Will I lose weight eating this daily? Any tips?

Options

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    What is your daily plan suggestion then?

All I'm asking for is a little help.

Read the link (and all of the links in it) provided on page 1 of this thread.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I haven't. I'm just curious if I'll meet my goal this way.

If your goal is to be sick, perhaps verging on an ED, then yes. If you want to be a healthy weight, eat more.
  • xTurangaLeela
    Options
    Sure you'll meet your goal...but your hair will fall out, your periods will stop, you;ll be tired and cranky. Being 18 your body is STILL developing and the last thing you want to do is detroy it. Eat healthy. This isnt a Pro-Ana website.

I asked for TIPS. I showed you a basic day. This wouldn't be every day. I also thought this was a FRIENDLY website when all I've got is negativity.

You want a tip? Eat more than what you said. It's only negative to you because it isn't what you want to hear.

BOOM.

No.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Yes and hair and energy also
  • abickford82
    Options
    If you can't or won't eat a bunch, add some flax seed oil, chia seeds, and a few scoops of protein powder to one shake. I prefer to eat my food, but when I'm in a shake kind of mood I throw in 3 scoops of protein (420 calories, and 81g of protein). Rarely do I ever do that, but every now and then I'll have a day where I don't want to eat. Easy to get in some extra calories. Work out more, too. Workout dvds usually suck unless they're something from Beachbody or a good trainer (P90X, Insanity, etc). Especially if you sit down at a desk all day long. I'd suggest more.
  • xTurangaLeela
    Options
    I haven't. I'm just curious if I'll meet my goal this way.

If your goal is to be sick, perhaps verging on an ED, then yes. If you want to be a healthy weight, eat more.

-_-
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Sign. :ohwell:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    That sounds like what I would have eaten when I was anorexic.

You will lose, but this isn't a healthy way. This is the beginning of disordered eating. Eat a net of 1200 - 1400 calories per day, not 200 - 400. You can meet your weight goal using a vlcd (very low calorie diet), you can also ruin your skin and nails and lose your hair (sometime teeth). If you're doing it to be healthier and look more attractive, I recommend doing it in a heathier way.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Talk about poverty macros. Eat whatever you want as long as it fits.
  • ImFightingReality
    Options
    Eating like that day after day will work for a while, then your body will get used to it and you'll hit a plateau. You need more variety for constant weight loss.
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I agree that you are receiving a lot of negative comments. However, you state in your topic title, "daily" - that means every day. People are concerned, confused and a little irritated that you would try to eat like someone who has an unhealthy eating disorder. Unfortunately, negative comments are not going to help you.
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will lose weight! But don't be afraid to add some more healthy meals/snacks to your example of a day's worth of food. A little more will do more good than bad :)

You don't have to be too drastic, but you've got the right idea on healthy foods. Add some more healthy fats like nuts, seeds, avocado, cook with olive oil, etc.

Good Luck!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    please eat.
  • arielledarae
    arielledarae Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I dont know what a stone is to a pounds but I weigh 138 pounds and I'm 5'5. Im 10-13 pounds away from goal weight and here's what I'll eat on a typical day:

meal 1: 1/2 oatmeal (dry) with one scoop of protein powder

Meal 2: 1 cup of fresh fruit, usually strawberries and 6 oz of fat free greek yogurt with 1 oz almonds

Meal 3: 4-5 oz Chicken breast with one cup of green veggies

Meal 4: Whey protein with 1 serving of natural peanut butter

Meal 5: 4-5 oz Chicken breast with 1/2 cup cooked rice and 1/2 cup veggies

Meal 6: 4 oz lean ground turkey with 1 cup veggies

I am very busy also. I wake up at 4am to eat and workout (I mostly lift weights) then work from 7am to 7pm but I take the time to prepare 3 days of food to make sure I am eating enough! Hope this helps
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    1. not enough calories
    2. not enough protein
    3. not enough fat
    4. no variety = BORING

this
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    What is your daily plan suggestion then?

All I'm asking for is a little help.
    You're pretty, Leela, and I like your name! :laugh:
    A daily plan suggestion isn't likely to be helpful. We want to give you genuine help, and that genuine help is to teach you to fish instead of giving you a fish. You seem to be uneducated about nutrition, and the best advice we can give you is to *get* educated about it so that you can make good choices every day based on sound nutritional principles instead of just eating what it says on some plan and then giving up when something throws a monkey wrench into those plans one time. We're trying to help you be agile and self-sufficient.

Have a look at my diary if you like; it's public. You probably won't go wrong if you eat the same things in portions about 2/3 the size of mine (I'm big and lift weights and exercise a lot) and then throw in a couple of extra servings of fruit and vegetable on top of that.
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    I dont know what a stone is to a pounds but I weigh 138 pounds and I'm 5'5. Im 10-13 pounds away from goal weight and here's what I'll eat on a typical day:

meal 1: 1/2 oatmeal (dry) with one scoop of protein powder

Meal 2: 1 cup of fresh fruit, usually strawberries and 6 oz of fat free greek yogurt with 1 oz almonds

Meal 3: 4-5 oz Chicken breast with one cup of green veggies

Meal 4: Whey protein with 1 serving of natural peanut butter

Meal 5: 4-5 oz Chicken breast with 1/2 cup cooked rice and 1/2 cup veggies

Meal 6: 4 oz lean ground turkey with 1 cup veggies

I am very busy also. I wake up at 4am to eat and workout then work from 7am to 7pm but I take the time to prepare 3 days of food to make sure I am eating enough! Hope this helps

Thiis is a nice diary!
  • 6550mom
    6550mom Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Okay easy on the go food to up your calories...

Hard boiled eggs
    nuts
    greek yogurt with dried fruit or nutsadded
    protein bars (quest is my favorite)
    Snack pouches of guacamole and pita bread
    snack tubs of peanut butter and an apple
    Protein shakes
    granola in a bag mixed with dried fruit and nuts
    hummus and carrot sticks

Add about 4 of those choices to your day

Thank you, this is all I was asking for :)

And these are all excellent suggestions with protein and nutrients. You will feel better for it too - healthier and more energy. :)

Good luck & do try to read through some of the stickied threads here for where to begin on how to lose weight in a healthy way.
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a pathetic amount of calories. Please eat more.

^^^ This.

Sweetie, you need to eat more. Food is not the enemy. You just need to make smart choices. Weigh loss is about 80% nutrition and 20% exercise. YES, you need to exercise but you also need to eat. Food is there to FUEL your body (the engine). So please, eat more.
  • arielledarae
    arielledarae Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)