How to Sustain Motivation when You're Struggling

Options

Replies

• 6swolcott
    6swolcott Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    thank you, I have struggled with feeling alone on this journey, this will help me stay focused
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    thank you, I have struggled with feeling alone on this journey, this will help me stay focused

It is def a good read, and I have read it many times!
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I struggle with motivation and keeping my head in the game everyday. My biggest problem is that I'm all too willing to just give up rather than take a step back and look at what's really going on.

Eating for comfort has become as easy as eating for stress and boredom. All of these things are often times too difficult to examine. Taking a good look at what's really going on would mean admitting to myself that my commitment to losing weight isn't as true as I've convinced myself it is.

I'm back here again because I know this works; my hurdle is sticking with it and getting off the pity wagon. My success is only as good as my commitment. Great posts and great source of support.
  • guacamole17
    guacamole17 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bump to the bump
  • heatherc369
    Options
    I struggle with motivation and keeping my head in the game everyday. My biggest problem is that I'm all too willing to just give up rather than take a step back and look at what's really going on.

Eating for comfort has become as easy as eating for stress and boredom. All of these things are often times too difficult to examine. Taking a good look at what's really going on would mean admitting to myself that my commitment to losing weight isn't as true as I've convinced myself it is.

I'm back here again because I know this works; my hurdle is sticking with it and getting off the pity wagon. My success is only as good as my commitment. Great posts and great source of support.

I hope it helps to guide you in the right direction :)
  • CitizenMichael
    CitizenMichael Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Excellent post and one I'm commenting on so I can read again and again I know what you mean about sabotage it's usually those closest to you who say oh go on one takeaway won't hurt, I've been guilty of it myself ( hangs head in shame ) in the past as well.

Luckily my wife is very supportive and is super excited about the changes I am going through and we are about to go visit a gym together this weekend with a view to both joining it
  • anc7911
    anc7911 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! I NEEDED to read this right now. Bumping for others.
  • Ante_Up
    Ante_Up Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Great post! I struggle the most with my mind set and motivation. I need to get off this runaway train to weight gain, this post helps by pointing out what's important. Thank you! :)
  • brook4980
    Options
    Love this!
  • VfdFly
    VfdFly Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    good advice, thanks!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    The most common thing for most people is they are always looking at/for the "end" scenario...once you realize there is no actual "Finish Line" you won't feel overwhelmed to try and be perfect with your diet, eating, exercise, weightloss etc... If you truly want to be successful at this then accept it for what it should be and that's a lifestyle change...there is no perfect weight or body shape...you are human, it's okay to be human...we all fall, we all struggle and that's perfectly okay...when you do tho, don't beat yourself up over it, don't allow one rough day to turn into a bad week or a bad month or longer...get up, dust yourself off and know that the sun will come up again tomorrow...life will go on...if you have a goal, please don't wait until you get there to realize your beautiful...you're beautiful right now...chin up you amazing people...it's not a race, so enjoy the ride and expect to hit a few speedbumps along the way and if you find yourself heading in the wrong direction, simply slow down, do a U-turn and get heading back in the right direction!! Much love to you all... :)
    That is so very true!!!
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    * marking this until I can get to a printer..... I need to read these things OVER N OVER! Thanks for posting my get up n go had done got up n went..... or so I thought!
  • ASchnadelbach
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I really needed it!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    * marking this until I can get to a printer..... I need to read these things OVER N OVER! Thanks for posting my get up n go had done got up n went..... or so I thought!

I read it every couple days :)
  • klg1128
    klg1128 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Def a must read for those who havent!
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Great post!!! Really helps to keep you going!!!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Great post!!! Really helps to keep you going!!!

It does doesn't it?
  • TimElwis
    Options
    Look at before an after shots!