Replies

• taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    3 Palomino American QH's here, all the way from Australia
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I find this timing hilarious after the horse incident on the forums yesterday.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    It's funny, riding horses was my literal introduction to the concept of "getting back on the horse" and was how my dad taught me that quitting is not okay. When my sister and I were 6 months old, our dad bought us a horse (a huge American Quarter Horse named Outpost Jubilee, but we called him Willie because he had red hair like Willie Nelson). Within 3 years, we were riding him by ourselves. I remember falling off, crying, not wanting to get back on. But my dad made me get back on every time. He always said "Leave on a good note."

I struggled mightily with that horse throughout my childhood. He was ridiculously stubborn, as was I. We also had a couple of Shetland ponies. One of them was a holy terror who hated to be ridden. We had a big chinaberry tree behind our house that had a low hanging branch. This horse ran under said branch and clotheslined me right off the back of him. And still, my dad made me get up and get back on him. Those were great times.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m5rcth1LaU1rq4roko1_500.jpg
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    There's so much innuendo in this thread I think my head might explode
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    There's so much innuendo in this thread I think my head might explode

Head-Exploding.gif
    Ditto
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    i wish i had tried horse the last time i was in France. next time i'm there i will definitely try it. i hear its very good.(Bourdain is never wrong)

It's delicious!
  • galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have a 15 year old QH Appendix and 4 year old Saddlebred/QH cross. I ride both English and Western. I have quite a bit of weight still to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    You couldn't have worse timing with this post.

Exactly what I was thinking. Horse girl now has a new meaning in my head.
  • Cowgal23
    Cowgal23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I used to have 2 Haflingers but had to sell them a few months ago, but I love the draft horses and hopefully will own some more in the near future. So I can trail ride some more. I still raise miniature donkeys and looking into hitching them back up to the cart soon and going for rides.