I eat 1700+ and lost weight, real results

Options

Replies

• suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Truly inspirational:) I have always grossed around 1700-1800 and lost 26 pounds until now! Taking it very slow right now as I am very close to goal. This is the only time weight loss has been so much fun :drinker:
  • Nenny1985
    Nenny1985 Posts: 122
    Options
    thats awesome. Great work. You look fab. thanks for sharing. im a big believer in eating that way too.life is for living after all. All the best!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Awesome ladies! So proud to be in your sensible and successful club. :drinker:
  • Maureen214
    Maureen214 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    These are very encouraging results!! Thanks for posting!! I was in the old mentality that MFP told me to eat 1660 and I "only" lost 16 pounds in 6 weeks and then "gained" 5 yesterday day before my period started so should drop down to 1300-1400. But now I see once again. It's my stupid period and will come off in a few days and may be slow and steady since I'm past my initial few weeks where I tend to lose a little faster. So staying at the 1660 is comfortable and even if it avgs now to a pound a week. I'll still be at 25-30 pound lose by Christmas which will be my lowest in 5-7 years.

Thanks for posting
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pictures, but I'm 5'4", 117 pounds, too sedentary for my liking at the moment (the studying never ends)... and I'm still slowly losing weight while eating around 1600-1800 calories per day, sometimes more, but not less. I hit my macro/micronutrient goals, I structure my diet as much as possible, I eat plenty of vegetables and lean proteins, etc... but hey, I'm in college, I can eat doughnuts at midnight if I want to.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You all look amazing! congratts!!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I love reading these success stories where people EAT and lose weight. It is so inspiring!

You all look fantastic, by the way.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pictures, but I'm 5'4", 117 pounds, too sedentary for my liking at the moment (the studying never ends)... and I'm still slowly losing weight while eating around 1600-1800 calories per day, sometimes more, but not less. I hit my macro/micronutrient goals, I structure my diet as much as possible, I eat plenty of vegetables and lean proteins, etc... but hey, I'm in college, I can eat doughnuts at midnight if I want to.

I eat a lot of ice cream. About half a cup a night, sometimes more. I make my protein, I make my fat, I eat my veggies and make sure my micros are in a good place, and then I eat my ice cream.

Life is too short to eat small amounts of boiled chicken and broccoli. Unless you enjoy that kind of thing. But either way the weight will come off.
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    Current body fat: 27.6% (taken with Accu-Measure calipers)
    I don't know my starting bf, but my starting weight was 201.
    Current weight: 156
    Goal weight: 150
    When I started, my calorie goal was to net 1,650. Since then, MFP has reset it twice. It's currently at 1,430.
    Since the beginning I've aimed to lose only a half-pound per week. Even with my current slowdown this close to goal, my average is still .78 lb/week.
    I rely on fresh produce, whole grains, and lean proteins (with the occasional exceptions of cheddar and peanuts, consumed separately).
    This is the lowest my weight has been in over a decade. :-)
    I don't have a true "before" picture, but here's a series of "during" shots:
    9721587665_43eeb35734_o.jpg
  • JBnyc99
    JBnyc99 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Lots of Badass in this thread! Great job, ladies, you all look wonderful.

For me,...my somewhat-current pic is to the left. If need be, to visualize my before pic,...add on 40 pounds with almost the same arms, legs and neck,...but sporting the lovely look and glow as if I was 8 months pregnant,...with twins.

Average of my last 31 days,...2684 daily cals, This is very close to what I've done most of this year, and I continue to lose.

Thanks for sharing!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    When I started, my calorie goal was to net 1,650. Since then, MFP has reset it twice. It's currently at 1,430.
    Since the beginning I've aimed to lose only a half-pound per week. Even with my current slowdown this close to goal, my average is still .78 lb/week.
    I rely on fresh produce, whole grains, and lean proteins (with the occasional exceptions of cheddar and peanuts, consumed separately).
    :flowerforyou:
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    fUugOJZ.jpg
  • Achrya
    Options

Amazing progress!
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    That's great! Its always good to see people finding what works for them, and you're right that you don't have to starve yourself, I eat anywhere from 1200-2000 calories, but average around 1600-1700 over the course of a week. Some people freak out if I tell them that I on a particular day I only ate 1200-1300, but if they looked at my averages and paid attention to what I actually said, they'd see that was ONE day of the week, not the norm.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Around 2200cals a day with a 2900cal refeed once a week and in a cut at the moment
    ETA:5 8"-5 9", I am not tall.

VTQwwgZ.jpg

zQpUzKn.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I want to point out that Ophidion is a vegan...VEGAN. So those who are vegan/vegetarians - there is no excuse not to be able to eat more than 1000 or 1200. :flowerforyou:
  • Achrya
    Options
    I want to point out that Ophidion is a vegan...VEGAN. So who are vegan/vegetarians....there is no excuse not to be able to eat more than 1000 or 1200. :flowerforyou:

Bookmarking this for future "I can't eat anymore cause vegetables" use. From now on I shall reply with "Bull! Look at this guy! Be more Vegan badass like him, plzkthx"
  • AlteredSkates
    AlteredSkates Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Around 2200cals a day with a 2900cal refeed once a week and in a cut at the moment

VTQwwgZ.jpg

zQpUzKn.jpg

You are amazing!
    Everyone here is doing such a great job!
    Keep up the great work, I'm very proud! :drinker:
  • xerothermic
    Options
    That's great! Its always good to see people finding what works for them, and you're right that you don't have to starve yourself, I eat anywhere from 1200-2000 calories, but average around 1600-1700 over the course of a week. Some people freak out if I tell them that I on a particular day I only ate 1200-1300, but if they looked at my averages and paid attention to what I actually said, they'd see that was ONE day of the week, not the norm.

No people are freaking out because you congratulated the girl who eats under 1200 calories and burns 75% of those and bragged about/ condoned doing the same thing.
    Congrats on a job well done. Today I ate 1311 calories, I burned 870 in exercise, which means I netted 441 calories, but I still ate over 1200. Usually I eat closer to 1600, but then I'm still heavy enough to burn 3000 or more TDE.

Do what works for you. You exercised hard, which probably will help maintain your metabolism, and it looks like you had some guidance from cross fit instructors (based on your photos), just be sure to increase slowly when you reach goal so you can watch your body's response.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I eat 1600 to 1900 depending on my day.

I am 5'11 and am 42 years old.

Before
    47819967_2825.jpg
    47819967_2220.jpg

after....or i guess you could say during
    47819967_3434.jpg
    47819967_9018.jpg
    47819967_9445.jpg

Oh, and in the top pics I was around 235 and 222
    and in the bottom pics I am between 185 and 187

I dont know my body fat...i dont really care...just intend to keep kicking *kitten*.

great job op and good lord!!!! so sexy. ^