How Do U Get Your Cals for ThanksGiving Dinner?

Options

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    This year I'm aiming for 10,000 calories. I'll be on a cruise so it shouldn't be hard. I plan on logging it all, because I'm OCD like that.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat all the things.

I may log them.

I won't eat less the rest of the week to fit it in

I won't work out extra to make up the calories.

I will enjoy every bite.
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I admit that I've been planning my menu because I am going to eat what I want for one day. It will be glorious and I won't even attempt to log it. I will have way too many carbs and love every second of it.

Then the next day I'll feel like poo and get back on track.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat like there's no tomorrow. I'll try to guesstimate the totals, but I'm not going to obsess over it. I should be at my goal weight by then, so I'll be in maintenance anyway. Hopefully. :wink:
  • Marsidote
    Marsidote Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    it's Thanksgiving. i'm gonna eat, i'm gonna enjoy time with my family, and i'm gonna watch football. i'm not counting one damn thing.

it's one day. no one got fat because they over ate on one day.

RAVENS VS. STEELERS! Go RAVENS :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Face to plate with a fork as an option.
  • agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'll log it. Chances are that I cooked everything that I ate, so I know what's in it. No dessert or stuffing or alcohol for me, so that saves most of the calories. Basically I'm going to eat all the turkey and veggies that I want and some cranberry fruit salad for dessert, and I don't really have to worry about eating too much of any of that.
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    This year I'm aiming for 10,000 calories. I'll be on a cruise so it shouldn't be hard. I plan on logging it all, because I'm OCD like that.

enjoy soooo jealous!!!!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I don't log it. I'll eat like 6,000 calories. It will be awesome. And then the next day I'll go right back to my normal routine of healthier food and exercise. That's how I lost, that's how I maintain.
    This almost exactly, because it'll be more like 3000 calories for me. :) I'll probably just throw a quick add calories on my diary for 3000 calories and move on.
  • UKMarjie
    UKMarjie Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Running and Jacob's ladder. But in the immortal words of Rhett Butler - Frankly my dear I don't give a damn! <that is not my every day motto but it is on high holidays. Which incidentally only last for ONE day. That is the key. If you do a splurge then you need to be sure it is one day and not all the days ever.

Log it. Love it. Move on and do what you have to do. One day is ok, but unless you intend to chop down forests or run marathons EVERY day you can't eat like that all the time.

Enjoy your turkey!
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Great question! Hadn't thought about it. I suppose this and my birthday are the two days to cut loose. Heck, go over by 2000 and I'll still net it out after 4 days at a deficit...
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    It's only one day out of the year; don't sweat it!

BTW: OP=Very attractive!!
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I get my Thanksgiving dinner calories by...eating them. I logged last year; may or may not log this year.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I will probably log Breakfast & lunch will either have to be a bunch of guessing or just not log. I'm not going to go hog wild, but I am definitely going to eat some of my favorite foods.
  • TammyW18
    TammyW18 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I do not log on Thanksgiving,Christmas, or Easter
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am stoked for Thanksgiving this weekend (yay for Canada). I plan on portioning but not limiting and I'll definitely be logging it.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I'll just eat a regular portion. My MIL isn't a very good cook so I don't need to worry about over indulgence. :-)

*** I know how you feel **** :laugh: :blushing:
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    On My Birthday, Easter and Thanksgiving... I eat and log a normal breakfast and lunch and then just quick add calories for dinner+dessert+drinks

On Christmas... I will go wild and not log anything
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I eat clean & don't worry about the calories.
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    I eat clean & don't worry about the calories.
    Because "clean" food can't make you fat due to all the fairy dust in it....