Who else loves to drink wine?

Options

Replies

• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I will take your undrunk glasses please..
  • RenshiG
    RenshiG Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    <--Loves her wine! Two glasses right before bed. Keeps me from strangling somebody. :drinker:

... maybe that is why my husband and little crumpets are still alife..... lol
  • LB2812
    LB2812 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yup :drinker: :drinker:

I do love my wine! It's so nice to settle down in the evening and relax with a glass (or 2!)...

But I really am trying to cut it back a bit... for 1.) So many calories! And I snack more when I drink more :grumble: and 2.) I want it to be a more "special treat" than an everyday thing....
    It's a work in progress though lol

Red Wines trigger my migraines which has made me sad cuz I love a nice red on a cold night :sad: But I found one that didn't give me a migraine last night so there is hope yet! :drinker:
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I love red, mostly Merlots which my colleague chastises me for
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Love me some wine. If I have a few extra calories left I will imbibe and I have been known to save a few calories if I plan to be opening a nice bottle.

What are people's favourites. We have a Riesling from a "local" vineyard. By local I mean from ontario. My husband works with the owner's daughter. Soooo good. I need to find a good red for thanksgiving this weekend.

A good red that I just tried is the Dreaming Tree - Crush. It's a red. Very fruity, and smooth. Not heavy or overpowering so should accommodate many tastes. Another is the Vina Maipo - Carmenere. It's a really nice wine too. Think this would nicely pair with food, where the other seems more like a tasty one to socially sip.

If all else fails - hit the Chile section - look for a Malbec! They are always great fabulous!

Good luck! Enjoy :)
  • SueMizZou
    SueMizZou Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I drink a nice New Zealand sauvingnon blanc. Because I cannot have grapefruit anymore due to medication. The wine fills that need. (Only joking, It is a fresh crisp white. Love it)
  • cblaramore
    cblaramore Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do, so very very much. WHY can't they invent a calorie free wine? I love my diet coke, I'm sure I could come to love the diet wine as well *implores scientists out there*

Agreed! Or at least low calorie that tastes just like it's amazing 160 cal version. I'm like you, I grew to love Diet Mt Dew I could do the same with wine! haha
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I love wine- Petit Sirah is my favourite varietal right now, but I like good quality Pinot Noir and will never say no to Amarone (kind of two ends of the spectrum, I know.) I only like whites in the summer on a patio, usually- crisp, grassy Sauv Blancs or Chenin Blancs mainly.

I really try to not overdo the alcohol these days. I used to have a glass or two almost every night (ex-bartender...) but I don't think even moderate drinking that frequently is good for my body or my mind. So wine is now a treat. I buy a bottle every six weeks or so and drink it over three nights, usually. Any longer and it starts to taste oxidized to me, although my palate isn't terribly sensitive.

I find now that I drink only rarely, it hits me much harder though. When I do drink wine (or scotch, my other weakness), I can definitely feel one glass. Which is good, I guess, because I don't want more if I'm feeling already tipsy. Certainly saves (empty) calories.
  • Someclevernesshere
    Options
    I love wine!
  • dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love wine. so very much. I prefer reds, cabernet, zinfandels, but I enjoy whites on warm summer nights too. I save my calories for my glass or five of wine. Trying to limit to 1. Problem is, once the bottle is open with reds, it doesn't keep. Box wine is good for that problem, but then I have a box of wine at the ready. Such a problem!
  • LauraElectric
    LauraElectric Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Red wine, oh yes! I just have to try to force myself not to accompany it with cheese and stick within my calories. I could never ever give up wine (or gin).
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Captain of the Riesling Army, right hyah. :drinker:

yerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr same here but Im proud that I can skip alcohol more often :)
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I've been called an alcoholic but I find that term perjorative. I like to think of myself as a connoisseur!
  • LankyYankee
    LankyYankee Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Calories from alcohol in general make me happy. But Apothic Red blend is my jam right now:drinker:
  • DrunkenFaeGirl
    Options
    I like to drink wine (or whatever else I may be in the mood for) but I try not to over do it. If I've been good and not had any all week I'll have a few on the weekends otherwise I stick to one a night.
  • pastamomma
    pastamomma Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm all in for wine! I've been a white drinkers - love those oaky Chards - but I'm developing an appreciation for a good red. Malbec, Zinfandel, Chianti, and others. The challenge with imbibing in the evening is that I also want to snack on salty things after a glass or two. So, I'm limiting, too. Limiting the number of days imbibed and glasses enjoyed at a sitting.
  • juiletflt
    juiletflt Posts: 159
    Options
    Pinot Noir, Chianti, Cabernet Sauvignon (NEVER EVER Merlot)

^^^^ YES!!! Totally agree. Along with Malbec, Shiraz/Syrah and my favorite.... Zinfandel (the dark red stuff, not that crappy rose junk).

I generally have 1-2 glasses of something most but not every night. If not wine gin, bourbon, scotch...mmmmmmm!
  • debants
    debants Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love it and will not give it up - it has to be incorporated into my eating lifestyle - I want my wine so I will gladly elimnate something else - i.e. other treats not real food and I would rather work out longer than not have any
  • Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Also a fan of the reds! Argentinian Malbecs are my current favorite, but I also love Spanish wines. I haven't had any since I started my diet just over a week ago, but when I do drink, it's normally 2 glasses or so and then I'm done (mostly because hubby immediately insists on sharing). Not as big on the whites, though, and I'm enough of a rebel that I drink red with whatever I want.

So much so that a friend of mine gave me a t-shirt dyed in red wine that reads "Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel".

Fortunately, being allergic to malt, I can't drink beer, whiskey, scotch, wine coolers, or stuff like Mike's Hard Lemonade, so I never have to worry about indulging with those. If I can't have wine, my secondary is vodka.

BTW, vodka drinkers - if you love chocolate, I HIGHLY recommend Stoli's Chocolat Razberi. OMG it is so good.
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    <---- the name says it all and my signature tune is UB40s Red Red Wine :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Although I'm now trying to limit myself to weekends only :ohwell: