Why are so few people aware of this?

Options

Replies

• 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Double shot of espresso + 1 teaspoon of THIS HERSHEY'S LIFESAVING DRUG + 1 packet of stevia + 1/2 cup of frothed milk = Sugar-free mocha cappuccino that tastes better than $tarbucks.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    This is better...

hersheys-special-dark-cocoa-35683.jpg
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    i wish we had this in the UK :( haha I'll have to look around for an alternative!
    thanks for sharing though :)
    <3

We do. It's bog standard cocoa powder and a load of Americans are acting as if it's something new and strange.

Really? Is plain cocoa powder really a revelation to so many Americans?

I've found, when not sweetening it (eg for my overnight oats), a little cinnamon helps take off the bitter edge.

Right?!? Where have these people been that they have never heard of cocoa powder. It's been around over 100 years!

Thick as phuk
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    i wish we had this in the UK :( haha I'll have to look around for an alternative!
    thanks for sharing though :)
    <3

We do. It's bog standard cocoa powder and a load of Americans are acting as if it's something new and strange.

Really? Is plain cocoa powder really a revelation to so many Americans?

I've found, when not sweetening it (eg for my overnight oats), a little cinnamon helps take off the bitter edge.

Yeah, I was second guessing myself, thinking this was some new type of cocoa powder and it isn't. OP just learned about it. The rest of us who grew up with it are all like, wtf dude; welcome to the 20th century.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Cocoa = Vomit. I'll stick with plain whites and vanilla protein, thanks.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Cocoa = Vomit. I'll stick with plain whites and vanilla protein, thanks.

Cant agree more
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    This is better...

I have to get this. I eat all of the Special Darks out of the bag of minis before anyone else can get them. :bigsmile:
  • Grayhare7
    Grayhare7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is also great in plain greek yogurt or organic yogurt. Add a packet of Truvia and it satisfies my sweet/chocolate craving.
  • RBurnham90
    RBurnham90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Double shot of espresso + 1 teaspoon of THIS HERSHEY'S LIFESAVING DRUG + 1 packet of stevia + 1/2 cup of frothed milk = Sugar-free mocha cappuccino that tastes better than $tarbucks.

That sounds bomb I'm gonna make that some time. Thanks
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Not a huge chocolate fan, but I would like some of these suggestions, I believe. Thanks a lot!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I have one in my pantry for making brownies, which now that I think about it, hasn't been for a year or so.
  • ctatchuan
    Options
    This is better...

*cue mouth watering....
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    In for chocolate anything.

tumblr_inline_mptsssVOkQ1qz4rgp.gif

me too :love:
  • LadyAsrai
    LadyAsrai Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    oh good lord at first I thought you were eating it straight. Glad to see that wasnt the case. :tongue:
    ... I may have eaten a spoonful of it straight on occasion. And this is why I should always keep real chocolate in the house.
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Because the more people that know about it, the less there is for ME. Been trying to keep this a secret, gee thanks for nothing-:wink::laugh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Because the more people that know about it, the less there is for ME. Been trying to keep this a secret, gee thanks for nothing-:wink::laugh:

This. I've been snorting that *kitten*. No kidding but I do put it in my coffee more days than not. Currently I'm using up my trader joe's version but any name on the label...powdered chocolate with no cals....:heart::drinker: .
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    looks expensive
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I put this in oatmeal and it was awful... what did I do wrong? :S

'cause It's not like chocolate that you normailly snack on (that has sugar & cocoa butter added back in)

Heresey's cocao powder is 100% cocoa, from the cocoa (cacao) bean. After all the cocoa butter (aka fat) is removed.
    And BEFORE sugar (aka additioanl carbs) are added.

so if you want sweetness, you have to add your own sweetness ie sugar, honey, agave, etc.