies

• joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Stimulants, especially the caffeine/ephedrine stack have been proven to accelerate the metabolic rate slightly. Controlled studies have proven positive effects, but other studies have also found many detrimental effects. For those with hypertension or any other issues related to cardiovascular health, this stack can be very harmful to the point of being deadly in extreme cases. The general consensus among experts is that only the very healthy should even consider the risk.

In my opinion, the rest are probably better off without it too. The positive effects do not warrant the cost, much less the risks.

A good analysis of the situation can be found by reading Lyle MacDonald's more recent books.

ETA: as far as I know, the caffeine/ephedrine stack is the only proven weight loss supplement. It may be that this is the one most studied, but I know that many, many others have been proven worthless.
  • Hollywoodgoonette
    Options
    I don't think any of them work no sugar carbs... fresh veggies fish chicken breast water water water works..
  • Joyyfull4u
    Joyyfull4u Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You should go to GNC or vitamin shoppe ask them or do your research on-line, watch youtube videos and take the bottle/brand you want to your doctor and ask your doctor if you should take it. I use RoxyLean (GNC store by BPI) and I like it a lot. It will send you to the bathroom and clean you out. Give you energy. About 30 mins later, I will get a little itch or burning sensation, which to me means it is time to workout. When I start working out the sensation goes away. I do Turbo Fire and T25 which requires some energy and I do just fine. I take one pill in the mornings on an empty stomach as directed on the bottle. I have energy all day. Suppresses my appetite, and I have an awesome workouts because of the extra energy. I am focused. I usually take them for about a week or two then stop for a week or I take them every other day and that is because I don't like taking any type of pill and I get burnt out on taking a pill. I don't take them on my down time.

Now whether it will take away your belly fat directly I don't know. It will remove excess waste/fat from the body.
  • classicalguitar1
    classicalguitar1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Very well said!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    It is recommended to exercise and diet...so...why don't you just exercise and eat at a calorie deficit and save money?

QFT
  • run2bfree
    run2bfree Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Been thinking about getting some OxyElite Pro fat burner to enhace my fat burning desire. I need to melt down all the fat in my midsection and its so hard to do. Anyone tried this or any other fat burners?

Save your money. There is no way to increase noticeably thermogenesis aside from increased activity. That aside, you cannot target specific areas of your body, such as your midsection, for fat loss. Your body tends to burn fat across your entire body, not just one area.

Get it. It works. I use it! I love it!!!