diet pills, shakes, meal replacements ....

Options
OK i"m curious how many people on here use one of these to help your weight loss ... ..because i ran across a couple people promoting some weight loss replacements and i got a lil annoyed ...guess i was naive cz i figured most on here did it the old fashion way..

ok wait , i realize everyone has there own journey and im not saying anything against the people who do ..im just curious to how many on this site actually take something ALL the time to help them...

Replies

• Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I don't put diet pills and using a shake/smoothie for a meal in the same category.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I use EAS AdvantEdge protein drinks pretty frequently. 100-110 cal, 17g of protein, 2g net carbs. I work long hours some days and don't get a chance to actually stop to eat- these things are great for times like that, especially. I used to just not eat at all, by time I would get home in the evening, I wanted to eat my arm.
  • PCOS_Gal
    Options
    Use them all and all of them have worked for me.
  • tlcampos
    tlcampos Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    ok ... i put both just because it something that could help you ...didnt say it was good for you cz if anything it messes with your heart in the long run.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I don't do meal replacements, but I do take supplements and occassionally have a protein shake.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    if anything it messes with your heart in the long run.

So does being obese. Or even overweight. Not to mention eating food that isn't good for you.
  • tlcampos
    tlcampos Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    true true... i was talking about the pills in regards to messing with your heart
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit + exercise = free success.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm just using vitamins and protein powder (Muscle Pharm). Not really focused on losing at the moment, either; taking a "maintenance and fitness break". I'll go back to losing soon, just not at the moment, as I want to build my strength and endurance. I noticed during my weight loss that I was slipping on my strength, and I did not want that.

When I started my fitness journey, I used a popular over-the-counter appetite suppressant and caffeine pill. It helped with my focus but definitely didn't need it, I lost just fine when I got off it and started saving my money for other things.
  • BabyNurseJen
    BabyNurseJen Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I use EAS AdvantEdge protein drinks pretty frequently. 100-110 cal, 17g of protein, 2g net carbs. I work long hours some days and don't get a chance to actually stop to eat- these things are great for times like that, especially. I used to just not eat at all, by time I would get home in the evening, I wanted to eat my arm.

How are they? I'd like a shake that's not full of sugar that I can enjoy on occasion when I'm on the run with my toddler or at work between patients in the middle of the night.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit + exercise = free success.

This every time. It amazes me STILL how people want to take short cuts for weight loss.
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I don't do pills but will occasionally have a shake or a protein drink or a protein bar- especially in the a.m. when I am running late for work-- don't eat well for Bfast and these are a quick go to.
  • Dougf90
    Dougf90 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Shakes and meal replacements are just another form of calories, if it's something you enjoy eating/drinking and it helps you hit your goals... then great! But at the end of the day it's just calories and p/c/f. Protein shakes are definitely useful in hitting your protein goals if you can't do it with actual food... but I don't like drinking my calories all that much.

Pills: I'm not going to get into ones that do or don't work. In my opinion, it boils down to how spot on your diet and exercise routine is. That will be 95% of your results, IF the diet pills are effective, they'll be no more than 5% of your results at best. If you're not giving it your all with diet and exercise... don't even bother with the pills. Again, just my opinion!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I replace meals with meals. That is all. Sometimes I drink a shake because they can be delicious.
  • nikkiclaire123
    Options
    i used to do meal replacements when i had to get up for work at 5am and couldnt force something to eat. i couldnt do them now though. i need something solid in my stomach otherwise it drives me crazy
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    OK i"m curious how many people on here use one of these to help your weight loss ... ..because i ran across a couple people promoting some weight loss replacements and i got a lil annoyed ...guess i was naive cz i figured most on here did it the old fashion way..

ok wait , i realize everyone has there own journey and im not saying anything against the people who do ..im just curious to how many on this site actually take something ALL the time to help them...
    None of the above. I actually did try meal replacement for a while but the problem was that instead of being "replacement" it became additive. I gained 10 pounds! :smile:

I used protein shakes for a while but stopped that too. I don't consume anything now except good food.
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I drink an Atkins shake every day for breakfast. Works for me.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    NO

:noway:
  • LaJuana64
    LaJuana64 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started on Herbalife and lost over 10 lbs in about 5 weeks, along with Insanity-like exercise. I have switched over to a GNC product - GNC Pro Performance AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60. I have been using this product going on 2 weeks and it has given me energy and works well with rebuilding after a workout. It does not work well for me as a meal replacement, so I am going to be purchasing Total Soy (I'm lactose intolerant) and see how that works. I did 2 shakes a day on Herbalife (breakfast and dinner) with a healthy (clean) meal at lunch, which basically consisted of a salad with protein. I would have a protein bar as a snack when needed. I also used the Herbalife multi-vitamin and 2 other supplements to lose the weight. I am now at the point where I want to maintain - the reason I switched from Herbalife product was because it can get expensive and I wanted to try something else......hope this helps!:smile:
  • amcclellan73
    amcclellan73 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Two weeks ago I started a program under a doctors care. I am taking a diet pill and tracking calories.
    This is the first time I have ever taken a diet pill in my life. Any questions for me? Feel free to ask.