What to do if not hit calorie goal

Options
I always 99% hit my calorie it is very rare I don't. I was working yesterday and had his huge migraine I tried to eat a a pizza to fill the calories. I also had to drink a whey. I tried to eat the pizza with r Rory bite I felt being sick so I old not eat it. I had 900-1000 calories remaining I'm thinking of adding today to make up. I want to apologise if this question has been asked before

Replies

• candiceh3
    candiceh3 Posts: 379
    Options
    What food do you crave?

It is now that you get to eat your favourite food! But if you aren't hungry, don't worry about forcing yourself to eat it. 1000 calories has never forced anyone into starvation mode or ruined their diet.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    What food do you crave?

It is now that you get to eat your favourite food! But if you aren't hungry, don't worry about forcing yourself to eat it. 1000 calories has never forced anyone into starvation mode or ruined their diet.

I have left over pizza lol I'm thinking of eating as yesterday meal. I tried do hard to eat I could not phisically I felt sick. I went to bed and sleep
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    id eat it tomorrow... when I go over I do the opposite the following day and just make sure to get all my protein in... today was one of those days. Im much more concerned with weekly numbers than daily numbers.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Pizza, chocolate, cheese, ice cream, cookie... the possibilities are endless.
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry, don't eat. Think of this as a blessing! But just know that if you want to go over today it's alright.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Why did you feel sick?
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I think of each day as a new beginning, so if I went over or under the day before, I just push it aside and focus on the new day, sticking to my daily goal. But some people have a different approach and are more focused on weekly numbers, so it's up to you.
  • RunBrew
    RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Personally if I end a day well under my calorie goal I shrug and never give it a second thought. Some days I'm just not as hungry.
    Rolling those extra calories over to a later date seems counterintuitive to the process of losing weight.
  • lessac
    lessac Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Walnuts, almonds, pistachios, peanuts, macademia nuts, hazelnuts, cashews, nuts, nuts, nuts and butters of these.

Toss a salad with olive oil.

Fruits, of course. No matter how picky you are, there should be a few fruits you enjoy eating in the higher carb content range.
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I always 99% hit my calorie it is very rare I don't. I was working yesterday and had his huge migraine I tried to eat a a pizza to fill the calories. I also had to drink a whey. I tried to eat the pizza with r Rory bite I felt being sick so I old not eat it. I had 900-1000 calories remaining I'm thinking of adding today to make up. I want to apologise if this question has been asked before

Honestly I would not stress over it. What matters is what you do most of the time, not some of the time.
  • dancinavc
    Options
    I'm really new to this but I'm having a similar issue. My calories are way under what they're supposed to be, especially if you include the extra the program automatically adds for activity. But my sodium is slightly over the recommended limit. How do I boost calorie intake but decrease sodium? I'm already making good, healthy food like tuna, grapes, salad, etc.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    One day in isolation is not an issue. Just carry on as before.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    Why did you feel sick?

I had a migraine and was feeling sick tried eating but could not
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I made some killer trailmix with almonds and sunflower seeds and other goodies. Good snack with high calories and healthy fats. Adds a quick 200-300 of good cals
  • Sarahlascelles
    Sarahlascelles Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Don't force yourself to eat if you aren't hungry. That's how we all put weight on, we ate food our bodies didn't really need. One of the most important lessons for me has been listening to my body's needs, and eating when I am hungry and not when I am not.
  • Mongognom
    Mongognom Posts: 123
    Options
    I have days like that as well. My solution is usually to add high calorie items, such as nuts or avocado and switch to drinking juice instead of water. You can add a small amount of nuts or seeds to every meal to up the calories a little. I try to eat 6 meals a day, and have a set amount of calories I eat at all meals so that I have an idea about how much I should eat.
  • Mongognom
    Mongognom Posts: 123
    Options
    Snack on fruit and unsalted nuts.
  • skinnybythanksgiving
    Options
    I had a friend that got migraines from dairy (pizza, whey).

I get them from bananas. Nuts and chocolate are common triggers.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    i will never understand why anyone would choose to eat junk/unhealthy food just to fill a calorie goal that doesn't need to be filled?? If your sick, don't eat. If u had a good workout and burned a lot of calories and have taken in a decent amount of food and are not hungry.. don't eat. Your body isn't going to shut down, your weight loss isn't going to stall...