Friends to actually talk to and encourage!

Options

Replies

• dairro
    dairro Posts: 1
    Options
    I just rejoined with a fresh start - so I'd love some friends to support and talk with; I need the support and motiviation.

:) Please add me.
  • michelegurr
    michelegurr Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi! I will interact with you! LOL: I just joined myfitnesspal like less than a week ago...came off basically a starvation diet, the hubbers is like dude if you don't just go and eat some chocolate I'm gonna kill you in your sleep! LOL In other words, he'd rather have my chunky and be able to stand having me around (guess I get a little testy when I have no chocolate! This is for bluebubble: dude try dipping bacon in your nutella holy crap! YUM!). I set a pretty reasonable goal, started at 187 or 187.5, only aimed for 170 because I'm so dang tired of diet disappointment! So I am already halfway there! in 5 days! So maybe I WILL set a lower goal - I decided I could live with being 170...now I just may shoot for 150 which is what I weighed when I got married 17 years ago!

My inspiration is my niece, who joined myfitnesspal in june of 2012, and lost 90 lbs so far!

SO I have someone I know well personally who this has worked for so yup I'm on board! (Oh yeah my other inspiration was um I just turned 50 and well figured since it's all downhill from here if I weighed less I might not roll quite so fast! HAHA

So welcome and we will all do better if we support each other and maybe a lil friendly competition!

One last thing: Make sure you go to settings and allow the rest of us at myfitnesspal to see your food diary: 1) makes ya more accountable if you know you are being watched moohaha and 2) if we get to a boring stretch we can look at our friends' food choices n go hey THAT looks yummy and try it ourselves! Good luck - let us know what we can do to help!
  • loral15
    loral15 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I'm getting ready to transition to maintenance and would love to get and give encouragement!
  • carblover79
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! Add me too!
  • Tashia_HH
    Tashia_HH Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Add me..I need people to encourage me and support me. It's tough to do this as it is...so any advice and encouragement helps.
  • Dan_NY_27
    Dan_NY_27 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you! looking for friends on here to keep one another motivated! People add me please!
  • indarican
    Options
    I would love it if you add me!! i need some encouragement too!!
  • LauraCarlson86
    Options
    add me! i will encourage and would love to have people to talk to and help motivate!!
  • Truegoddess22
    Truegoddess22 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I've stopped and started this journey so many times it's not funny. I'll get the motivation and stay with it for about a week or so and then I'm right back to eating junk and being lazy! I'll motivate you, if you motivate me!
  • Tish
    Tish Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I really want to get to know other people better we are all going through similar journeys and we should share our good days and bad!!
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me! I love chatting with my MFP friends! The support is great :blushing:
  • staceymae19
    Options
    You can also add me... Im on here everyday :)

Stacey
  • missbutton82
    missbutton82 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Ya'll please feel free to add me too. The more friends the merrier! And I do post on people's progress a lot! :) Best of luck!!
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options
    anyone feel free to add me. I need more friends who talk!
  • mrmartoon
    mrmartoon Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar situation.

feel free to add me and anyone else can add me as well. Suportive friends to chat with would be good.
  • marcylynn78
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I seem to be the only one posting on my own thread & no one seems to comment, although I really don't have a lot of friends at the moment!
  • alisonsayers
    Options
    I'll help (and I need it, too!)
  • SweetPea482
    SweetPea482 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    i love chatty friends! feel free to add me! i may have to add some of you as well!!
  • nrjackson84
    nrjackson84 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Everyone add me! Most of my friends are too quiet for me as well! I have lost 55 lbs but still have about 60 to go. I am definitely looking for encouragement and motivation :)
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Although I have fun and am a bit inappropriate at time, (as are some of my friends), I do try to offer support...
This discussion has been closed.