Frozen Tilapia...what to do, what to do

Options

Replies

• lilpix99
    lilpix99 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas!! Gonna have to give some a try. I've only tried with a parm. crust and it was yummy!!
  • Karmachka
    Karmachka Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    sorry to disappoint some people, but tilapia is actually not good for your health! a quick search on google will prove it to you. You should eat any other type of fish Except tilapia.
  • treineck
    treineck Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    mmm bump
  • MD_girl
    MD_girl Posts: 26
    Options
    My go-to is to make tilapia ceviche...onion, cucumber, tomato, cilantro, lime, salt & pepper..delish!
  • mdusha
    mdusha Posts: 4
    Options
    I make a mix of chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and spread GENEROUSLY over a filet...then put it in a pan with a bit of hot olive oil...YUM! My 20 year old son who "doesn't eat fish" loves this!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    We make a puttanesca for tilapia.

heat in a large skillet 2 tablespoons olive oil, add 6 cloves minced garlic, a pint of grape tomatoes (Santa Sweets), 12 black olives, 2 tablespoons capers, a dash of olive juice (maybe a half teaspoon) and cook until the tomatoes start to pop. Then put 4 tilapia filets on top of the mix and put the lid on. The fish will steam in the sauce in about 10 or 15 minutes, and it's delicious. Either eat as is or over pasta.
  • wolfwalker67
    Options
    I sprinkle mine with Lemmon & Herb spice and grill on my George Forman grill. also works for salmon. :smile:
  • Lotusstarr
    Lotusstarr Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... Not one recipe like how I've been doing it... Amazing... I'm also a new fish person, I wouldn't eat it when I was a kid so I'm learning

It's super easy I throw the frozen filet's in a bag over night with a couple tablespoons of local honey, and some lime juice... occasionally I'll add a bit of white wine.... the next night I'll lightly flour it maybe add some black pepper and garlic powder.. gently pan fry it for about 3 mins on either side ..super yum!

PS I'm a serial new food person, I just can't stand eating the same old thing all the time...I so far think Tilapia is my favorite of all I've tried, I'm pretty sure I only like raw Salmon, Mahi is pretty good but need some new recipes, wasn't a fan of Trout or Grouper.... Unfortunately I'm in the Mountains so it makes it hard to get a good selection..
  • sapphire318
    sapphire318 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    bmp
  • pastabelly
    pastabelly Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Yes please!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Parm crusted Tilapia from Hungry Girl
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I like to season with old bay or lemon pepper., wrap them in foil and toss on the grill. I then grill asparagus and zuchinni to have with it.
  • _amluvstld_
    Options
    A little bit of garlic, lemon juice and a small pat of butter on top. 5-6 minutes under the broiler and they are delish!
  • AnaVerasGettingFit
    AnaVerasGettingFit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bump
  • faithoverfailure
    faithoverfailure Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    pan fry with olive oil. I season my tilapia with lemon pepper seasoning with a pinch or two of fresh lemon juice. It is sooo delicious:)
  • joyce0624
    joyce0624 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MissyPoo2013
    MissyPoo2013 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • awanderingsoul22
    awanderingsoul22 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bump!