Soda.. "diet" soda..

Options
Does anyone know if there are any "diet" sodas that are sweetened with stevia instead of aspartame? Sometimes I like that sizzle of a cold pop.. but REALLY can't afford the calories..

Replies

• annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Would you get that sizzle satisfied from fizzy water? You get your water, you get your fizzy and no-cals. :)
  • dosha55
    dosha55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Zevia sodas. You can buy at Whole Foods, Raley's, even Target. Best selection is Whole Foods. The sodas are expensive, usually 5.99 for a 6 pack.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Stevia? That stuff will kill you. :noway:

Okay, I may be confused by something I saw on Breaking Bad...:smokin:
  • Artaxia
    Artaxia Posts: 185
    Options
    Sadly all of that sugar is bad for you. However, sobe has some drink that has stevia in it. I only found that out because my boyfriend bought it for me when I was pregnant and I threw a huge hissy fit because it was fake sugar :P

Coke has some that's sweetened with splenda.

Honestly, I just go for the fizzy water. :)
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options

Ha! I see what you did there.
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Holy Soda is made with stevia.
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options

That takes away getting peoples personal experience w/ said drink Thanks tho!
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    Would you get that sizzle satisfied from fizzy water? You get your water, you get your fizzy and no-cals. :)

I'm not a big fan of fizzy water. Or the fizzy lemon kind my husband raves about.
  • sarah_maria_k
    Options

That's the first thing that pops into my mind when I hear about stevia ????
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Unless it tastes like Diet Mountain Dew, I don't want it. Aspartame be damned! :)
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Why not just drink regular diet soda?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I cant think of the name for the life of me, but at whole foods they sell a stevia sweetened soda.

Zevia!!! It's called zevia. My dad offered me a cherry flavored one and it was pretty good. Not usually a fan of stevia, but this was tasty.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    pepsi one is with splenda as well
  • tchi31
    tchi31 Posts: 2
    Options
    I don't do "diet" soda very often as it caused me some issues in the past. I do like DRY soda though. It has the fizziness and is sweetened with real sugar, just less of it. One bottle is typically 70 or less calories and comes in flavors like Blood Orange, Lime, Lavender, Vanilla.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options

That's the first thing that pops into my mind when I hear about stevia ????
    Shhhhhh!!!

Also, the stevia soda seems like it gives me a tummyache. Mind you, I have a cast-iron stomach and swill the "regular" diet stuff all the livelong day, so maybe it's just because it's different from normal? But I can and do eat all kinds of out of the ordinary stuff and no probalo, but the stevia soda is not so good, Al...
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    if you only drink it very occasionally, then just have a regular soda.
  • mollyb1018
    Options
    I avoid diet soda at all costs. Artificial sweetener is so hard to steer clear from! It's everywhere! I enjoy Zevia soda once in a while but, it is expensive as someone else mentioned. It also contains Erythritol, which I'm not crazy about. I wish it was pure Stevia. :o) At any rate, I don't drink soda often, so I normally drink regular, made with REAL sugar soda, like Pepsi Throwback or Sierra Mist.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Unless it tastes like Diet Mountain Dew, I don't want it. Aspartame be damned! :)

That's my favorite diet soda too.
  • mama2redhead
    mama2redhead Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Blue sky makes some stevia sodas that I like better than zevia. I get mine off amazon.