Protein Brownies (Entire BATCH <800 calories!)

Options

Replies

• errorika
    errorika Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    bump! How big was the pan you used?
  • suzmedder
    suzmedder Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump to get into my topics!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!
  • kmartinko
    kmartinko Posts: 114
    Options
    Thanks for posting. These sound great!! I'll have to give it a try. How many does it make? I would imagine 9-12.
  • pdipoajayi
    pdipoajayi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bump to save
  • marx4
    marx4 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    sounds great! thanks
  • fitmusiclifeviola
    Options
    Really only 50 mL almond milk? That's like a few tablespoons...do you cook the oats with water first like is listed in the recipe breakdown. Seems low on liquid...

I note to swap in a 100% whey protein (the kind w/o added sweeteners/flavors) one would need to add a little more sweetener, and perhaps a bit more cocoa powder. Will give it a try! (oh I also bet it would taste better with Fage 0% than Chobani! more protein too.)
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    bump. and I shall add reese's pieces. Yep.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    bumping for recipe
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Do these fit in an 8x8 brownie pan? Or do you make them like cookies?

Brownie pan for me! :smile:
    sounds good, need to try... though I wonder how essential for the taste almond milk is. you cannot buy it here and somehow I do not exactly fancy making it from scratch for the sake of the 50ml needed for the recipe.

Most likely the OP did not include almond milk for taste as much as it is for saving on the calories. You could use whatever type of milk you like.

Yep, it just happened to be the milk I had open at the time :laugh:
    Bump! How big was the pan you used?

Uhmm...I can't measure it right now but it wasn't enormous. I just guessed by the amount of batter that was in the bowl. They're pretty dense so aren't going to overflow when the bicarbonate of soda kicks in.
    Thanks for posting. These sound great!! I'll have to give it a try. How many does it make? I would imagine 9-12.

I cut it into 8 rather large ones, because I'm piggy like that. But I reckon 10 would be a good in terms of normal-sized portions.
    Really only 50 mL almond milk? That's like a few tablespoons...do you cook the oats with water first like is listed in the recipe breakdown. Seems low on liquid...

I note to swap in a 100% whey protein (the kind w/o added sweeteners/flavors) one would need to add a little more sweetener, and perhaps a bit more cocoa powder. Will give it a try! (oh I also bet it would taste better with Fage 0% than Chobani! more protein too.)

No, I don't cook the oats. I just ground them into flour. I just logged it that way because it was on my recent foods list (and a lot of MFP entries include milk with oats). As for the amount of milk, the egg whites seem to add a lot of moisture so not much was needed. In fact, if anything I think the batter turned out a little wet for me, so some recipe tinkering may be needed >.<

We don't have Fage where I am, but best of luck to you with your brownies :flowerforyou:
  • minimaggie
    minimaggie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fitmusiclifeviola
    Options
    Do these fit in an 8x8 brownie pan? Or do you make them like cookies?

Brownie pan for me! :smile:
    sounds good, need to try... though I wonder how essential for the taste almond milk is. you cannot buy it here and somehow I do not exactly fancy making it from scratch for the sake of the 50ml needed for the recipe.

Most likely the OP did not include almond milk for taste as much as it is for saving on the calories. You could use whatever type of milk you like.

Yep, it just happened to be the milk I had open at the time :laugh:
    Bump! How big was the pan you used?

Uhmm...I can't measure it right now but it wasn't enormous. I just guessed by the amount of batter that was in the bowl. They're pretty dense so aren't going to overflow when the bicarbonate of soda kicks in.

I cut it into 8 rather large ones, because I'm piggy like that. But I reckon 10 would be a good in terms of normal-sized portions.

No, I don't cook the oats. I just ground them into flour. I just logged it that way because it was on my recent foods list (and a lot of MFP entries include milk with oats). As for the amount of milk, the egg whites seem to add a lot of moisture so not much was needed. In fact, if anything I think the batter turned out a little wet for me, so some recipe tinkering may be needed >.<

We don't have Fage where I am, but best of luck to you with your brownies :flowerforyou:

Okay, thanks for the clarification on the liquid. Looking forward to om nom nom all of it.
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    saving this! Thanks!
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    bump? is it good to eat a whole thing of brownies at once--I likely would.
  • MacMomma2013
    MacMomma2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Saving this for my next chocolate craving.
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    saving for later. Thanks
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Looks awesome!
  • TendaiMa
    TendaiMa Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bump...Thank You!