October 2013 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,214 Member
    Options
    Those last few miles were bothering me, so I went ahead and completed them...so I thought. I brought my bike in and was going to post my numbers and I had .10 mile left. Grrr. I hopped on the treadmill and did .15 miles, but that brought today's total to 6.66 miles and I didn't like that number, so I hopped back on the treadmill.

That's too funny! Made me laugh! :laugh:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,214 Member
    Options
    OK, it's official. I have Peroneal Brevis tendonitis. Anyone have any good remedies? I can hardly walk this morning and stairs are right out. I haven't tried the bike yet to see if I can do that or not but it's only 28 degrees outside and I'm going to wait to try the bike until the ice melts a bit.
  • MMoriarty2013
    Options
    14.81 miles so far

exercise.png
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    14 so far!
  • stacysum
    Options

exercise.png
  • kakiem
    kakiem Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    In Germany at the moment so hoping to get lots of walking in sightseeing!

Fitbit: 36.46 miles

exercise.png
  • pigote
    pigote Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Fri 10/11 5.33 Miles walking today - 29.0

exercise.png
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Options
    Those last few miles were bothering me, so I went ahead and completed them...so I thought. I brought my bike in and was going to post my numbers and I had .10 mile left. Grrr. I hopped on the treadmill and did .15 miles, but that brought today's total to 6.66 miles and I didn't like that number, so I hopped back on the treadmill. :laugh:

LOLOL! I can sooooo relate! :laugh::laugh:
  • darkrider42
    Options
    OK, it's official. I have Peroneal Brevis tendonitis. Anyone have any good remedies? I can hardly walk this morning and stairs are right out. I haven't tried the bike yet to see if I can do that or not but it's only 28 degrees outside and I'm going to wait to try the bike until the ice melts a bit.

OH NO!! :frown: Sorry to hear that my friend. I don't know it specifically by that name, but I've had achilles tendonitis and it's nooo fun. Just as bad as Plantar Fasciitis in my opinion. I treated it much the same way. RICE (Rest, Ibuprofen, Compression with an ace bandage and Elevation) plus VERY* gentle calf & hamstring stretching after I could tolerate it pain-wise. If you have a footsplint to keep your foot flexed like is worn for PF, I'd recommend wearing it and purchasing one if you don't. Wear it during the day if pain is severe enough, but especially at night while you sleep. If you're having trouble walking, I'd advise giving it a day or rest before you even try biking. Hope you get relief soon!

Dave
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Darkrider - Great Job updating this challenge! it is a lot of work and it does not go unnoticed
    (Plus the other updaters Bluiz, Dinos and any I don't know yet)

milestone - 25 Weekdays in a row getting up between 5:15 and 5:30 and

Moving it!

Friday - 3.1 - Run/Walk + Walk

Total Miles for October: 61.5 miles

exercise.png
  • tanyamac13
    tanyamac13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    fitbit says... 37.25/150. Better get my butt in gear this weekend. I'm a litte bit behind. and I'm not including biking. Just walking! eek!
    Happy Turkey weekend to my Canadian challengers!!
  • lysslax
    lysslax Posts: 64
    Options
    I forgot to post on the original, but can you add me to the challenge??? I've hit my goals the last 2 months (50 miles, 65 miles), so I'd like to increase to 75 miles of running this month!

Here's my ticker as of today, I think I'm just about on track:

exercise.png

23724452.png
  • darkrider42
    Options
    =======================
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

www.tinyurl.com/mgtpplu
    =======================

@GOLDIEJOE - Nice job! Almost 9 miles on the treadmill!!!

@TAXMOM9093 - LOL at CDO!! :laugh::laugh: Also...thank you and AMEN to your quote. Reminds me of the one "Life is what happens while you're waiting to get one." Don't wait....do it TODAY. :flowerforyou:

@LABOLES16 - You can do it! Maybe this weekend would be a good time for some catch-up miles on a bike or something... :wink:

@TLACOX1 - So sorry to hear you're sick!!! :frown: Hope you feel better soon and please DO come back next month (or sooner) when you're ready!

@RENROC57 - Sorry, I somehow forgot to get back to you, but @TEAMAMELIA is correct. :) That is the purpose of the Challenge, you are welcome to join and I'll shoot you some info, and lastly, the title of the Challenge is so worded as not to offend any of the wide variety of our participants which, as of this writing, number 178. :flowerforyou:

@TEAMAMELIA - Loved your post to our fellow participants and that you have a FOODANDEXERCISE spreadsheet! :wink: I also looked at your profile and LOVED your account of how you progressed in the C25K program with running longer and longer. :heart: It's exciting to see your success! Every minute added to a run interval before and now every minute shaved off your 5K time is a wonderful accomplishment! I'm currently working my way through my own similar self-made program, albeit a little more slowly. But I am seeing results and am quite happy with where I'm at. :smile:

@SHANNONBOHL - Have fun in SINGAPORE!!! :happy:

@SPEEDYF - WOW, just WOW.... :noway: I haven't run that fast since I was 19 and still in the Marine Corps! Juuuust a couple years ago.....okaaaay...32 years... :laugh: And a hearty THUMBSUP to winter running from this guy too!

@FLANARY888 & @DEGAN2011 - That's two more people....ON THE BOARD!!!! :drinker:

@KAKIEM - And you're traveling too! Have a great time in GERMANY!!! :happy:

@LYSSLAX - Welcome back!!! Got you down! :smile:

Ya'll are doing GREAT!!! 5,632 miles moved so far this month! And with that, I'm off to the gym to add some more!!
    smiley-sport015.gif
    Dave
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    11.45 miles riding at lunch...
    110.49/200 complete
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Added 3 more beach walks the past three days for an additional 9.5 miles. This brings me to 25.5 / 50 for October - HOO-RAH, just past the half-way mark!!!
  • Jcsmith5210
    Jcsmith5210 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    5more to keep me in the green.
    exercise.png
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Oct 1 -- Speed walk 4.3
    Oct 2 -- Basketball 2.1
    Oct 3 -- Walk 1.5, Strength training 0
    Oct 4 -- Walk 2